Imperia Online International
April 20, 2024, 00:32:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: overpowering battery  (Read 1786 times)
dicktator
Private

« on: January 28, 2014, 08:06:06 AM »

The game creates high reward for annihilating weaker players on a daily or hourly basis. There is no viable system of checks and balances to discourage harassment and extremely prejudicial behavior, repeated attacks against the same person/people. Once an army is lost, that's it, game over. There is no way to get back on your feet and build an army up before being crushed again.

I would encourage penalty for similar behavior in a form of scaling attack penalties when the same person is attacked over and over (i.e the defender gets an added 10% bonus every time he is attacked (or on his attack if he chooses to fight back), bonus scales back down if the defender attacks.

and/or Possibly instead of '5X the points' to determine attack, base it on similar army strength. disallow skewed attacking, or incorporate significant bonus/penalty.

and/or Make fortresses stronger / adjust combat formula to ensure attacker takes  an ample loss, discouraging repeated beat down tactics for minor reward / prejudicial, repeated destruction of a person trying to rebuild.

There has to be a mechanism built in to discourage the powerful and greedy from constant assaults, for the game to be enjoyable for all.

I have lost much interest in the game because my alliance and I are victims of constant beat downs, and there is no chance for recovery. There is absolutely nothing to motivate dialog with the attackers. They just don't care.

Another huge contributing factor is the language barrier. Folks who cant communicate with one another have zero concern for each other.

I'm a moderate spender when it comes to online games, but wont spend a cent on this game until viable balance countermeasures are incorporated.

This would be a fantastic game, with some balance. I look forward to ingenuity and constructive adjustment =)
franznikoforos
Private

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 13:19:09 PM »

actually, you can:

1: found military posts further away from your empire so they cannot be found
2: send your troops in military expeditions as soon as they get out from the barracks
3: enter in a larger alliance
4: enter in dinastic marriages with potential enemies around you BEFORE they attack you
5: move your resources away so they have no incentive to attack you, only honor losses
6: keep your troops not mobilized as long as you can and then go back to 1 or 2
7: focusing on researches and buildings that give you FEW points so you can get outside of their range attack quicker
8: buy diamonds to capitulate (first time is for free)

Overall, I agree it is not nice being bullied (have been bullied myself many times as I don't use diamonds and I am more interested in economy than in battles) but this game has a very high number of strategies weak players can use, and a very high level of protection, compared with other games.....

Madzoism
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 20:26:33 PM »

actually, you can:

2: send your troops in military expeditions as soon as they get out from the barracks
4: enter in dinastic marriages with potential enemies around you BEFORE they attack you
5: move your resources away so they have no incentive to attack you, only honor losses
7: focusing on researches and buildings that give you FEW points so you can get outside of their range attack quicker

Overall, I agree it is not nice being bullied (have been bullied myself many times as I don't use diamonds and I am more interested in economy than in battles) but this game has a very high number of strategies weak players can use, and a very high level of protection, compared with other games.....

This is very well explained, there are many options almost limitless. Stop thinking only about defense because the things that other (stronger) players do to you and your alliance you can do to other players (weaker) and alliances so i would say the game is very well balanced. 
RCrashR
Private

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 17:03:51 PM »

actually, you can:

1. I always find what I look for it's impossible to hide something if a player really looks for it.. in v5 we were scouting the entire map pixel to pixel to search for enemy colonies and armies.
2. Agree, though a big army is impossible to sustain without diamonds in v6. Military expedition should cost 2x less than a normal mission.
3. Agree
4. Who in their right mind would accept that marriage *Smiley*)
5. Agree
6. Agree
7. Disagree, this way you will never become a fast growing or a good player.
8. You should be able to play this game even without diamonds.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 17:05:33 PM by RCrashR » Logged
dicktator
Private

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 06:21:47 AM »

The post is a suggestion, i.e. info for the devs. Disagree as you will, it is solid feedback, and the way myself and hundreds of others feel. Why don't they all post? because as I have, they lost interest in the game. Enjoyment/success in a game, based on being in a top ten alliance, who can avenge/discourage prejudiced attack, doesn't cater to the average player. My alliance is ranked in the 30's and almost everyone has either given up or quit.

I'm still giving the game a chance, log-in every day, build, research, repair etc. I regularly get rape attacked, destroying my armies, fortresses, stealing resources etc

I don't need a lesson in chicken sheet, rat hole survival techniques.

The game has much potential, but just isn't that fun for a non exploitative / non-greed driven player. I wont spend a dime on the game until there is a power balance. (period) . $$ talks, I spend on many games, but don't on this one.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: