Imperia Online International
April 29, 2024, 19:00:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: violence in videogames  (Read 17621 times)
Revelation
Major

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2008, 16:51:56 PM »

I think we need to talk about death.  *Grin*

Since it will come no matter what we do.  *Grin*

We are only humans, not immortals.  *Grin*

IGNORANCE OF THE LAW EXCUSES NO ONE. (I hate myself for being ignorant)
mjez
High Warlord
Captain

Gladiator

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2008, 17:53:01 PM »

lol ofcourse everybody knows that...

but we've been talking about it in this thread for far too long IMO...
well since it is covered by the topic, maybe we cant avoid bringing up death because emotionally stressed/disturbed players who love to play violent games just Snaps one day and end up making the game real...
We cant always blame them or the Games they play, especially the Creators of certain games.
It's for entertainment. its considered one of the foundations of the gaming industry and it will always remain as it is and will always evolve as the Players evolve as well. it is how the guardians of the player regulate his not only his playing time but how they teach & support Youngsters in their daily lives.....

Guardians Live by the Sword
Rake
Private

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2008, 19:13:34 PM »

the point is not if someone can kill others with a pencil. I can kill with my bare hands. the point is, no one will enter in a school armed with a pencil and kill 17 students and 3 teachers and take 50 hostages. understand it? its easy to control someone armed with a pencil or even an axe. its quite harder to control person with a gun!

but if you desagree, then please, tell me why are such a difference in murdering numbers in countries like USA and Canada? IMO the main difference is that in Canada guns are not allowed and its not so easy to find a gun! ppl feel stronger behind a gun, and will try to do things that other way would not have the corage to do.

and we can be imortal indeed. some day we wont die no more. its just a question of time till then.

On the winners side!
mjez
High Warlord
Captain

Gladiator

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2008, 19:31:13 PM »

we can be imortal indeed. some day we wont die no more. its just a question of time till then.

if that day will come, then we dont have to worry about many things... we dont have to worry bout food since we wont die of hunger. no hunger means the end of poverty. no poverty means no more crimes. no crimes, no murders... no more murders since no one will die whatever harm is inflicted on others... no more wars since it will be waste of ammunition, both sides trying to kill each other while the only thing that will be destroyed is the environment which they have landed war on. & since poverty is gone, why would anyone have issues against other people? our world just became perfect... so everyone will become perfect.....where everyone would just wage war in Games like IO and stuff.

and what a world would that be... Peace & Harmony.....

But Yeah, the question is, how many centuries would have to come? would it be when there's no more world where we stand now?
then its useless *sad*

Rake
Private

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2008, 23:05:25 PM »

if that day will come, then we dont have to worry about many things... we dont have to worry bout food since we wont die of hunger. no hunger means the end of poverty. no poverty means no more crimes. no crimes, no murders... no more murders since no one will die whatever harm is inflicted on others... no more wars since it will be waste of ammunition, both sides trying to kill each other while the only thing that will be destroyed is the environment which they have landed war on. & since poverty is gone, why would anyone have issues against other people? our world just became perfect... so everyone will become perfect.....where everyone would just wage war in Games like IO and stuff.

and what a world would that be... Peace & Harmony.....

But Yeah, the question is, how many centuries would have to come? would it be when there's no more world where we stand now?
then its useless *sad*
ok let me rephrase it... cant be imortal, you can just live forever if you take good care of your body. actually  there are living being that live up to 7000 years... and not all murders are cause of poverty. actually, I doubt serial killers need money or money is there motivation.

On the winners side!
mjez
High Warlord
Captain

Gladiator

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2008, 23:28:55 PM »

ok i got it...
i thought you were implying that we will be immortal. if we did get immortal, there everything will be so perfect that's what im pointing out. and if ever we were immortals, there wont be any pyschoes around since everybody wont have any problems with their minds or emotions. its like the world became heaven *Smiley*

Rake
Private

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2008, 23:46:24 PM »

thats not thruth... it would a very bad world... babies couldnt exist, or soon over population wpuld be a problem. also, love problems... may be no one would fought for food, but may be some would fight for their beloved one. others would fight for someone they couldnt have...

On the winners side!
mjez
High Warlord
Captain

Gladiator

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2008, 00:25:38 AM »

oh well looks like there's more to be considered in immortality than just deaths and i dont want to widen that fact because we will go way off topic and it would take ages for us to analyze what would & would not happen incase immortality is in reach  *crazy*

Rake
Private

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2008, 01:57:36 AM »

lets start a topic then... shall we?

On the winners side!
bolin
YoUr MoThEr!
Sergeant

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2008, 22:21:40 PM »

thats not thruth... it would a very bad world... babies couldnt exist, or soon over population wpuld be a problem. also, love problems... may be no one would fought for food, but may be some would fight for their beloved one. others would fight for someone they couldnt have...

there would be no overpopulation we could go floating to mars and then to jupiter, then to andromeda, etc.

DaMoGLiMaN, MaTaNdOlOs
Rake
Private

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2008, 02:11:22 AM »

there is no air on space, temperatures are bellow 0 ºC you would be killed by radiation, theres no food on mars, no oxigen, gravity would kill you in jupiter, its -180 ºC there... think before talk!

On the winners side!
bolin
YoUr MoThEr!
Sergeant

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2008, 03:49:58 AM »

are you stupid! *bravo*remember we are immortal.

DaMoGLiMaN, MaTaNdOlOs
Rake
Private

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2008, 04:12:09 AM »

you know... you are not very smart... to understand immortality, you have to know why you die. and you dont seem to know that! so, cultivate your self and come back later!

On the winners side!
bolin
YoUr MoThEr!
Sergeant

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2008, 04:41:50 AM »

So, could I tell myself, I know im going to die from a shot in the head, then, shoot me, and like that im going to achieve immortality, wait, let me search for my gun, when i come back, ill be immortal. *Tongue*

DaMoGLiMaN, MaTaNdOlOs
Rake
Private

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2008, 05:09:20 AM »

ahaha you are the greatest idiot I have ever seen...  *pardon* you cant understand things dont you? well, stop spamming... this is serious discussion area.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 05:15:52 AM by Rake » Logged

On the winners side!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: