Imperia Online International
April 26, 2024, 15:34:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What colony bonus is best for Imperians' economy?  (Read 3399 times)
Piackage
Private

« on: September 20, 2012, 08:22:21 AM »

I am considering founding my first colony ever and I'm not sure what special resource to target. As an Imperian, I was thinking that either a 10% Farm bonus, a +10 Happiness bonus, or a 10% Research time bonus would be best. I would rank them as such:
3rd: Happiness Bonus - gives me ability to have higher taxes, so my gold income will be higher, but because it does not actually increase the max happiness allowable in each province, it will not increase my population growth due to migration, and therefore is not ideally suited to economic growth.
2nd: Research Bonus - Striving to annex all 19 Provinces as quickly as possible and maintain a strong efficiency % via Bureaucracy takes many many long hours of research. Knocking this investment of time down by 10%, and thus accelerating the rate at which an Empire can expand, develop, prosper, and reinvest in itself has exponential value.
1st: Farm Bonus - Population drives everything economic and military. Population gives benefits on multiple fronts, increasing tax revenues, producing more resources, allowing for more troops to be trained, and replenishing the ranks after 50,000 citizens relocate to found a new colony.

Having never founded a colony before, I'm not sure if my assumptions are correct. I am also not sure how varying distances will alter the rankings. I currently have a research time field very near me, about 50 miles away, and a 10% farm field about 230 miles away. Given the diminished happiness in the farm colony due to distance, would the closer research colony be more valuable and effective? I'd like to hear other more experienced players opinions on what special resource fields are best to go after and how much distance can effect your decision of which to colonize. I'd also be curious to know if some of the better players feel colonizing anything, regardless of bonus, is too risky and expensive to be worthwhile. I have heard some who think that.
Nocturnal
Private

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 05:55:22 AM »

No, you are not correct.

1) Wood 10%
2) Gold 10%
3) Gems

Unless you spend shit tons of money on the game you will find that your limit are resources and not time for spending them.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 05:59:11 AM by Nocturnal » Logged
Piackage
Private

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 20:49:33 PM »

No, you are not correct.

1) Wood 10%
2) Gold 10%
3) Gems

Unless you spend shit tons of money on the game you will find that your limit are resources and not time for spending them.

Ok, next question then. I have a 10% Wood 110 miles from me and a 10% Gold 89 miles from me. Given the larger happiness penalty on the Wood, would you opt for the Wood or the Gold bonus? Is the Wood still better even after the penalty or does the Gold offer more value now?
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 01:58:36 AM »

wood
Piackage
Private

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 17:19:02 PM »

Thanks. I took the 10% Wood. The 10% Gold is still unoccupied. I may found a 2nd colony on that field.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: