Imperia Online International
April 19, 2024, 08:35:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold  (Read 2564 times)
steveempire
Lieutenant

« on: December 26, 2010, 21:54:34 PM »

I like to player warrior role, no credits, so I am finding getting gold a hard thing to do.  Most players have small gold, but high wood.  So I kill someone, I get alot of wood, a little iron and some gold.  If I want gold I have sell wood - but price of wood is almost nothing  *black_eye*.  So I need to collect 18 million wood to get 9 million gold for research.  18 million wood takes me 4 or 5 trips!!!  In old system, wood would be converted to gold 1=1, so I need 9 million wood to collect $9 million. 

The small gold benefits farmers because they can borrow based on their production and get it for smaller costs for same $.  I spend money on soldiers, they spend money on production...  My $ goes to upkeep support troops, their money goes into research.  Farmer can lose a battle, kill my soldiers and keep +++ resources if I cannot carry it all. 

In this system, loans are only way to get gold enough for research  *hmm*

Players with 10 X production can high tax, then collect 10 hour happy bonus to bring them up again when they collect their bonus.

Anyone know a sollution?

nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 01:38:57 AM »

I like to player warrior role, no credits, so I am finding getting gold a hard thing to do.  Most players have small gold, but high wood.  So I kill someone, I get alot of wood, a little iron and some gold.  If I want gold I have sell wood - but price of wood is almost nothing  *black_eye*.  So I need to collect 18 million wood to get 9 million gold for research.  18 million wood takes me 4 or 5 trips!!!  In old system, wood would be converted to gold 1=1, so I need 9 million wood to collect $9 million. 

The small gold benefits farmers because they can borrow based on their production and get it for smaller costs for same $.  I spend money on soldiers, they spend money on production...  My $ goes to upkeep support troops, their money goes into research.  Farmer can lose a battle, kill my soldiers and keep +++ resources if I cannot carry it all. 

In this system, loans are only way to get gold enough for research  *hmm*

Players with 10 X production can high tax, then collect 10 hour happy bonus to bring them up again when they collect their bonus.

Anyone know a sollution?

Pfffffffff my friend you paint it too black. Tough i agree with you that gold is an issue and that gold would be more and more an issue at your current stage you shouldn't have a trouble with a gold.

I know i didn't have troubles when i had your points. I did centralization 10 and gold came mainly from goldmines and "donors" with some smaller part coming from my provinces. For centralization 9 you should get most of the gold from your provinces. They are packed with resources and gold. All you have to do is to have enough wagons.

Also If you set your tax properly that would be enough for army upkeep, everything else should come from goldmine and from "donors"

There is one thing that upset me and you could do FATAL mistake.

DO NOT take a loan. Thats suicide especially if you play without credits.

Hell yes you can take it right now, glide trough holiday brake and repay it somehow but once goliday brake is over forget about loan.
steveempire
Lieutenant

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 07:21:30 AM »

lol, I have elites and those spoiled brats cost alot.  My army costs $10,000 more than income.  Guess its time to build temples for more happy
nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 22:02:11 PM »

lol, I have elites and those spoiled brats cost alot.  My army costs $10,000 more than income.  Guess its time to build temples for more happy

Than sorry i misunderstood you. If you have elite than you researched centralization 10 and 9 million gold wouldnt be enough for next centralization.

That's why i assume you had lower points.

And if you have elites and big army than solution is to kill somebody ;o)

Make your honor high and you would get +5 happiness in every province and you can push your tax a bit more, you already have +20 happiness because of your army in province where it is and university happiness.

So pushing temple just a little bit could mean you can have medium tax in first circle provinces, high or very high in capital and low or medium in second circle.

also one trick i do to gather just a bit more gold. For example in 1 of my provinces i have happiness +10 or +13 so i set tax a bit higher.

Population is unhappy but i dont care. I leave it that way for 12 hours and than set tax where i don't lose happiness.

in that province happiness would recover and you would get 12 hours more resources.
steveempire
Lieutenant

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 02:07:20 AM »

lol, Cent 10 was 9 million I think.

Killing is alot of walking for little dough sometimes... so I was just complaining it does not seem to pay as well as V4.

The high honor is a good idea... I just need someone I can crash 30000 spears into  *freak*  The 12 hour high tax, 12 hour med tax is a good idea too.
nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 03:09:01 AM »

lol, Cent 10 was 9 million I think.

Killing is alot of walking for little dough sometimes... so I was just complaining it does not seem to pay as well as V4.

The high honor is a good idea... I just need someone I can crash 30000 spears into  *freak*  The 12 hour high tax, 12 hour med tax is a good idea too.

you don't need 30k spears. In 3 battles i got high enough honor to have +5 happiness boost. Last battle I did it with much less spears than what you say but damn that was really a big battle. Biggest so far in realm  evil4
steveempire
Lieutenant

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 21:41:23 PM »

Congrats on the win  *bravo*.  I will keep you posted on the progress
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: