Imperia Online International
April 19, 2024, 02:01:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanksgiving Holiday in the U.S.  (Read 9214 times)
luquillo1958
Private

« on: November 22, 2011, 02:28:50 AM »

I assume that IO will not shut down for the U.S. Thanksgiving Holiday however; What days will IO shut down in December?  One suggestion would be to give U.S. players  a free 48 hour vacation mode for this day and if not used then players are are active and can be attacked.
alander
Sergeant

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 21:59:48 PM »

add "sinterklaas" to that to, 5th of December till 6 December *freak*
you can't hardly be serious with your request, every Country has different holidays *TEASE*...
...wait! what am I doing here *PUNISH*... OO that's right, this is the only place from IO that I did not get banned from... not yet... *SEARCH* nope I think I'm save here.

nice smileys btw.

article 19 of the universal declaration of human rights.

Personal forum-ban count: 11. Edited after a 2 YEAR ban.

Good to be back with more scandal information.
luquillo1958
Private

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 20:52:30 PM »

add "sinterklaas" to that to, 5th of December till 6 December *freak*
you can't hardly be serious with your request, every Country has different holidays *TEASE*...
...wait! what am I doing here *PUNISH*... OO that's right, this is the only place from IO that I did not get banned from... not yet... *SEARCH* nope I think I'm save here.

nice smileys btw.

They did allow Turkish players to use free vacation mode during this month for one of their holidays!  Then again the realm was down for repair for two days so this was sufficient.
Johnnie
Trusted Member

And all that could have been

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 16:35:19 PM »

luquillo1958,
If we decide to announce any holiday protection, we will post it as news. *Smiley*
The same applies to the days that will be non-working for the IO team - we will announce it duly.

Johnnie
Greek Community Manager

Ελληνική Fan Page
Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 18:21:59 PM »

They did allow Turkish players to use free vacation mode during this month for one of their holidays!  Then again the realm was down for repair for two days so this was sufficient.

there are many more turkish than US players at IO. That's a strong motivation for doing so.
more importantly, it was a religious holiday shared by many muslim communities in south-east europe, as well as around the mediterranean basin.

on the other hand, Thanksgiving is mostly a US holiday, and not necessarily religious.
Xmas or Easters are much more justified, since they'll be shared by many christian countries for example.

but you could still use the vacation mode with the free daily diamonds bonus.

Have fun,

Deus populusque
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: