Imperia Online International
April 23, 2024, 15:41:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My version of R4/E5  (Read 10093 times)
Naylrod
« on: December 21, 2007, 09:01:43 AM »

Since some of the people that played in R4/E5 have written down their experiences from these 4 months I got inspired to do the same, so here it is.

I was playing in R9 (Avengers) when R4/E5 was about to start and wanted to try out as a leader of an alliance myself. I drafted my leader in Avengers, Calin to be my support and co-leader for this, and got an IRL-friend (Zenzei) and master of Travian to join as well. So be it, the minute Zenzei reached 50p he created the alliance SST (Sic Semper Tyrannis), named after his clan in Travian and when I reached 50p I joined and took over the leadership. Then the recruiting season started and all of a sudden I found myself with an alliance with 15-20 members, consisting of mostly newbies. Calin got too much to do at work and Zenzei got bored, but I stayed and tried to get things going.

Early on we allied our self with ROIMPERIU, DarkLaw and WOJ. The coalition. Our goal was to defeat all Turkish alliances (sorry guys) but I think we did only one war against the GeNeRe-something and that was that. We also had a few NAP:s that we really didn’t interact with. The liners, Guererros, Mercinario among others.

We had some really nice wars with SST. CENTURIONS were our first real test of strength and we lost that one, but we fought hard to the bitter end. We managed to win against X_LEGIONE and some minor alliances. The end of SST came when I realized we had a too high combined Net-worth to find easy alliances to do war upon. At this moment we lost some wars against Uruk_Hai and Alliance to mention the better ones. Funny thing about the Uruk war was that it started when Nebthe used one of my members (djokky) as a farm and I threaten him with war if he didn’t stop. Well, threats don’t scare Nebthe, so my honour demanded me to declare war, a war that I knew we could not win.

After this, I decided to split up SST. I took the top 6 (Kjownarq, Kopernik, Fidelitas, Leekstep, Lost_Myth and myself) and formed Crown, the rest remained as SST with Imygind as new leader. I tied up all my old alliances with DarkLaw, ROIMPERIU and the rest and went into vac.-mode for a few days. In my absence, Kjonwarq became leader and he was eager to go to war, and TeddyBears were his choice.

Now all that is so great with this game happened. DarkLaw, our long time ally, declared war on us, since they were allied to TB as well and since they (Lurchman’s own words) thought that I was gone for good, and I was the only one they had an agreement with. Good one!
Vatarians also declared war because of their alliance with DarkLaw and LEGIONXIII came as well but they had no deal with any of these guys. At least we got ROIMPERIU that stood by us the whole time, so they declared war on DarkLaw as well, the former coalition were now engaged in a bloody war. Couldn’t be more fun then that. If that’s not enough, Menace and his Hoplites wanted to declare war on us as well, but pulled back because of our messed up situation (Thanks Makatas!). I managed to talk my way out of the action with LEGIONXIII, (Thanks Night!) but had to loose the war (they won by smashing 1 empty level 1 fort). Now everything was a mess and we started off with 4 losses. But we did not give up.

We started to do the liner tactics by attacking much weaker alliances and quickly gained back what we lost. Together with ROIMPERIU we fought FORGIVE_ME among others, and soon we were almost at top 10. My initial goal with SST was to finish in the top 5. I think it might have ended that way if I hadn’t gone above 5-8 players. We had some turbulent time were people had to take care of IRL-stuff and decided to leave the alliance and the game. I had to recruit some new guys and went strictly for people that had nice military rank and were without active alliances, Vasiljevs, ACHILLIUS, Menace, Polish200, Hiske, Rowdy, they all rejected me but former SST-buddy Bena and Zergus from LEGIONXIII took the bait so the ending line-up of Crown were Naylrod, Zergus, Bena, Kopernik, and Karala (who joined when Crown were a few weeks old). At this time we also had a nice help from Buleuleon also of LEGIONXIII who boosted our economy in a great way producing goods for us (Thanks mate).

At the end we had another war with DarkLaw who also were started when I was in vac.-mode, by my co-leader Fidelitas.  *Smiley* . And this time we won, yeah! We also had a re-match with Uruk_Hai, which we also won. But that was mostly because of a 48h ban on Tristan that cost the Uruks too much to be reversed. As a final we planned a war against our all time favourite friends of ROIMPERIU, but the Liner/Uruk thing got in the way because we decided to join that war instead.

My hope was that all of Crown would join the same side in that war so we had a vote, which were won by the liners 3 against 2, but Karala who voted for the liners had no time to participate and me and Bena the other liner-votes didn’t really care so Uruk_Hai were the ones we choose. Kopernik went to vac.-mode for some unknown reason and never joined the war. ….The boys from Crown really didn’t get it going in that war, Bena got hit almost immediately and was gone. I managed to do two successful pillages on Reac (aka Blue dude, aka Swedish liner), then I had a 10h break and Tristan killed me. I left the alliance to save the U_H:s from losing any more points because of me and a couple of minutes after that Octavian (aka Red dude, aka Red liner) were approaching my empire. Since I wanted to help out because of my mistake and having a lot of friends in U_H (and a few in the Liners) I logged on to the Uruk_Hai chatroom and gave them Octavian who were offline at this moment and could not have known I left the team. I don’t know how well Zergus fared in U_H but I think he stayed the whole war thorugh.

Well that’s that, I hope it was not too long to get through. Maybe I see you in R9 where I am an active Avenger once again or in some other realm somwhere. … I will of course continue to spam the forum.

Oops! Almost forgot. We had 3 wars in total against TeddyBears, lost them all. Goronja, Radooo, Xpertiza, Alexander and the rest of you. You were the best team we faced.
Hiske
Trusted Member

I want a personalized magnet! :D

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 09:43:07 AM »

Great story! I really enjoyed reading it! Good luck in R9 and hopefully we'll meet again some day... it was a pleasure playing with you; even if it was only for a couple of days *Smiley*
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 11:26:02 AM »

Nice story *Smiley*
And except Wildcats, you and Justice (the only alliances that declare war on us) had to lose 3 wars: the one declared and other 2 declared by us *Grin*

I am the one and only!
Reaccão
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 11:35:52 AM »

Nice story *Smiley*
And except Wildcats, you and Justice (the only alliances that declare war on us) had to lose 3 wars: the one declared and other 2 declared by us *Grin*

Radooo, by us you must mean your old alliance. Cuz you were a liner deep inside all the time.

Naylrod, nice story. I always like to read about players and alliances that play for the alliance race!
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 11:40:23 AM »

I meant Teddies *Tongue*
And my strategy was like yours: playing low points and have lot of wars (but they didn't listen to me) *Lips Sealed*

I am the one and only!
k_mihai
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 12:07:07 PM »

congrats Naylrod *bear*
Reaccão
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 12:15:46 PM »

I meant Teddies *Tongue*
And my strategy was like yours: playing low points and have lot of wars (but they didn't listen to me) *Lips Sealed*

I know the feeling, Tugboat building that level 3 fortress hurt really bad...  *Angry*
ottosec
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 12:23:51 PM »

Mc, stop bragging about you alliance! we all know it sucked... i wouldn't have played there for all the money in the world...  *Tongue*

Edit: damn i'm stupid!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 12:36:55 PM by ottosec » Logged
k_mihai
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 12:35:44 PM »

except for the last war, u mean  *Grin*
Naylrod
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 13:08:03 PM »

congrats Naylrod *bear*

Thanks! ...But for what, finishing on the 11th place?  *Smiley*
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007, 13:14:10 PM »

Maybe for helping Uruks *Grin*

I am the one and only!
Naylrod
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2007, 13:18:02 PM »

i wouldn't have played there for all the money in the world...  *Tongue*

Nobody did!

Maybe for helping Uruks *Grin*

Ok, if losing points ever helped anyone...  *bear*
k_mihai
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2007, 13:25:06 PM »

for the story *Smiley* and for the tip on octavian
Naylrod
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2007, 13:34:54 PM »

for the story *Smiley* and for the tip on octavian

Ok, thanks!
Reaccão
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2007, 16:02:54 PM »

Mc, stop bragging about you alliance! we all know it sucked... i wouldn't have played there for all the money in the world...  *Tongue*

Edit: damn i'm stupid!

Please, let me brag just a little, it is the only psuedo-accomplishment I have in my life  *rose* *rose*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: