Imperia Online International
April 23, 2024, 21:16:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holidays: Xbox one or PS4?  (Read 3491 times)
Lucius
Private

« on: December 11, 2013, 05:36:53 AM »

Big question of the Holidays where do you stand Xbox one or PS4?

PS4 is the correct answer

Edit by Dint: I moved your post out of the ancient topic you posted it in at first. Please leave topics which are that old, this one was from 2010, for what they are and start a new topic instead.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 15:46:12 PM by Dint » Logged
Dint
Trusted Member

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 15:43:09 PM »

Consoles only, really? I'd like to add the PC to the options. *wink*
Lucius
Private

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 07:48:05 AM »

Consoles only, really? I'd like to add the PC to the options. *wink*

Arent you the trouble maker!  Well then Apple OR Microsoft?
Dint
Trusted Member

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 10:49:08 AM »

I'd definitely have to go for Microsoft on this one, mainly because of the the compatibility of most games. Lets see if Valve can change that with Steam OS. *wink*
Lucius
Private

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 01:32:41 AM »

I'd definitely have to go for Microsoft on this one, mainly because of the the compatibility of most games. Lets see if Valve can change that with Steam OS. *wink*

For computer you are 100% right Microsoft all the way for the reasons you mentioned but most importantly I cannot stand the one click mouse with apple wtf is up with that?  What do you mean when you mention Valve and Steam OS?  I am unfamiliar with that.  Are you a supporter of PS4 or Xbox one you must chose sides!
Dint
Trusted Member

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 10:36:21 AM »

Still a tough one, I think the specifications and the price of the PS4 are better. But I like the Xbox One exclusive games (Titanfall and Rise: Son of Rome) more. So for this reason I'd have to go for the Xbox One after all. And this is exactly why I don't like consoles, because of the titles that are only available on one of them and not the other. wall

About the one click mouse... yes, it sounds strange for people who are used to using (at least) two mouse buttons. However, for new users one button is simply a lot easier for obvious reasons (because there's only one button). Apple has always been focusing on usability and making their systems as intuitive as possible and that's the reason for the one buttoned mouse.

Valve is the company behind Steam, which is 'a digital distribution, digital rights management, multiplayer, and communications platform' (Quoted from Wikipedia). They've recently announced SteamOS, Steam Machines and a Steam Controller. Here's a short explanation about each of them:
  • SteamOS: An operating system, optimized for gaming, based on Linux. More and more developers are starting to make their games available for Linux and with SteamOS this will only increase.
  • Steam Machines: A small size PC for the living-room, running on Steam OS, which can be modified as much as you want.
  • Steam Controller: A controller which can be used either with your existing PC or with the Steam Machines.

I'd definitely recommend you to read more about it. I personally find these developments very interesting. *Smiley* Here's Steam's own page on which they announced these three products, you can click the circles to access more information about the three things I mentioned above: http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/

And here's an early review about the Steam Machine, SteamOS and the Steam Controller: http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/4/5063760/we-try-the-steam-machine-valves-video-game-console-of-the-future
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 10:40:43 AM by Dint » Logged
Lucius
Private

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 02:49:09 AM »

Still a tough one, I think the specifications and the price of the PS4 are better. But I like the Xbox One exclusive games (Titanfall and Rise: Son of Rome) more. So for this reason I'd have to go for the Xbox One after all. And this is exactly why I don't like consoles, because of the titles that are only available on one of them and not the other. wall

About the one click mouse... yes, it sounds strange for people who are used to using (at least) two mouse buttons. However, for new users one button is simply a lot easier for obvious reasons (because there's only one button). Apple has always been focusing on usability and making their systems as intuitive as possible and that's the reason for the one buttoned mouse.

Valve is the company behind Steam, which is 'a digital distribution, digital rights management, multiplayer, and communications platform' (Quoted from Wikipedia). They've recently announced SteamOS, Steam Machines and a Steam Controller. Here's a short explanation about each of them:
  • SteamOS: An operating system, optimized for gaming, based on Linux. More and more developers are starting to make their games available for Linux and with SteamOS this will only increase.
  • Steam Machines: A small size PC for the living-room, running on Steam OS, which can be modified as much as you want.
  • Steam Controller: A controller which can be used either with your existing PC or with the Steam Machines.

I'd definitely recommend you to read more about it. I personally find these developments very interesting. *Smiley* Here's Steam's own page on which they announced these three products, you can click the circles to access more information about the three things I mentioned above: http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/

And here's an early review about the Steam Machine, SteamOS and the Steam Controller: http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/4/5063760/we-try-the-steam-machine-valves-video-game-console-of-the-future

i love steam they brought back aoe II HD so i can play it again online with friends more easily (which if you havent played you should try).......i will try to read up on the things you posted when i have time, i know apple has better equipment and probably better user friendly software once you learn it but i am stuck in my ways and apple is soooo expensive!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: