Imperia Online International
March 28, 2024, 13:29:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I quit  (Read 3129 times)
JanW
Private

« on: April 22, 2013, 10:31:02 AM »

So aftere several years I returned (not for teh first time) here. I consider myself an experienced player in this genere. I've played many games so I can compare them. Now I survived for 2 weeks. There is no problem to keep in TOP 100-150 but mostly due to low player base. So becomming a farm of 2x player is a matter of time unless you are playing 24/7 and constantly farming the other villages. You have made up briliant game with interesting economy and combat which is unfortunatelly unplayable for most of the people simply because of the wrong point calculation => wrong attack restrictions. Badly balanced nations all in favour of nomads (faster population growth = greater income early on, imperian has to invest in medicine a lot = another points; no need for houses that starts to bude expensive at the middle stage and rising your points for nothing and the level of players who can attack you). Defence is very limited and weak. Even with everything as high as possible at the current level I can be rolled over by 2x. Also upgrading fortress to higher levels is very risky (you get points for the construction but it will be finished after 2-3 days - so for that time you have massive increase in points but no real value, I was attcked 8h before the fort was upgraded by someone who would be out of range if I hadn't build that and couldn't get in if the fort was upgraded by the time he arrived - points should be awarded after the building is up not after it is paid). Pillages are another thing - as I noticed Honor means nothing - and you cannot defend If you relly on your fort and strong garrison.

Another problem, players on top playing apparently 24/7 which ruins the game (not only this one). Or is attack at 2 a.m. normal just after my army returns and if I counter attacked his ally, at 2:30 a.m. he was waiting for me with his whole army in that province which was empty before. So they are probably multi-accounts. It is killing travian right now and I hate to say the even promote it. You can see many accounts there with published list of players who manage that account 2-6 usually. Also It is impossible to harmy him even as I killed many of his troops in defence nearly 80% he still had more than 60% zombies revived so after all nearly no loses for him wtf? Mil. Med. I know but it is simply badly balanced game and I'm really suprised that it survives so long with such a low player base and so many mostly balancing (nations/players) issues.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 10:39:53 AM by JanW » Logged
JanW
Private

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 10:55:17 AM »

Also the forum seems to be half dead.
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 11:29:18 AM »

I must dissapoint you, but your points are not so ggod as you think... This is point of view from somebody who came from different game then IO and expect that all will be same here. And you cant rule the game if you play only 2 weeks and log in 5 times per day. This is war game.
First, i a here long time and i would always choose Imperians, no matter Nomads dont need houses, have cataprachts... pure economy strength of Imperian is designed to rule at the end of era, but whn you know how to play, no nomads can even catch you in the beggining. But all depends on gameplay.
And you say all stronger guys attack you... please name 1 game where stronger dont attack weaker? When you pass certain points, even 2x player isnt so much stronger in army or econmy then you, because higher fortresses, researches, buildings cost a lot for only 1 lvl. So maybe at 1 milion points you have 12 provinces, player with 2 mil have 13-14.
If you know how, he is no treat to you. Dont keep a lot of resources in provinces, spend them before you go offline, keep army save by sending it to some goldmine or player which cant defeat it. Farm weaker then you or those that are not online. Game is more balanced then you think...  It take some time  and expirience to get to the top. *Smiley*

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
JanW
Private

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 11:35:58 AM »

Good points which I have read here many times. I know them and I did it. Army out not much resources left. I haven't logged in 5 times a day. Actually I wish that it was as you say. Not to waste so much time.

About attacking - the whole point of alliance is just a research and gold, alliance castles later on. You cannot directly help by sending troops for defence, that's what prevents most of the attacks on weaker players in alliance because their allies can help them not only watch them struggling.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 11:40:58 AM by JanW » Logged
Lucius
Private

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 06:03:04 AM »

I must dissapoint you, but your points are not so ggod as you think... This is point of view from somebody who came from different game then IO and expect that all will be same here. And you cant rule the game if you play only 2 weeks and log in 5 times per day. This is war game.
First, i a here long time and i would always choose Imperians, no matter Nomads dont need houses, have cataprachts... pure economy strength of Imperian is designed to rule at the end of era, but whn you know how to play, no nomads can even catch you in the beggining. But all depends on gameplay.
And you say all stronger guys attack you... please name 1 game where stronger dont attack weaker? When you pass certain points, even 2x player isnt so much stronger in army or econmy then you, because higher fortresses, researches, buildings cost a lot for only 1 lvl. So maybe at 1 milion points you have 12 provinces, player with 2 mil have 13-14.
If you know how, he is no treat to you. Dont keep a lot of resources in provinces, spend them before you go offline, keep army save by sending it to some goldmine or player which cant defeat it. Farm weaker then you or those that are not online. Game is more balanced then you think...  It take some time  and expirience to get to the top. *Smiley*

burn *freak*
BoyA
Private

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 08:40:37 AM »

it took tiger 3 years..lolz.. dnt think its will be easy for you.. *hahaha* NVM KoSac is still lost in game somewhere pillaging [:-}
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: