Imperia Online International
April 28, 2024, 19:26:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holidays  (Read 8497 times)
nekodrugi
Major

« on: December 20, 2010, 19:18:30 PM »

Few quick questions

1. If alliance is at war how does Holidays brake works?

2. Can player that took holiday brake attack his own provinces?

3. Player launch attack (let's say pillage) can he take holiday immediately or there are some limitations.

4. What are "official" holidays. For example, in west europe is catholic christmas, In parts of east europe is ortodox christmas and in turkey, parts of europe and islamic countries is bayram. Also we have ortodox new year, chinese new year, muslim new year, eastern etc etc. And all those are religious holidays.

5. Will there be any "limits" on use of holiday protections. Especially if you try to respect other religious holidays. And you should !!!

Since i live in multicultural country where we have catholics, ortodox and muslims i know what i'm speaking of. You would basically need to create the list of "official" holidays and publish it to all players.

Also you should separate "universal" holidays from "religious". I could help you out in setting some rules but trust me it's not as simple as it sounds.

You are international multicultural game and you SHOULD respect and pay attention to all players. And that is no simple task to do.

Or you can choose to bluntly ignore all other and force christian holidays to everybody.  *suicide*
maeof
Back in Business.
Translators

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 19:55:41 PM »

Attacks will be stopped just at normal New Year`s eve.
That`s all I know.

(Edit: I just logged into the game, and saw that new Holday Break module, ah darn me!)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 19:56:51 PM by maeof » Logged

by Koramae.
crass
Captain

Power corrupts,Absolute power corrupts ABSOLUTELY

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 20:45:24 PM »

Few quick questions

1. If alliance is at war how does Holidays brake works?

2. Can player that took holiday brake attack his own provinces?

3. Player launch attack (let's say pillage) can he take holiday immediately or there are some limitations.

4. What are "official" holidays. For example, in west europe is catholic christmas, In parts of east europe is ortodox christmas and in turkey, parts of europe and islamic countries is bayram. Also we have ortodox new year, chinese new year, muslim new year, eastern etc etc. And all those are religious holidays.

5. Will there be any "limits" on use of holiday protections. Especially if you try to respect other religious holidays. And you should !!!

Since i live in multicultural country where we have catholics, ortodox and muslims i know what i'm speaking of. You would basically need to create the list of "official" holidays and publish it to all players.

Also you should separate "universal" holidays from "religious". I could help you out in setting some rules but trust me it's not as simple as it sounds.

You are international multicultural game and you SHOULD respect and pay attention to all players. And that is no simple task to do.

Or you can choose to bluntly ignore all other and force christian holidays to everybody.  *suicide*
hey watch it now u dont want to alienate people  by forgetting  their important days  most notably  MARDI-GRAS  and ST PAT's DAY  how could u forget the 2 best holidays the 1's where chicks are in the street all drunk and naked are most assuredly the best *hahaha* *hahaha* *hahaha*

sheridon
Captain

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 22:51:35 PM »

you guys go a chance to grow or build troops without any stress of attacks, you can spend time with your girldfriends(if you have) or your dog or your families, without worry about losing your army or army upkeep. i think its a good move by the io staff in doing this. now i can get drunk and not worry about this game. after all i dont get paid for achieving anything here, and none of you do either.............. so say thanks for the break, get a girlfriend and enjoy.  *friends* *kiss* *GIRL_IN_LOVE* *BEACH* *bear* *drunk*
yovanna
Community Manager

Não vale a pena ser relógio!

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 11:09:56 AM »

1. If all the members activate the Holidays protection, their alliance automatically loses the war.

2. No.

3. Yes.

4. We thought about other religions' holidays too. Before the respective holiday players will be informed.

5. I don't really get your point here.
nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 13:14:26 PM »

1. If all the members activate the Holidays protection, their alliance automatically loses the war.

2. No.

3. Yes.

4. We thought about other religions' holidays too. Before the respective holiday players will be informed.

5. I don't really get your point here.

For No5

Setting limits is important. First you need to limit number of holidays.

If you take other religions holidays in consideration you would end up with more "holidays" than you initially tough and its clear you can't take every religious holiday so you say for example:

"only major" religious hoildays from Christian, Orthodox, Muslim, Jewish . . .

And than you would end up with around 10 dates.

Now you can allow to every player to use those 10 brakes or you can limit that too. So one player can activate only 4 times holiday brake.

Thats what i had in mind with setting limits.
fragmaster
Forum Staff

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 16:00:40 PM »

I personally think that complicating game with various brakes is obsolete.Those can be abused for farming,skipping steps,collecting stuff u dont want to let ur enemies do easily after so much time pressuring them,etc...You have vacation mode ,use it when u want to rest and have more important things to do.Everyone has some resource penalty when they go on vacation mode,and every normal player uses vacation here and there.Those who doesnt are just zombies who arent worth competing.Is IO ranking most important thing in players lives?Nobody can prove to me that few vacation modes will make or brake somebody's ranking.You can pack researches,fill it for 2-3 days,and researches were always bottleneck for progress if u are farmer,and if u are warrior ,ur population will recover,and u will eventually lean to same strength u would have without vacation (consequence of exponential slow down caused by upkeep).

Only problem would be that some players dont have credits.Simplest solution is that whenever its some important holiday ,vacation mode cost is set to 0.Thats simplest and most effective.

yovanna
Community Manager

Não vale a pena ser relógio!

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 16:47:01 PM »

The option will be available (and previously announced)  for the big religious holidays, regardless the religion. And since it's an optional feature it can be activated by whoever wants to.

Frag, Vacation mod makes you not play at all which includes stopped production and population growth. Most of the players prefer to have peaceful holidays but still have the account developed. Stopping the attacks for everybody or not stopping them at all is radical in both ways. This option gives a chance to choose. 
snufkin
Translators

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 15:19:13 PM »

is there no consideration for networth points? so if one small player stays active, the war is not lost?
Kopator
Captain

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 18:00:04 PM »

Frag, Vacation mod makes you not play at all which includes stopped production and population growth.

1 question... in v4, vac-mode dosen´t stop population growth. Does it stop in v5 ? Huh?  *pardon*
 *freak*

Hail to the Spam King *KING*
nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 18:51:23 PM »

1 question... in v4, vac-mode dosen´t stop population growth. Does it stop in v5 ? Huh?  *pardon*
 *freak*

Vac mode in V5 is ABSOLUTELY the same like in V4
snufkin
Translators

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 20:37:39 PM »

is there no consideration for networth points? so if one small player stays active, the war is not lost?

any1?
nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 22:09:48 PM »

any1?

No the war is not lost. As long as there is 1 active player (regardeles how small) they would not lose a war.

I spoke with Yovanna and IO is very aware of issues so they would change it. She couldn't tell me when but let's hope soon.

So far this part of the game have some flaws and people can (and most probably do) cheat when in war.
Kopator
Captain

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2010, 22:54:55 PM »

thx mate.  *rose*

another question here, do you know if immigration is still active though player is in vac-mode?

*freak*

Hail to the Spam King *KING*
kikiriki
Translators

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2010, 23:21:07 PM »

i think not.... i was on vac mode for 3 days and my population didnt grew.... i'm nomad btw and didnt have pop limit *Grin*

Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: