Imperia Online International
April 19, 2024, 08:11:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Babysitting rights used for alt accounts  (Read 2183 times)
Barbiearian
Sergeant

« on: March 22, 2014, 09:29:01 AM »

I have noticed, having been given babysitting rights by a few people, that it seems too easy for players to exploit the accounts for their own gain. It is possible to use a babysat account to farm gold, and send it to yourself. With the prospect of 4 accounts you can use, it becomes very easy to gain a distinct advantage. I think you should look at whether babysat accounts should be able to send gold to other players. In fact, as its possible to use these accounts to boost your alliance value by donating res to the alliance from them, maybe you should look at stopping alliance contributions too (just let them pay tax). Another issue is people could use dormant accounts for the whole server, if they have been left babysitting rights - the guy quits, and you have an account with you for the rest of the server, that you use for wars, res etc. Perhaps there should be a limit to the amount of time you can use an account you are babysitting for, if the person who owns the account is not logging in and hasn't activated vacation mode. I'm sure the idea is to have a way of others looking after your interests whilst you are offline (overnight for example). But, I'm certain there are a lot of accounts where the person is no longer playing, and people are just using the babysat accounts to help boost their own.
Apunto Liburn Caka
Sergeant

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 13:51:50 PM »

many player have 4-3 account to us lika a farm for his important account ....!
Muwe
I know nothing.. But about everything!
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 13:58:35 PM »

Hello *Smiley*

A babysitter should, at any given time, be a person you trust, just so you dont have to worry about these things.
What point is there to have someone just looking at your account if that person is not able to sell your resources, or help you in any way.. and yes you should be able to use gold transfer to your own account.. that's why there is a "trade balance" in place. You can send, but with a limit.
However, looking at the matter from all sides, certain tweaks to babysitting could be brought. And in a mature version of the game, i`m sure most of these ideas will be heard and if suitable to the game play, implemented.

Cheers

Valar morghulis !
Apunto Liburn Caka
Sergeant

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 14:30:19 PM »

but you can use the other way to make an baby-sitters with half-rights !
Muwe
I know nothing.. But about everything!
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 14:35:46 PM »

If you have a suggestion, its more than welcomed.
Which "other way" are you referring to?

Valar morghulis !
Barbiearian
Sergeant

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 16:11:36 PM »

I will give you a simple example. Player A is given babysitting rights by Player B (who has decided to quit the game). He uses this babysat account, to bank gold, and send the interest accrued to his own account. Over a day, that would be more than 20 mill gold, in interest alone.

With that 20 mill gold, he buys res for his own account.

There are other things he could do with this account. Lets imagine, he uses it to concentrate on espionage levels - so he can concentrate on counter-espionage himself. He then uses the babysat account to spy players, he couldn't possible spy himself.

Then there is the possibility of using the account to attack players that he is unable to attack himself, because of score (loss of morale etc).

This might not be the reason we have babysitting accounts, but its blatantly obvious, there is nothing to stop players having 4 babysat accounts they use for their own gain. Just the fact its possible to gain upwards of 80 million gold per day is enough to demonstrate what problems there are atm. It should be addressed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: