Imperia Online International
April 16, 2024, 06:49:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Defense??  (Read 1663 times)
rawedge
Private

« on: May 01, 2013, 12:02:16 PM »

Wow, just found out some time ago that in this game you can not not defend as a team, as what point to be in alliances if they can not send you troops to your base to defend you? I just wonder are the developers of this game have ever played or heard of similar games like that? take "travian" for example, game looks like "crap" but when it comes to the game play, will beat this game any time of the day.
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 12:28:41 PM »

Our goal is not to make another Travian clone. You cna play IO even without alliance and not get killed like in travian. Alliance gives researches bonuses to players, bonuses for certain positions, you have alliance wars, alliance members can help you defend colonies by sending troops there, they can kill players attacking you, you can have wars with other alliances... and many more thins. But you must defend your empire alone, allies cant send troops there.
And a lot of people like that model over Travian model. Not all games can be the same - what would be the point of different games then?

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
JanW
Private

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 23:48:44 PM »

In travian you can defend, here your castle garrison is capped so 2x player can wipe you out anytime, just rage quit and then resurrected my town just to get smashed again, full garrison best archers, balistae, castle towers + moat at max what castle provide, researched archery and all the fortification stuff. Just returned to see me castle ruined. I was always attacked when I was off. So now I§m sitting duck, I cannot even spend my resources because I have to repair my best castle but how can I save that ammount of resources If Im constantly farmed by several players who noticed that my castle is down? I capitulated but that goes only for one of them = unplaybale at this moment. Interesting game but with bad defence mechanics and pay to win. I'm not going to put any money in such game. I'd have to spent a lot of diamonds to be save for a reconstruction but then this can repeat anytime, losing several months work just in a second and then not be able to do anything at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: