Imperia Online International
April 29, 2024, 16:38:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The logic behind building prices  (Read 1902 times)
felix_r
Captain

« on: November 11, 2013, 00:06:39 AM »

May be this is only me, but I think that there is no logic behind building prices in V6, and I will explain.

When I upgrade my Fortress, I get much better Fortress and this is why its price is much higher. Ok!

But when I buy another house, I don't understand why its price is higher. Every new house is just the same as the previous one. Each house gives me exactly the same room for 25K population. The first house is just the same as the house number 15, so why the prices is much higher? The price must be the same price, because the house is the same house!
guan006
Private

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 00:20:23 AM »

I agree with you 100%! You could use the other resources else where like Army.
The build times would be the same as well so you dont have any guessing and the extra factors from Great People and Terrains bring down the build times!
Feels like you over paying on buildings when a set amount would be more reasonable on certain ones.
tock.a
Trusted Member

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 02:48:58 AM »

I think there is logic because first is 25k population per lvl and max lvl is 26. In v5 price on houses were getting bigger with every next lvl and giving you only 10% plus population from previous one. So when you calculate the amount of spent resources in v5 for houses 40 lvl it will be somewhere near like in v6 for lvl 26. Thats my logic explanation  *hmm*

Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
felix_r
Captain

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 10:25:31 AM »

I think there is logic because first is 25k population per lvl and max lvl is 26. In v5 price on houses were getting bigger with every next lvl and giving you only 10% plus population from previous one. So when you calculate the amount of spent resources in v5 for houses 40 lvl it will be somewhere near like in v6 for lvl 26. Thats my logic explanation  *hmm*

In v5 it is upgrade. You get bigger house, you pay more. Here you buy the same house 1, 2, 3.... they all the same, so the price must be the same.

When you go to the store and buy milk, does the first bottle cost the same as the second bottle ? *Smiley*
tock.a
Trusted Member

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 15:41:23 PM »

In v6 also is an upgrade, when you press to build house the number of lvl is one plus it doesn't stand on house lvl 1  *hmm*
and we are talking for houses not for bying milk...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 15:42:40 PM by tock.a » Logged

Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
LordStDenis
Lieutenant

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 23:24:03 PM »

I think price increase is to do with demand , It seems price goes up not for each succesive build but based on pop lvl or even fortress lvl, I have found building 4 or 5 houses as soon as annexing a province, even though not needed is much cheaper and quicker
SirLovesAlot
Private

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 07:26:48 AM »

In v5 it is upgrade. You get bigger house, you pay more. Here you buy the same house 1, 2, 3.... they all the same, so the price must be the same.

When you go to the store and buy milk, does the first bottle cost the same as the second bottle ? *Smiley*

When I buy milk, the first bottle costs more than the second bottle.  The price for buying 2 bottles at one time is less.  But if you buy one bottle, and then get in line a second time to buy the second bottle, then the price is the same. 

A lot of the logic in this game needs rethinking.  Many things require that you pay exponentially more for each level, but each additional level gives you the same thing even though you paid so much more.  It's called the law of diminishing returns.  While it might make sense in some situations, I don't agree that it should be part of this game.
Dint
Trusted Member

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 13:49:25 PM »

I've added more logical prices for building houses as a suggestion, so it will be reviewed by our team. Thank you for your input! *Smiley*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: