Imperia Online International
April 20, 2024, 16:17:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Market Rules - Posting offer higher than the lowest market price  (Read 7578 times)
Hurricane
Sergeant

Nemo me impune lacessit.

« on: April 07, 2011, 01:39:28 AM »

I DONT GET IT.  Game admins PROHIBIT players from selling resources at a price 2x higher than the lowest posted market price BUT they ALLOW cheaters to post offers to sell resources at a price more than half of the current selling prices.   

Recently, I tried posting an offer in the market for my stones at 2.7 when the market offer was at 1.3 and I received this message "The price of the offer must be at most 2 times higher than the current lowest price at the market".   I do not know if this is an OLD RULE which I just discovered (plaing IO for more than a year now) or a NEW RULE.  But OLD RULE or NEW RULE, what the heck.  I can not find the logic of prohibiting players from posting a market offer of 2x higher than the lowest market price.  If that player WANTS TO HIDE HIS resources in the market for 48 hours for a market commission fee of 10% of the posted price, let him have it.   

If Game Admins really want to police/regulate the use of the market, they MUST LOOK INTO players selling resources at INCREDIBLY SHOCKING LOWERED PRICES compared to the market.   Just a couple of days at Realm 9,  SOMEBODY posted an OFFER OF 2.4 FOR IRON when the lowest posted price for that iron was at 4.45.  When Average Daily Selling Price pegged at 4.2 (this is the average),  I could not RECONCILE THE IDEA that a Player will sell iron at 2.4, perhaps 3.4 to 3.7 (considering the selling prices pattern) when he is really in dire need of gold.

Perhaps, you make a New Rule.   Selling Prices should not be less than 25% (or even lower up to 20%) of the lowest market price.   For Example, if Iron sells at 4, no player can post an offer of less than 3.

In the Warrior's Code - There's No Surrender
Krum
Community Manager

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 14:34:41 PM »

There are many mechanisms to the market that regulate it. This is just one of them. The main idea behind it is bigger and meant to stay secret but it also prevents hiding resources on market with total safety and destroying accounts by selling their resources for 99.
Hurricane
Sergeant

Nemo me impune lacessit.

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 15:59:50 PM »

Yes Krum, there are many mechanism in the market that regulate it.   So how about one more to prevent cheaters from selling resources at extremely low price.   That is what I am driving at and I suggested something that could reduce that by setting a floor price in sales price like what you did by putting a ceiling price in the sales price

Hurricane
Sergeant

Nemo me impune lacessit.

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 23:43:01 PM »

A few Seconds ago, somebody posted an offer for iron at 2.15, I tried buying it but when I click the trade button it was already sold out. The remaining offer is at 4.3.  Crazy offer

Hurricane
Sergeant

Nemo me impune lacessit.

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 01:12:25 AM »

Iron being sold at 2 gold.. wow after a few seconds back to the regular price at 4.. Tried buying it and after 5 attempts, I manage to buy 240 iron, probably whats left in the lot

Hurricane
Sergeant

Nemo me impune lacessit.

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 01:21:36 AM »

Now this is what I hates Most, another post for iron at 1 gold a piece.. And tried buying all the iron I could get for my 1M gold in one of my province thinking that I will get 1 MILLION IRON... HA HA HA HA LOOK AT WHAT i GOT "Not enough gold to buy this offer.  You successfully bought 248849 Iron For 1009396 Gold."    i PURCHASED MY iRON AT 4:05 WOW, NO AMOUNT OF PREMIUM USER SPECILLY DESIGNED BUTTONS COULD MATCH THE SPEED OF PLAYERS WHO KNEW BEFORE HAND THAT IRON WILL BE SOLD AT 1 GOLD IN 30 MIN OR LESS  *bravo* *bravo* *bravo*

Hurricane
Sergeant

Nemo me impune lacessit.

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 00:29:40 AM »

iron at 0.28, any buyers  *hahaha* *hahaha* *hahaha*

Lorac
Forum Staff

We only said goodbye with words I died 100 times ♫

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 07:24:07 AM »

lol a monologue  *hihi*