Imperia Online International
April 18, 2024, 18:20:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: El.Archer or Hv.Swrds  (Read 4653 times)
Abhishek
Private

« on: May 18, 2012, 12:35:34 PM »

I am a Nomad
guys 1 question: i want to counter imperian phalanx....either i can make hv. swords or el. archers..
100k hv. swrds- 8.5 m wood,6.5m iron , upkeep 30k , allows cav to spread to flanks, 2 times effective against spears...
100k el archers- 65 m wood, 3.5 m iron,upkeep 24k, 3 times effective against spears, kills swrds , helps in fortress siege and defense....
whom should i go with.....my plan was to build only cat. archer and cavs...but it doesnt seem to be working now...

*sos*
Islamicaliphate
Private

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 16:01:22 PM »

I Didn't Understand What You Are Saying ...
Please Choose a better translating tool *Smiley*
KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 16:05:45 PM »

interesting,cause he wrote in pretty much fluent english *Smiley*

I am a Nomad
guys 1 question: i want to counter imperian phalanx....either i can make hv. swords or el. archers..
100k hv. swrds- 8.5 m wood,6.5m iron , upkeep 30k , allows cav to spread to flanks, 2 times effective against spears...
100k el archers- 65 m wood, 3.5 m iron,upkeep 24k, 3 times effective against spears, kills swrds , helps in fortress siege and defense....
whom should i go with.....my plan was to build only cat. archer and cavs...but it doesnt seem to be working now...

*sos*
You should have all types of units,and preferrably most heavy spears,they die the most but they're really useful *Smiley* Regarding your problem i suggest el. archers they're more efficient,but even if you only have elite archers and cat. archers and cataphrats anyone with good army composition can beat you *rose*
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 16:28:50 PM by KoSaC » Logged

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer. *bear*
Nocturnal
Private

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 17:27:53 PM »

Archers are the solution.

Do the enemy have paladins on flanks? if he doesn't, you can put on your flanks some cavalry archers (normal not elite), they are cheap fast and they can destroy the phalanx not only when firing arrows, if you have a center which can stand enough turns you will see how hard your cavarch hit.

Cat archers are shit. Trust me, they are shit ALWAYS
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 18:44:25 PM by Nocturnal » Logged
cataclysm
Private

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 18:52:50 PM »

Lol , he even used shortcuts  ... translators doesn't use that :-)))))
NeverGiveUp
Erin go Braugh!!
Lieutenant

Will only play for u now :(

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 16:41:02 PM »

elite archers + Cataphracts...but in case enemy has 100k+ phalanx better put some H Swords to counter phalanx..
Abhishek
Private

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 17:11:01 PM »

hmmmm thanks for the inputs....
@Nocturnal- i guess u are saying Cat. archers are shit coz they dont have charge bonus...but they do kill the phalanx good...nyways i too dont make lots of cat. archers.....coz if u dont have a unit with special feature..its waste...
 i will go 70% arch and 30% swrds....coz i really really want my cavs to shift to the flanks....
and the thing about normal cav archers...i will never get....coz this is my first time here...and if sumone can tell me how they are superb(except for pillaging)...i really dont know why i should make them...
Nocturnal
Private

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 04:58:39 AM »

A normal nomad relys his army power on a great quantity of Cataphracts.
Assuming that the nomad is attacking, the main problem of fighting an imperian who masses phalanx, is to beat his center.

Here is a simulation that proves the strength of a defensive imperian:

Attacker
Strong center morale 140
350k cataphacts
100k cataphract archers
Value: 607.5k

VS

Defender
Morale 100
350k phalanx
100k light spearman
Value: 160k

Value is the gold upkeep of the army, is a way to compare the resources invested in an army and its strength. Tecnologies on equal level. Terrain Neutral

As you can see, the imperian center wins the battle because it doesn't fall, and the nomad flees. The cataphract archers destroy the flanks, but as you can see they do nothing against phalanx on melee form.

If you replace cat archers for cav archers on the simulation, you can see the difference: they hit hard the back of the center, though they are cheaper.

The cav archer is an alternative to destroy someone who masses phalanx (no paladins on flanks), without losing army speed.
Nocturnal
Private

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 05:03:20 AM »

Spanish is my native language, I have been writing a blog about all this combat tactics, how to beat a type of army and more.

But the spanish and latinamerican community is not big enough to make my blog profitable. And I was guessing if I should translate it to get more people.

Anyway, here is the link, maybe google traductor could help you with that:
http://tacticasimperiav5.blogspot.com.ar/
NeverGiveUp
Erin go Braugh!!
Lieutenant

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 08:08:00 AM »

Assuming that the nomad is attacking, the main problem of fighting an imperian who masses phalanx, is to beat his center.

Attacker
Strong center morale 140
350k cataphacts
100k cataphract archers

VS

Defender
Morale 100
350k phalanx
100k light spearman

Value is the gold upkeep of the army, is a way to compare the resources invested in an army and its strength. Tecnologies on equal level. Terrain Neutral

As you can see, the imperian center wins the battle because it doesn't fall, and the nomad flees. The cataphract archers destroy the flanks, but as you can see they do nothing against phalanx on melee form.

If you replace cat archers for cav archers on the simulation, you can see the difference: they hit hard the back of the center, though they are cheaper.

The cav archer is an alternative to destroy someone who masses phalanx (no paladins on flanks), without losing army speed.

u dnt need cav archers..just put some elite archers...and FYI these all calculation doesnt really matter once u start killing someone, just go with ur instinct *Grin*
Abhishek
Private

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 12:43:35 PM »

Attacker
Strong center morale 140
350k cataphacts
100k cataphract archers

VS

Defender
Morale 100
350k phalanx
100k light spearman

i don knw what you meant....but when i run the simulator the nomads easily crush the imperians....they dont flee.... *hmm*
NeverGiveUp
Erin go Braugh!!
Lieutenant

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 15:18:57 PM »

i don knw what you meant....but when i run the simulator the nomads easily crush the imperians....they dont flee.... *hmm*

dude 350k cataphracts are too much for 350k Phalanx...When we had paladins, u can kill a paladin with 3 phalanx (1:3 ratio)..that way u calculate..
Nocturnal
Private

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 17:38:44 PM »

Right guys, I forgot that now the quantity bonus is capped to extra 100%, I have to adjust that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: