Imperia Online International
April 18, 2024, 21:42:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pay to win  (Read 7412 times)
zioperion
Private

« on: March 18, 2013, 13:10:44 PM »

I have been a loyal fan of IO for years and have been playing off and on for quite a while. I came back after a long break and am just astonished at how blatantly the developers have destroyed a game of skill and tactics into the worst case of "Pay to win" I have ever seen in any game I have ever played.

I used to pay 20 euro a month and had no problem staying at the top of the game using tactics, 10 hour income, and the basic premium abilities. Now, it seems I can't survive at the top without paying at least 200 euro a month. Ridiculous!  rant Now there is players who have 140K points and massive armies I used to see only at 3 months into the game, only a couple days into the era.

I will be quitting the game now, at least till the "pay to win" standard goes away, and skill returns. Don't think I am quitting cause I lost either, I proudly hold Botd medal for this era already, and have held my own solo, I just refuse to continue paying greedy developers in order to stay in the top 100.

Bye IO :/

Btw, removing the payout for defensive victories is complete rubbish as well. I destroy 1.2 million worth of an enemies forces, and only receive 20k gold as a reward? 
Dark-Caval
Bellum omnium in omnes...
Private

Ipsa scientia potestas est...

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 03:32:50 AM »

Indeed my friend, I feel your pain *sad*.
Decimus
Private

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 04:39:54 AM »

long way of diamonds usage, from max 10h resouces , till now:
10h + Grants 10% production bonus./Grants 10% population growth bonus./Grants 10% attack bonus to all army./Grants 10% defense bonus to all army./Grants a daily bonus of 10 Happiness points in each province.
/Doubles Depot stations' maximum capacities./Grants 20% shorter unit training time and 20% bigger barrack capacities. and most of all, temple boxes.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 04:53:44 AM by Decimus » Logged

Ultra-Decimus, ex-gthyju378.
Wow, arent forgotten: Excesiv, dinnu, a_sad_got :-*
___justus_
Lieutenant

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 05:01:51 AM »

personally i never pays so much money for the victory in a game.it would be a shame for me.
black a mark.disgusting bench.

i have not played İO for a long time and now i am  in realm 10 (old an era) and looking for strategy game.
easy premium.fair game.and healty brain.

i think we will talk more about.

Slave for justice and vengeance
___justus_
Lieutenant

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 14:58:20 PM »

and i have registered to the newest realm of İO to see it.
i have seen better graphics than before.
i will take a look again but i dont suppose one day i will have a serious account powered by "super premium".
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 16:01:28 PM by ___justus_ » Logged

Slave for justice and vengeance
Robinhood112
Private

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 03:28:18 AM »

The temple boxes are what cause the most imbalance.  Remove this option (of which only a small portion of players use due to the high cost) and it would be a much better game where some skill and tactics are required. 

Also the cost of the diamonds is ridiculous especially for those that reside outside the EU and have to convert to this much over-valued currency. 

I imagine a large portion of IO players don't buy diamonds but if they actually dropped the price I wonder if they would make more money along with making the game more equal as more people can buy them and have a chance to compete.  Would a 50% drop in price create more than 50% revenues?  By making it so expensive to play, it won't give them a vary constant income stream as players will tend to only buy large for one era if at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: