Imperia Online International
April 24, 2024, 13:39:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rule one of introducing a new design.  (Read 1942 times)
npace
Private

« on: September 26, 2013, 13:13:23 PM »

Have a uniform start-point.
I'm not going to comment on your sim city take on things - I make a living of getting paid to give such advice.

Having people move things is all fine and good. Having a different default setup for everyone is foolish at best - particularly because its only aesthetic.
Makes it particularly annoying for player communication. Its fun when I told my friends to click the lower left building and it turned out it isn't the same one and what they were looking for.
npace
Private

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 10:24:28 AM »

Other than that I'm surprised of how poor the technical performance is, Its low even by beta standards. It won't matter how many bugs are reported if the game clogs our machines and runs badly. And that's supposed to be QA'd way before any public launch. But then again 8 years later your message system is still less user friendly than barrel full of monkeys, so I wasn't holding my breath for your new design. After all - these days if phpbb surpasses your internal message system in terms of functionality is when you know some designer needs to be replaced. And that's just for starters, most people would agree that your UI has been and still is awful, good thing there is content to offset that.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 10:57:05 AM by npace » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: