Imperia Online International
April 25, 2024, 22:15:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sth wrong with the calculations  (Read 1938 times)
olsi
Lieutenant

« on: July 28, 2012, 11:57:00 AM »

There is something wrong with the calculations in the new version of IO. I calculate and calculate, and I always find that it's not worth it to put any stone worker at all. Or even iron worker. The wood will suffice. You can always sell the wood for 4 times the price you produce it and buy the other two resources. I don't know why the price of wood stays at nearly 2.00, perhaps the price of battering rams or archers. They require excessive amounts of wood. The province bonuses on wood and iron doesn't count either. Look at these figures... I have a province with -10% wood production and +10% stone production. 1000 workers at each of the working sites gives me 108 wood and 65 stone. 108 wood x 2 = 181 gold (after reducing trade commissions). 181 gold / 1.5 (the price of stone) = 120 stone, which is almos double the production of stone. And consider I have chosen the worst case scenario with the province that has -10% wood production and + 10% stone production...
Excesiv
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 13:21:05 PM »

true, wood is overrated. add h cavs price to the reasons/.
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 18:00:57 PM »

In this point of view game is not balanced. Stone is not needed at all. You need very little iron and a huge amount of wood...  *hmm*
paul71
Private

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 19:16:38 PM »

You have hit on the secret to fast growth olsi. There is nothing wrong with the calculation of workers ability to produce resources. The issue is players perception of the value of the different resources. The market prices of wood is always too high when compared to the ability of the empires to produce the resources and this is because many players try to produce Iron to make armies and build too many iron mines. The clever players in the top 20 of most realms don't even build iron or stone mines until later in the game, they set 100% of their population to wood production, sell about 50% of the wood and buy any iron or stone they need.
Let me show you. In Realm 105 now the price of Wood is 3.32 the price of Iron is 5.00
100 workers produce 10 wood  = 33.2 gold
100 workers produce 2 Iron     = 10 gold

Therefore villagers producing wood are 332% more efficient then those producing Iron.
As I said nothing wrong with the game calculations the error is players perception of resource value as it the players who set the market price not the game.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 19:17:10 PM by paul71 » Logged
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 01:54:04 AM »

You have hit on the secret to fast growth olsi. There is nothing wrong with the calculation of workers ability to produce resources. The issue is players perception of the value of the different resources. The market prices of wood is always too high when compared to the ability of the empires to produce the resources and this is because many players try to produce Iron to make armies and build too many iron mines. The clever players in the top 20 of most realms don't even build iron or stone mines until later in the game, they set 100% of their population to wood production, sell about 50% of the wood and buy any iron or stone they need.
Let me show you. In Realm 105 now the price of Wood is 3.32 the price of Iron is 5.00
100 workers produce 10 wood  = 33.2 gold
100 workers produce 2 Iron     = 10 gold

Therefore villagers producing wood are 332% more efficient then those producing Iron.
As I said nothing wrong with the game calculations the error is players perception of resource value as it the players who set the market price not the game.

I think olsi knows that perfectly... Indeed he produces only wood. As i do!
The problem is not the wood production, but the price of everything (units, buildings, researches). They require much more wood in comparison to iron or stone. That's the miscalculation, not the wood production in itself...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: