Imperia Online International
April 19, 2024, 01:55:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: coordinates  (Read 1336 times)
alias
Private

« on: June 23, 2012, 12:08:40 PM »

Are the coordinates represented in miles?? Or just a random scale of figures... hmmm
i.e. can i calculate the distances between points using the coordinates, getting the results in miles?? *gamer*
Bringit
BRING IT ON IS BACK ON TRACK
Lieutenant

Bring It On

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 10:58:48 AM »

The Coordinate system is a system that uses one or more numbers to uniquely determine the position of a point or other geometric element. It has no relationship with the miles of your specific area or location. But it has something to do with the distance from the origin 'the intersection of the x and y axis'. *Smiley*  *ok*
alias
Private

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 21:54:47 PM »

*Tongue* *Smiley*
But if it it a linear cartesian coordinate-system, it's easy to calculate distances between two points. The reason I'm asking, is because i need to determine the distance between a colony of my enemy and his imperium, given those two points. Basic trigonometry suggests that 1 coordinate-unit is very close to 4 miles. But if someone of the staff can verify???
 *gamer*
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 20:50:10 PM »

*Tongue* *Smiley*
But if it it a linear cartesian coordinate-system, it's easy to calculate distances between two points. The reason I'm asking, is because i need to determine the distance between a colony of my enemy and his imperium, given those two points. Basic trigonometry suggests that 1 coordinate-unit is very close to 4 miles. But if someone of the staff can verify???
 *gamer*
Its simple x =sqrt(a*a+b*b) - but you need to get map coeficient using some familiar target.  So you take some target for which you know distance. Calculate distance using cordinates and then you see how much in coordinates is 1 distance. And then you use that coeficient when calculating distance.

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
alias
Private

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 00:48:08 AM »

Thx, seems to be working like i assumed  after few calculations *ok*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: