Imperia Online International
March 28, 2024, 20:15:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gay marriages  (Read 5182 times)
madhazelnut
Private

« on: January 24, 2014, 10:52:49 AM »

Why aren't gay marriages allowed in the Imperial Court?

*Smiley*
madhazelnut
Private

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 10:54:04 AM »

Ok - this one should probably be placed in other section of the forum like "Jokes". Sorry admins - couldln't resist not making this joke.
Promilus
Private

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 12:22:27 PM »

No child, no heir *wink*
Muwe
I know nothing.. But about everything!
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 13:00:38 PM »

Gay marriages have no point, since they cant give birth to any heir.

Valar morghulis !
Lukas666
Private

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 14:14:20 PM »

what about the equality of minor groups like "gay" or "lesbian"? they can feel offend in the game. great people should be able to adpot childrens "sir Lucek and sir Pedrov has adopted a new child"  *hihi*
Muwe
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 14:26:20 PM »

*Smiley*
Surely many ideas have come across the developing team. And i`m also sure that they have picked up the best of them and implemented them in the game.
There is still room for improvement in the game and i`m sure that every good idea will be taken into account.
Cheers

Valar morghulis !
Madzoism
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 15:13:15 PM »

We are talking here about medieval times what rights are we talking about  *hihi*
mega_alien
Private

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 23:22:23 PM »

I think that it doesn't matter if the game is about medieval times. We are playing it in the 21st century ... There should be gay marriages allowed. And there should be an option for them to adopt children .
seyhun
Translator and
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 23:50:20 PM »

I think that it doesn't matter if the game is about medieval times. We are playing it in the 21st century ... There should be gay marriages allowed. And there should be an option for them to adopt children .

Yeah, we are in the 21st century. But this game is not Global Wars. *Grin*
mega_alien
Private

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 23:57:34 PM »

Sorry never heard of a game global wars ...  *pardon*
seyhun
Translator and
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 00:18:39 AM »

Sorry never heard of a game global wars ...  *pardon*

It was another game of this company. It is not active now. *Smiley*
Dint
Trusted Member

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 10:06:20 AM »

On a serious note (eventhough the question is being asked as a joke): There are multiple sources which say that there were gay marriages during the Middle Ages, so judging from these sources it actually wouldn't be so strange to have it in the game. However, as Promilus and Muwe pointed out earlier: Gay couples are unable to give birth, which would result in a lack of heirs. The solution for this, as mentioned by Lukas666, would be to allow them to adopt one or multiple kids. That said, it wouldn't be so strange to have gay marriage in the game at all.

Implementing this into the game would require quite some changes and work though, so because of this, and the development stage we're currently in, I think that the chances for such a big change being accepted are very small at this moment.
Rake
Private

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 16:50:33 PM »

heirs is no excuse. in reality many royal couples had no heirs. the brother or the nephew of the king or queen my be the heir. adoption sounds stupid, IMO, but gay marriage in middle age game sounds aswell specially because it was something related to religion and the church was never fond of gays. but I also think that having girls of 17 years old on the army is at least a *freak* idea and they exist on this game.  [:-}

On the winners side!
Muwe
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 17:37:42 PM »

In modern society giving a girls hand in marriage at the age of 17 is only legal with the consent of the parents. However, think on how many kings there were back in the times that at age 17 they were fighting, winning battles and they were the kings. Kings, with wifes. Wifes that were of appropriate age. And appropriate age means when the girl became a woman (when she was ready to have kids, which means when she had her first menstrual cycle).
That is why this exists in the game. Also, because the life expectations in those days had an average of 40 years, due to the slow advance of medicine (church had forbid experiments on human bodies, and testing on humans) and also due to the many diseases traveling the earth (black plague is just one of them).
I am with you on the gay marriages being frowned-upon, as a king that had lost the support of the church was in free-fall.. Army was not fighting with the same confidence without a priest blessing them before battles.

Valar morghulis !
Rake
Private

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2014, 19:16:26 PM »

I don't really understand what you means and I am not sure that you understand what I meant either. *Smiley*

"The warrior Zelda Underhill did brilliantly on the battle..."

I don't ever heard of an army in the middle ages to have 16 and 17 years old girls among their ranks. Do you? if you do, please, let me know. I love to read and know stuff.

On the winners side!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: