Imperia Online International
April 16, 2024, 08:43:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battles  (Read 5125 times)
Abhishek
Private

« on: June 18, 2012, 09:14:27 AM »

hey i was wondering about the battle setup in IO...
in any attack, there is first the field battle then the fortress siege....
But i was thinking why doesnt the field battle happen near the fort....in any medival war , the battle always happens in the vicinity of fort, where the archers rain down arrows on incoming enemies...
you can see any war movies like Lord of the rings, Troy etc etc. , the field battle happens near the fort and fortress archers have some advantage...

IO is a basically attacking game, and less of a defending game....no matter how much your points is , there will be some one with 2X your points ready to bring down your fort....the above idea will atleast bring up some great defensive battles and give players who are weak a better chance to defend an attack from a 2X large player , which in a normal case would be futile to defend.
NeverGiveUp
Erin go Braugh!!
Lieutenant

Will only play for u now :(

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 14:10:13 PM »

hey i was wondering about the battle setup in IO...
in any attack, there is first the field battle then the fortress siege....
But i was thinking why doesnt the field battle happen near the fort....in any medival war , the battle always happens in the vicinity of fort, where the archers rain down arrows on incoming enemies...
you can see any war movies like Lord of the rings, Troy etc etc. , the field battle happens near the fort and fortress archers have some advantage...

IO is a basically attacking game, and less of a defending game....no matter how much your points is , there will be some one with 2X your points ready to bring down your fort....the above idea will atleast bring up some great defensive battles and give players who are weak a better chance to defend an attack from a 2X large player , which in a normal case would be futile to defend.

Agree..but dnt u think when attackers attack, they alwayz maintain distance from archer range (else it will be a bad attacking strategy *Grin*)..So if u have army in field archer/other type, they fight in field battle..and when ur army attacks fort, they come into the range of archers in fort (correct me if i am wrong)..and the same strategy is the in Troy (the attackers came in range of fortress archers so massacred *Grin* and which is a bad strategy u dnt wanna loose like that), same in LOR also *Grin*...Now u tell me what u wanna be *Grin*
Nocturnal
Private

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 05:31:06 AM »

Your provinces have not city walls, like troy or minas tirith, or helm's abyss.

LOTR is fiction. Troy is not medieval.

Historically huge defending armies can't be deployed in the middle of a city full of buildings, and if they do the attacker just has to stay outside blocking all source of food and water.
If there wasn't a big diference between both armies, none of them would risk their good position..
Big sieges often lasted months. The attacker has to feed and pay the army during the siege, and the defender needs reserves of food and water to resist as long as they can.
Then who has more resources wins the siege.
Abhishek
Private

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 20:37:09 PM »

Troy was Troy....there was never a greater city with elite archers ....and there will never be....The whole world knew that Troy achers never let their fort down.....
I was just bringing about the point that ...Defense is also an option in Warfare....and which IO lacks to the core....there will be people who will always have the potential to bring down your fort...i am not saying its bad..i am just saying it must be more difficult than its normally is..
Excesiv
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 03:24:56 AM »

Troy was Troy....there was never a greater city with elite archers ....and there will never be....The whole world knew that Troy achers never let their fort down.....
I was just bringing about the point that ...Defense is also an option in Warfare....and which IO lacks to the core....there will be people who will always have the potential to bring down your fort...i am not saying its bad..i am just saying it must be more difficult than its normally is..
Abhishek, the point of the game is not the fortification idea, or the chance of defending, or the setup of it. you're entirely truth about, I will not insist on developing a historicity of the life and war space distributions in ancient-medieval-renaissance era... but the game idea is about dramatical clashes of armies.Thats all. Imperia online is not a virtualised medival replika, its a web based multiplayer game.
NeverGiveUp
Erin go Braugh!!
Lieutenant

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 05:52:13 AM »

there will be people who will always have the potential to bring down your fort...

nope...if u play low point with high forts and archers..thrs no way people can take u out *Grin* come to classic realms and will show u what real defense means *Grin*
Excesiv
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 06:06:54 AM »

nope...if u play low point with high forts and archers..thrs no way people can take u out *Grin* come to classic realms and will show u what real defense means *Grin*
lps is out vrom v4
Excesiv
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 06:07:48 AM »

http://forum.imperiaonline.org/int/index.php?topic=706.0
NeverGiveUp
Erin go Braugh!!
Lieutenant

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 09:16:24 AM »

that posts a myth since ages, but achieving that is really pain in the a**..
Excesiv
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 09:23:06 AM »

that posts a myth since ages, but achieving that is really pain in the a**..
no, is not, is just vrom v4 v4a isnt possible no more. I mean, any lps startegy is deprecated from then.that was 4 5 yeas age, if i remember well. I played lps in v1, and was woth it, many achievments and lot of good game playing.
NeverGiveUp
Erin go Braugh!!
Lieutenant

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 12:16:03 PM »

no, is not, is just vrom v4 v4a isnt possible no more. I mean, any lps startegy is deprecated from then.that was 4 5 yeas age, if i remember well. I played lps in v1, and was woth it, many achievments and lot of good game playing.

we were alwayz at war, and i alwayz prefer killing over just sticking to any particular strategy..So i never got chance to play Low pointer..but i was a medium pointer (if any) *Grin* btw some eras i played for achievements, like 8 medals in a day *Grin*
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 12:16:53 PM by NeverGiveUp » Logged
Abhishek
Private

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 14:38:30 PM »

i know you are experienced men...and you know a lot of tactics...but it amazes me that you still say that your fort cannot be brought down....
i mean...a player with 2X your points will always have that edge....even with all your low point strategy guides(which is just so bad...as it makes you a sure shot farm for others....i have made people quit the game...who wanted to low ride in points....)
nyways coming back to topic....image the number of troops he has with almost double your points....i understand that a good defense will incur more loses than the siege if played well....but it stands firm that...your fort is perishable and please wake up from your sweet little dream of yours, coz it will shatter along with your fort...

and some one mentioned "dramatical clashes of armies"....interesting....are we watching a movie or something...
IO has planned out the war mechanics so well..with morale loss and unit adv. etc etc.. they can add a few features for better defense of our homes?...everybody knows IO is just about attacking....why are you guys so reluctant to admit it??
NeverGiveUp
Erin go Braugh!!
Lieutenant

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 05:51:44 AM »

i know you are experienced men...and you know a lot of tactics...but it amazes me that you still say that your fort cannot be brought down....
i mean...a player with 2X your points will always have that edge....even with all your low point strategy guides(which is just so bad...as it makes you a sure shot farm for others....
I aint talkin about that guide...i am talkin abt stayin low, undercover and getiing ur forts high in classic realms (not V5)...no one can touch ur fort, i guarantee that *Grin*...but thr are rules u need to follow, u get ur points high u get killed...

i have made people quit the game...who wanted to low ride in points....)
I have people quit who were double my size, which doesnt matter in this topic...I see you might be from India, if yes and u wanna play real wargame ping me *Grin*
ninke
Forum Staff

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 09:28:12 AM »

you found yourself a new game ? Guess some realms will be saver from now on then  *hihi*
NeverGiveUp
Erin go Braugh!!
Lieutenant

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 11:23:23 AM »

you found yourself a new game ? Guess some realms will be saver from now on then  *hihi*

Nadiaa..sorry to say this..but this time for sure my days in IO are over..i hv got my RL stuffs to be taken care of as first priority..lots of challenges, but then i must take some time out to talk with u guyz at least over Skype..
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: