Imperia Online International
April 28, 2024, 22:10:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7K of population disappeared instantly (R93)  (Read 5359 times)
antoniusb
Private

« on: January 11, 2011, 17:33:44 PM »

Right after the immigration message was received (where it said I gained 358 pop), I noticed something very strange. The system took thousands of people out of production that had been employed a few minutes earlier. Even though I had more than 7K free pop, it said my free pop was insufficient to add laborers. I decided to log out and log back in thinking that would fix the problem. When I logged back in, I saw that my pop was reduced by 7K. I have not received any military messages telling me I have been pillaged. What is going on here? I spend a lot of money on your games and I deserve an explanation for this. Thank you.

tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 17:48:50 PM »

Username and realm? And use IO: Age of conquest part of forum for stuff about V5.
http://forum.imperiaonline.org/int/index.php?board=772.0

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
antoniusb
Private

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 20:08:59 PM »

Realm 93 - player = antoniusbl
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 20:14:41 PM »

It will be checked tomorrow.

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 21:34:31 PM »

Right after the immigration message was received (where it said I gained 358 pop), I noticed something very strange. The system took thousands of people out of production that had been employed a few minutes earlier. Even though I had more than 7K free pop, it said my free pop was insufficient to add laborers. I decided to log out and log back in thinking that would fix the problem. When I logged back in, I saw that my pop was reduced by 7K. I have not received any military messages telling me I have been pillaged. What is going on here? I spend a lot of money on your games and I deserve an explanation for this. Thank you.

It is highly possible you have population loss because of low farms level.

If you lost people in most (or all) provinces in every resource production than it must be it.

Other than that wait till tomorrow for IO to check it out.
antoniusb
Private

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 22:02:49 PM »

Would I have lost 7K people instantly? I went from 20K to 13K right after I built some new houses. I read the how to play guide and it seems to indicate that the need to build a farm occurs only after 100K. Even if I am misinterpreting, it would be crazy to have so many people lost at one time. I would think the loss would be more gradual than losing over 7K in pop when a certain level is reached.

I just saw that Centralization 1 is required to build first level of farm so I hardly think that could have been why I lost the population. Hard to imagine that you are expected to have Centralization researched when your entire population is less than 20K. Yes, 20K represented my entire pop and not one of my provinces.

I cannot imagine that this is not a Bug in the game that I have somehow stumbled upon. If I am correct, I do hope that the remedy includes a reimbursement of resources with interest at the same rate that is charged for a loan as well as the incremental pop lost from higher growth rate on larger population level. If the reimbursement is in the form of diamonds then I will probably quit this Realm and wait for the next one.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 22:24:55 PM by antoniusb » Logged
crass
Captain

Power corrupts,Absolute power corrupts ABSOLUTELY

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 22:56:23 PM »

Would I have lost 7K people instantly? I went from 20K to 13K right after I built some new houses. I read the how to play guide and it seems to indicate that the need to build a farm occurs only after 100K. Even if I am misinterpreting, it would be crazy to have so many people lost at one time. I would think the loss would be more gradual than losing over 7K in pop when a certain level is reached.

I just saw that Centralization 1 is required to build first level of farm so I hardly think that could have been why I lost the population. Hard to imagine that you are expected to have Centralization researched when your entire population is less than 20K. Yes, 20K represented my entire pop and not one of my provinces.

I cannot imagine that this is not a Bug in the game that I have somehow stumbled upon. If I am correct, I do hope that the remedy includes a reimbursement of resources with interest at the same rate that is charged for a loan as well as the incremental pop lost from higher growth rate on larger population level. If the reimbursement is in the form of diamonds then I will probably quit this Realm and wait for the next one.

lol reimbersment    *pardon*  sorry but  thats a funny 1  *black_eye*

antoniusb
Private

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 00:17:00 AM »

lol reimbersment    *pardon*  sorry but  thats a funny 1  *black_eye*

I'll be here all week - if I get my reimbursement  [:-}
nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 00:36:48 AM »

Tell me something mate

What's your happiness?

Another thing that could happen is that you put your tax too high thus making your population very unhappy. During gift season i was setting my taxes on maximum and opening gifts to fix happiness BUT one night i fall a sleep and woke up 20 minutes too late.

Guess what, if i remember right, 180k population run away from me (from all provinces)
antoniusb
Private

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 01:31:22 AM »

My happiness was 120 when it happened. I tried to make my happiness higher but the game doesn't have any prostitutes for my population  hard
yovanna
Community Manager

Não vale a pena ser relógio!

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 10:23:04 AM »

Realm 93 - player = antoniusbl

Sorry, but you didn't have 20k population. 23k is the current limit of your houses, but not your current population. Your account has been registered on January 7th, you're an Imperian, you are not able to reach 20k population in an Imperian account in 4 days.
crass
Captain

Power corrupts,Absolute power corrupts ABSOLUTELY

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 10:48:26 AM »

he may have gotten really good immigrations?

yovanna
Community Manager

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 11:18:24 AM »

he may have gotten really good immigrations?

No, the normal numbers.
antoniusb
Private

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 14:56:40 PM »

I do not believe that my eyes were lying to me, from what I saw on the screen there were over 20K people in my population and they were reduced to 13K. I only built the houses because my population limit was approaching.

I know the game well enough to know the difference between actual pop and pop limit. Can you please provide the starting population level so I can determine if what you say is correct and that I cannot possibly have 20K population by the date in question? No offense, but I would rather make the calculations myself than take your word on this. Can you tell me the population bonuses in the tutorial? I don't remember these and I don't want to have to go through the trouble to register a new account in order to do this.

I have currently medicine level 5 and I concentrate on medicine early in the game. I have had healers guild from the very start of the game. I collect all the population bonuses that are awarded by the tutorial (and they are quite significant). My immigration population change was net 744 increase in the two days where migration occurred. Remember also that Jan 11 could be the fifth day of playing and not the fourth depending on what time of day we are talking about. I am not absolutely positive, but I believe I registered my account very early server time on the 7th (would be late afternoon local time for me) and reported this Bug very late on the 11th (after the immigration report).

Do you still stand by your statement that it is not possible that I had 20K in population. I am wondering if your investigation took into account all of the variables I mentioned here. Do you have the tools available to do a proper investigation? For example, can you track my population levels at certain points to see that what I am reporting is correct? I have not been attacked (or at least I have not received any military reports stating such) and my happiness level was very close to the max level when the pop loss occurred.

It doesn't seem like there would be any explanation for a massive population loss so even if you were able to see my pop level from the previous day you would see that something malfunctioned in the game. Maybe there is some hidden mass suicide function in the game that I somehow activated?

One other thing to lock at is the possibility that linking my R38 account may have somehow caused this. I am just speculating here, but I did notice some weird things occurring when I would access my R38 account via the linked account function in R93. I stopped switching to my R38 acct from R93 because of this a couple of days before the incident occurred because of the strange things that I was seeing but it is the only possible explanation I can think of.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 15:43:53 PM by antoniusb » Logged
yovanna
Community Manager

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 16:04:16 PM »

I stand by what I've said, I don't just post personal pressumptions, I do all the checks before that. According to the logs, there is nothing abnormal with your population and you didn't lose 30% of it out of nothing. If we don't find a technical proof for whatever it is, we can't do anything for you.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: