Imperia Online International
April 28, 2024, 01:50:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nomads Vs imperian  (Read 8063 times)
numpty
Forum Staff

The real bggest loser!!!!

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 22:47:06 PM »

This discusion is really silly guys.

most of my posts are silly, stupid and dumb, doesnt mean im not right *hahaha* *hahaha* *hahaha*

Quote from: Star Blade
link=topic=24869.msg201752#msg201752 date=1294989839
So Numpty I think we will not need to wait till end of era - I think in about 1,5 month it should be clearer *rose*

likely wont be playing due to RL issues, nonetheless, i continue to believe a nomad will win r82 and that you will know only at the end,...

To whom is may concern, to all unhappy, disappointed, permanently complaining people:
You are not obliged to pay, neither you're obliged to play this game at all. You pay, you make your choice.
nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2011, 04:12:27 AM »

For all non believers please do this.

Do battle calculation. Put same research levels but make attacker nomad so no phalanx - you make heavy spears, no guardians - you make heavy swords. Put 10k of every unit and 700 trebs 1000 balistae. Moral of nomad is 110

On another side make SAME army but elite only.

Also defender should have boxed mountain and F8 with low fortification lvl 12 moat 12, towers 12. Put in fort 15k archers, 100 trebs and 48 ballistae.

Do battle calculation with default formation and than start adding army to attacker to see HOW MUCH more he would need to win the battle.

Than if you think we speak out of our head calculate how much it cost to build that army. And than think who have better economy, faster researches.

That is the future of nomads.

Ahhh yes, in my calculation nomad had to have around DOUBLE army than what i told you to put and he is winning with 34 moral AND since this IS generic calculation i didnt calculate that imperians would/should have higher research levels.
Sheremetev
Private

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2011, 12:03:04 PM »

The problem lies in what is to come: the wars of attrition. Numpty knows quite well the end-game scenario you guys will have.
VICTORY CONDITION: Control 3/4 of the realm under castle influence. So- you must control and develop the castles.
In late game, economies are really strong and almost everything comes down to one simple thing: population. This is where imperians have the advantage. Even if one imperian soldier was equal to only 2 nomad ones, a nomad wouldn't hold out against an imperian for long. Imagine that: 250K imperian province against 200K nomad one. If an imperian "loses" 60K people (training), will a nomad be able to answer with 120K people? Then it will be 190K against 80K. You will say- what if the nomad is clever and mobilises 12K people from 10 provincec? Ok, the imperian can do the same and will still have an advantage. Only smaller. And only if the imperian doesn't decide to make a bigger army (60K people are nothing for a player, if everybody has 10 provinces!). What if the Imperian decides to mobilize 60K of every province? What does the nomad do next?

But why does a nomad have to fight against imperians at all? Well, if he wants his alliance to win the realm, he has to. An alliance castle is guarded by armies, sent from all alliance members. But it can be attacked by the army of another castle. If this happens 8 times (lets say everytime both sides are equal)  I doubt any nomad member will be able to train army for the nineth castle battle...

crass
Captain

Power corrupts,Absolute power corrupts ABSOLUTELY

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2011, 12:23:40 PM »

with respect to alliance castles and the endgame how do federations fit in if at all?  do federations share alliance castles or are members of a federation all individually get alliance castles? and if most of realm is controlled by 2 separate alliances in a federation does that federation then have to dissolve and those 2 alliances fight amongst themselves?

Kopator
Captain

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2011, 17:32:22 PM »

It really depends on concept of Author.

You mean God ? aka krum
 *freak*

Hail to the Spam King *KING*
maeof
Back in Business.
Translators

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2011, 18:28:25 PM »

You mean God ? aka krum
 *freak*

This one killed me  *hihi*

by Koramae.
fasistas
Private

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2011, 19:06:04 PM »

The Imperian winner in all types of attack recovers 30% of his army losses. And the defeated one – 15%.
The Nomad winner in all types of attack recovers 40% of his army losses. And the defeated one – 25%.

Btw: Whats max level of military medicine?
steveempire
Lieutenant

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2011, 22:16:15 PM »

Do battle calculation. Put same research levels but make attacker nomad so no phalanx - you make heavy spears, no guardians - you make heavy swords. Put 10k of every unit and 700 trebs 1000 balistae. Moral of nomad is 110
On another side make SAME army but elite only.
Also defender should have boxed mountain and F8 with low fortification lvl 12 moat 12, towers 12. Put in fort 15k archers, 100 trebs and 48 ballistae.
Do battle calculation with default formation and than start adding army to attacker to see HOW MUCH more he would need to win the battle.
Than if you think we speak out of our head calculate how much it cost to build that army. And than think who have better economy, faster researches.
That is the future of nomads.
Ahhh yes, in my calculation nomad had to have around DOUBLE army than what i told you to put and he is winning with 34 moral AND since this IS generic calculation i didnt calculate that imperians would/should have higher research levels.

I picked nomads as everyone walks really fast, so I can attack an army infront of a fort 8, then get home and kill the castle later.  Better yet, I have friends who can multi attack with me and really wreck his day with many multiple attacks.  Most smart players send army away when offline, so fort 8 is sitting there alone... then it can be taken.  I think we talked about honor earlier and yes, nomads have much honor, so bonus morale time to kill what army is in front.  Strategy and luck is everything in this game.  So, I am not really convinced about being Imperian being better... Imperian has to walk all the way over to me...meanwhile I can pillage 4 times with no siege while his army is out...If Imperian gets no money, then he just wasted a ton of resources to get killed.  Player and player style is key.
Sheremetev
Private

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2011, 22:25:24 PM »

Yeah... that is why I mentioned victory conditions. You don't have 2-year experience from similar system, released, tested and balanced out in another product of IO team? Because some of us do. Castles are the thing that leaves you out of choice. If it is player vs player- fight or run is your call. But, if you (as an alliance) want to win the realm, you stay and fight. And hope you are better prepared. Or you lose the castle, have to conquer it (or another one), regroup the alliance army there, develop it, hold it... And you are way back from winning the era than a day ago. This is what makes attrition wars imminent. And nomads stand no chance there.*

*Assuming the whole realm has atleast 20 people, who know how to play.

nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2011, 22:49:49 PM »

Yeah... that is why I mentioned victory conditions. You don't have 2-year experience from similar system, released, tested and balanced out in another product of IO team? Because some of us do. Castles are the thing that leaves you out of choice. If it is player vs player- fight or run is your call. But, if you (as an alliance) want to win the realm, you stay and fight. And hope you are better prepared. Or you lose the castle, have to conquer it (or another one), regroup the alliance army there, develop it, hold it... And you are way back from winning the era than a day ago. This is what makes attrition wars imminent. And nomads stand no chance there.*

*Assuming the whole realm has atleast 20 people, who know how to play.

I agree with your last sentence but i must say, as it is right now i have NO interest in involving into alliance castle fight.

My significant experience tells me that big alliance is BIG trouble, small alliance is DEADLY. Now if we want to involve into alliance castle fight we would have to have large alliance to match "other" alliances army, so that means LARGE numbers of players in alliance. Thats just not the way i like to play.

I like one on one fight, i love war, i love strategy, i love to track down a player, time his army kill him or make deadly defense. Sometime i'm stronger sometime he is. For me that's fun.

I hate brute force and number game. Right now higher number and no experience vs lower number but huge experience would win in alliance castel.

But this thread is not about it so i would stop now. We can open one if you like it in general discussion *wink* but don't wait i do it since i already monopolize this forum by opening a lot of threads.

Time to cut my "involvement" here and let other players express their opinions.
Sheremetev
Private

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2011, 10:57:14 AM »

I shared some experience that other IO players might not have. It was quite a havoc in GW when this thing was released. And this type of "attrition wars" strategy is something people should keep in mind.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: