Imperia Online International
March 29, 2024, 16:02:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: About complaining  (Read 1001 times)
nekodrugi
Major

« on: May 11, 2011, 23:44:54 PM »

Since topic is closed i want to say something openly.

Most of the time admins take our "comments" as complaining instead of "suggesting".

We also "complain" that population limit in nomads is set too low. Initial answer was no way but months afterwards (a bit too late for early birds of r82) they gave us higher population. God knows what made them change their mind because i know we were barking to the moon for too long with no result.

We complain about research time and IO reduce research for centralization. We also complain about many other things that were fixed. Sometime it took loooong time for IO to accept that and sometime it was straight forward.

Point of this message is that, even tough i really respect yovanna and i think she is one of better admins, she is also more and more defensive instead of open for suggestions.

I understand that IO is bombarded with rock bottom stupid questions/requests/complaints on daily bases but they should not dismiss almost every of our comments as complaining.

Not to make this post too long i would give you 3 classic examples of what we very experienced players that play IO for years, complain of (and so far i saw or heard no experienced player saying he like those changes)

1. What IO did with honor is hurting game. Fighting is not profitable and THIS IS the war game (or should be)

2. What IO did with "caps" on some critical researches such as armor and/or attack also effectively killed depth of the game. Killed strategy. Now all of us maxed army and sell iron dirty cheap + its too easy to do battle simulation when I KNOW my enemy research levels. No strategy, no surprises.

3. Issue with spying and IO not being willing/able to explain is very annoying. EVERYTHING in this game is explained and can be explained if you ask but spying is secret!!!

We don't complain because we are (with all due respect to them) 13 year old puberts and have no other thing in world to do than because we, for some damn stupid reasons, like this game and want to take your attention on things that are wrong in game.

But keep on saying to "us that care" things such as

Quote from: yovanna
Long time ago I stopped even wondering about reactions, no surprise there... just complaints.

+2 Honor - deal with it. Valuable experienced players are supposed to be able to deal with everything.

And you would sooner or later end up with 13 year old puberts complaining.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 23:48:29 PM by nekodrugi » Logged
sheridon
Captain

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 00:58:55 AM »

*ok* *ok* *ok*
yovanna
Community Manager

Não vale a pena ser relógio!

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 09:55:57 AM »

Of course I am defensive. My job is to defend what my company does no matter what it is (mostly because it is always reasonable and logical although no one else except us sees it at first)  and be players' voice, making my way on good suggestions. A thing you know well, because as you've pointed out many of your suggestions had been actually implemented. Game design is not an instant impulsive process, it requires time - time for suggestions to get more reasonable, time for details to pop up and make decisions easier. A thing you know as well because you are not in this game for a week or two. Am I right? That's why I classify some of your suggestions as compaints - you know perfectly well I understand all your motives, you know perfectly well suggestions aren't instatly implemented because game design is all about time and experiece, and yet you insist. Be patient, Neko, that's the unique correct formula.

I'm locking the topic, it doesn't need spam or off topic comments. If someone would like to write something serious, contact me via pm, I will unlock it. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: