Imperia Online International
March 19, 2024, 13:47:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: why did you close topic about RAPTOR 2 ???????????  (Read 30270 times)
nugo
Private

« on: May 03, 2011, 22:18:51 PM »

DEAR TIGER ,

RAPTOR 2 was THE BEST player in this game and it is  really interesting was he cheating or not. He gave his explanation, but your answer ".......But 161 or 200 is to much", is not really explanation. so IO team be so kind when you remove such player give a proove of it.

kind regards
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 22:51:05 PM »

He got answer in mail from admin. Thats why topic is locked.

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
Furious3
Private

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 23:57:23 PM »

I am raptor2. This was the answer that Krum give me after i explained to him my first part of my strategy.  I do not want to write here all my strategy. But if necessary i will.

Hi,

if you only had the Architecture and University I could have agreed to an extent that it is possible in a fair way. But since you got everything else as well there is no way I can agree. The University's price and building time were increased so much 2 years ago. The bonus for occupying Researcher position in scientist was nerfed from 50% down to 20%, people weren't able to achieve what you achieved when the conditions were far more allowing, at times where you didn't lose a part of your income to alliance taxes. And yet despite all the extra obstacles that were introduced you perform better than all that have tried this before. I saw your excel tables. Speaking frankly I didn't understand a thing from them - first because they are in language I have only superficial knowledge of and second because I have no clue of the logic you applied when creating and arranging them. But I have my own tables and I can calculate myself how long does it take to get to these high levels expecially when its not the only thing you've constructed or researched. I am very sorry but the account will remain locked. I only hope you do not have any connections to a certain player that attempted the same thing and is known as one of the biggest cheaters in the game.

Best regards,
Krum, IO Support

So Krum said that he has not probe of any cheat of my part, but that he can not believe i could do what none players could do before when the scientist position give 50% research advantage and there was not alliance tax. Kstokic, the Leader of Federation knows that each time i want to ally federation i asked him to take down the alliance tax system.  And Emporium the alliance where i am right now, down the alliance tax to 15% because i asked.

This Krum sentece said every thing. This is the probe that IO manager (Krum) gives of my cheating:

....people weren't able to achieve what you achieved when the conditions were far more allowing, at times where you didn't lose a part of your income to alliance taxes....

Krum my friend this is the nature of all human being. From time to time one of us can do what other never could, so is how we get better each day.  

But to find someone guilty you need probes.  Well at least that is my Country Costa Rica.

Best Regards
Raptor2
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 18:18:07 PM by Furious3 » Logged
sheridon
Captain

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 01:34:48 AM »

give us your formula man, send it to me in a message. dont worry about krum he is always like that, he will never say that he made a wrong ban so they give any excuse that sounds plausible. forget that account and build a new one, but show us how to do, lets see if they ban everyone  *gamer*
fragmaster
Forum Staff

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 02:16:48 AM »

If u had broken build order - order that has unnatural difficulty curve with extraordinary payoff ,it was up to u to report it,not to exploit it over and over.Exploit of broken build instead of reporting it is cheating.If u ,for example find out that level 27 barracks makes soldiers that dont have upkeep,and u just play ignorant about it ,thinking that barracks level 27 are soo good that soldiers want to fight for free - ur wrong.U can always make up reason that something is not broken - even be convinced in it ,thats defensive mechanism of rationalization : u will rather accept explanation that makes u smart and best in game,rather than admitting its game flaw that needs to be patched.Winning a marathon using hidden shortcut that shortens path for 20km is not true winning.True winning is when u send mail about broken university to them before they ban u,and win era by defeating top enemies with conventional sources.
Strategy games are patched from time to time for this very reason.To find good balance and to maximize enjoyment of decisions.IO team is not obligated to give u proof.If it was other way around - u reporting it first,they patch loophole ,and then u lose account - well i wouldnt really know if its justified.

Ill tell u a story from IH game : some time ago there was abuse with recipes - something that for those who knew it was good,and for those who didnt was discriminating and hard.I was one of guys who knew it.And u can convince urself it was not cheating bla bla bla,actually its very similar thing as this one.i reported that thing on forum as soon as i found out about it,but unfortunately one crooked moderator deleted it same day,and ppl who were supposed to see it ,didnt see it on time .A lot of confusion about who deleted it in that time made me not to press the issue again - yet again i was happy that it wasnt permanently deleted - only in trash bin ,cleaning my name later.Anyway my account there was punished ,and now when i can be objective about it - i consider it was right decision by admins.We were disrupting balance of game itself ,regardless of some manual lines that could justify our actions.It was an exploit - there is no other euphemism needed for it ,because we could (we who knew about recipes,it turned out that many didnt ) earn much more gold from making better items.  So whats the moral of this story - i am one of curious players,and curious players find broken things - but right thing to do is to report it.And anything but reporting and stopping abusing as soon as u discover it is - cheating

sheridon
Captain

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 03:12:16 AM »

i say... find, use and abuse... you still lose the accont *hihi*
Furious3
Private

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 04:33:40 AM »

I understand you point fragmaster.  And you are right it is not a fair playing a game specially on the internet if you find a way to do things easy that your enemies. But i did not find any short way to make high universities.  They just take a very long time to be made, and they take too much resources to be done.  There are not short ways. You have to get a lot of resources and you have to protect all those resources.  But there are different ways to protect resources from enemies.  One is to sell every thing on market when you are not online and other is like i did during like 5 months: I used diplomacy.  The strategy that i follow took 300 days to be made, and you most be online all time 18 hours during 300 days and you must hit 10 gold mines each 3 hours at least.

And you can not have every thing....you can not have universities, and other technolgies and a huge army and many battles.  Because huge armies cost a lot of gold and big battles take a lot of resources even if you win the battle you loss many soldiers and you have to decrease your populations to balance once more your army.  If you see my big battles, I just make them in the first 4 month on the realm.  None battle after the 4 months.  Just some attacks to my bases but none to my main army.
fragmaster
Forum Staff

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 05:18:13 AM »

Time was supposed to be unbeatable barrier for infinte/large universities.Thats why first patch was to make it extremely long (after initial mistake to transfer university from researches to buildings,unlocking very big time pool - multiple provinces and constructive hours ).So plan was to make time a bottleneck of university progress,in such matter that everyone end up with maximum 30tish-40tish level .Reason for that is that ppl before that patch were able to invest their all resources in researches - making realms dead farming race.So i bet u did attack coins alot to stuggle,but again ,u bypassed patched thing - time as limiting factor.

In my opinion market hide is also broken thing - such grow bypass didnt exist in v4 or earlier.But as im not aware of reasons why is it surviving so long - i can only speculate why.So market dump is surviving so long since begining of v4a,currently there are some limitations to it in v5 ,and market level dependencies,but its better.It helps populating game with some more casual players,who dont want to go through hell.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 05:23:46 AM by fragmaster » Logged

fragmaster
Forum Staff

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 05:51:09 AM »

So after all ,i think it is possible to do it ,but thing is that u were abusing non-raising price of 40+ levels. Heres the thing .Most researches use famous "formula 1" . by that formula x[n+1]=x[n]*F[n] ,where F[0]=1.96 and F[n+1]=F[n]*0.98 ,and x[0] being base price of research.This basicly means that every price almost doubles,near begining,and has some slowing effect from 0.98 factor.Problem with that was that after n=34 ,factor F[n] becomes less than 1 ,making things cheaper.To fix this initially (origin from space game where guy had univeristy 6000) ,developers changed x[n+1]=x[n] ,if n>40 ,to fix it.You just proved that this was not strong enaugh discourage for those 40+ levels,and that they need price and time to keep rising.So i dont think that u really needed to make classic cheating (like resource pushing) to do this,but still u were heavily abusing something that wasnt supposed to be reached. It reminds me of Quake 3 map where u have "ur not supposed to be here " graffiti and u can reach it only if u change gravity cvar. So result of this will be probably just developers fixing problem right this time,with some discouraging formula for n>40,and end this saga of univ breaking over and over again all these years.What will be decision of IO team,will they unlock ur account - i dont know.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 06:21:45 AM by fragmaster » Logged

Furious3
Private

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 06:48:45 AM »

Remember that each time you make a new architecture level you decrease the price of any building i believe by 2%.  In my opinion, it is not wrong that each new architecture level gets down bulding price.  In Imperia Online game, each player takes a decision of what strategy to follow.  If you decide to increase your attack research that will have a huge effect in battle.  Especially if you make the optimal army combination.  If you decide to increase your military medicine you will loss less soldiers in battle.

In my opinion Imperia Online is very well done game.  And players dream always in finding a strategy that give them benefits over their enemies.  That is one of the main reasons that players love and keep them playing the game. You see man, i am a game addicted. I play many games.  And one of the things that player like more about games is to find out many different posibilities, things that they did not know were possible.

But i believe that IO game has to be improved to be more aggressive.  The capitulation issue is a problem. Not to eliminate it but to limite it.  The long distance is another weak point.  Too far distances....cartography technology should be improved to have more fun. One of the reason why i make so many universities was because not body attack me or they attack me too little.  So, it was not Raptor that make the mistake it was my enemies that did not did well their job. HE he....

Instead of changing the university building time, why not make the game more aggresive.  Lets say, that each time a player kill 300.000 enemies he gets 1+ attack advantage.  And each time that a player resist and make a good defense attacks and kill 300.000 enemy units he get 1+ defense o so.  In that way players will rather go for good attacks instead of building many universities.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 19:56:27 PM by Furious3 » Logged
nugo
Private

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 10:21:34 AM »

To IO team,

can you tell us officially that reaching the level which did raptor2 is technically impossible without cheating.

unfortunately from the answer of Krum it is clear that raptor2 account was closed without checking it carefuly and providing any prooves.

it leaves a feeling of unfearness.
nugo
Private

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 06:47:47 AM »

unfortunately there is no answer from IO team to my qestion. it means that  thay dont have answer OR  they are ignoring my qestion. today I will open a new topic. maybe they will answer in new topic.
pobeditel1
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2011, 18:19:29 PM »

Nugo you very much aware of the game raport2?
You know how it is done UNIVERSITY 161?
Do you know what level architecture there?
And how long did not alter the architecture?
And if does not change the architecture ........ why not change it 
I'm sure you know .......... But you will not share 

P.P Have you heard one of our saying ......... ''do not eat tomatoes with sticks''  *rose* *friends* *bear*
Furious3
Private

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 19:39:02 PM »

Dear Sheridon, my friend...there is not secret formula (or well i do not know about it) to make that high university level.  To make so many universites you need to plan all your strategy at the begining of the game.  Second, You need to kill first any close enemy, in that way you free the way to concentrated later on game.  Besides if you kill your close enemies like i did, many of them leave game and so they will become gold mines. 

To build up so many universites you will need a lot of resources. And if you got many gold mines close to you them that will be easy to collect gold.   That was whay i did... for that my names was Raptor2....because i attacked or rapped my enemies first.  Later, when game was like 4 moth old none enemy on the realm had the army that i had....but when you got not any close enemy... then you do not need to have a big army.  So i started to concentrated in production.  Tips ONE.
sheridon
Captain

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 22:08:25 PM »

good strategy, tip 1 at least, i`ll do it too and see if i get banned for good gameplay *hihi*
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: