Imperia Online International
April 28, 2024, 11:27:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Army morale pr line?  (Read 2138 times)
valendria
Private

« on: June 12, 2014, 11:08:58 AM »

I read often on the forum people not understanding why they lost a battle ( I, myself is still trying to figure out the mechanics in detail), and the argument is often that your army flee due to bad morale.
In a battle-report all I see is the combined army morale, even though the moderators keep saying that they can see the specific morale for each individual line of offense.
My question is: How do you see the morale for the individual lines, and how do you choose which troop types shall fight in which line? Both really essential to a successful battle as I see it.
I hope you can help me figure out these things, it would help a lot. I'm guessing I'm not the only one that would appreciate a more detailed ruleset for battle calculations.

- Valendria 
mustique
Lieutenant

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 14:32:53 PM »

the army moral thing is crazy and they say its luck. sometimes i win with 19 end moral in an offensive attack and then sometimes i lose with 36 end moral  *xxx*
Muwe
I know nothing.. But about everything!
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 15:08:20 PM »

In the battle report that you open (after a fight) you should see a tab at the top, that shows you the report for each individual round.
Winning a battle or losing it due to bad (or low) moral. Well... if you are dropping under 50 morale, the chances for winning a battle, become uncertain.. i can give you figures or i can just say this:

If you drop significantly under 50, better dont attack. This way you avoid having to rebuild a big part of your army. Look at the report and see how fast you killed the army in field. If you kill it fast enough, and at the end your morale is still low, then build more siege weapons.. and a better advice would be, to try and combine catapults with battering rams.. better chances to drop a fortress easier.
However, even if you drop with just 2-3 points under 50 (lets say 48-47) you need to keep in mind that there are still chances to lose the battle. Run each simulation multiple times and see what you can do to improve the result, ensuring your victory over the enemy.

Valar morghulis !
Madzoism
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 19:57:10 PM »

When your morale drops below 50 for every 1 point morale the chances increase by 2% that your army will flee, so the lower morale gets the chaces increase that you will lose the battle. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: