Imperia Online International
April 28, 2024, 01:01:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Balance of races? When?  (Read 9333 times)
numpty
Forum Staff

The real bggest loser!!!!

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2010, 10:53:30 AM »

*hihi* *hihi* *hihi*

Cant understand why you complain???

neko, i have played aggressive, been a marshall, i opt normally to farm in the beginning.  batista´s complaint above IMO is legitimate cause the price of farms and houses are quite large.  all of my 1st circle provs farms now cost more than 500k wood, to get to 200k pop i will need to invest throughout the realm in farms whereas a nomad gets to 200k in provs without that expenditure.  yeah, i know the other advantages imperians have, but the sheer cost of farms i think is too high, reducing the eventual advantage of greater population imperians have vs nomads....

To whom is may concern, to all unhappy, disappointed, permanently complaining people:
You are not obliged to pay, neither you're obliged to play this game at all. You pay, you make your choice.
Kopator
Captain

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2010, 13:04:26 PM »

neko, i have played aggressive, been a marshall, i opt normally to farm in the beginning.  batista´s complaint above IMO is legitimate cause the price of farms and houses are quite large.  all of my 1st circle provs farms now cost more than 500k wood, to get to 200k pop i will need to invest throughout the realm in farms whereas a nomad gets to 200k in provs without that expenditure.  yeah, i know the other advantages imperians have, but the sheer cost of farms i think is too high, reducing the eventual advantage of greater population imperians have vs nomads....

farm for me cost 1.7million wood  head_hurts_kr

Hail to the Spam King *KING*
numpty
Forum Staff

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2010, 13:48:08 PM »

farm for me cost 1.7million wood  head_hurts_kr

in maybe one province, not in all provinces, either that or you are a farm building machine with populations in all provs well over 200k in every province....

i am trying to keep pop growth over 100/hour in every province but it just isnt possible if you plan on building anything else, like army or big research, the population as it grows gets slower and slower and will eventually stop if you dont keep on chugging the damn farms.

i built a temple last night that cost me 1.3M wood and 784k stone, just absurd......lol  and that´s with level 20 arch....

To whom is may concern, to all unhappy, disappointed, permanently complaining people:
You are not obliged to pay, neither you're obliged to play this game at all. You pay, you make your choice.
numpty
Forum Staff

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2010, 18:03:52 PM »

so yesterday i built a farm in my 1st circle mountain province to get pop growth over 100, this less than 24 hours ago.  it is now once again at 39/hour.  this is too much, to reemedy this situation i must now spend 510k wood, 57k iron and 175k stone.....

millions a day on farms as an imperian....

Batista
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2010, 20:58:11 PM »

Sorry for offtopic  *Undecided*

Numpty do not build farms everywhere - it is not a good idea. It is better to build them mostly in 1st circle provinces because you will rise the growth of population there which means that the population there will be larger than in 2nd circle provinces. 1st circle provinces have max. happiness over 100 - 120, those from 2nd circle have 90 - 100 so if you have more population in provinces with higher max. happiness you will also have higher avarage happiness. It is rather a good strategy ... I had almost 1mln population and the avarage happiness was almost 107 - it would be much higher but I was pillaged once in capital. This strategy has also other good sides ... think a little bit and you will find them out. I won't write here everything I know  *pardon*

« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 13:42:58 PM by Batista » Logged
numpty
Forum Staff

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2010, 21:26:02 PM »

Sorry for offtopic  *Undecided*

Numpty do not build farms everywhere - it is not a good idea. It is better to build them mostly in 1st circle provinces because you will rise the growth of population there which means that the population there will be larger than in 2nd circle provinces. 1st circle provinces have max. happiness over 100 - 120, those from 2nd circle have 90 - 100 so if you have more population in provinces with higher max. happiness you will also have higher avarage happiness. It is rather a good strategy ... I had almost 1mln population and the avarage happiness was almost 107 - it would be much higher but I was pillaged once in capital. This strategy has also other good sides ... think a little bit and you will find them out. I won't write here everything I know  *pardon*

I still think that even those changes that have been made are not enough. More about balance, strategy and so on ... I will discuss only with my CM  *pardon*

i have been making farms only in 1st circle.  2nd circle for now is fine, my objective is to always keep all provs at 100/hour growth, any circle.  the only problem is the damn mountains and i have 4, they are more difficult to maintain over 100k

Batista
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2010, 13:38:37 PM »

i have been making farms only in 1st circle.  2nd circle for now is fine, my objective is to always keep all provs at 100/hour growth, any circle.  the only problem is the damn mountains and i have 4, they are more difficult to maintain over 100k

100/h in all provs is not a good idea. You have not been pillaged as I think. As an imperian you should have farms, sanctuaries and forts as high as possible in first circle. I wouldn't care about 2nd circle provinces so much ... maybe forts yes - for production bonus. Why? If I were a nomad and we had war I wouldn't pillage you in all provinces ... only those from first circle twice on max damage. Why? Just to lower your avarage happiness to 100 or lower. You would loose a lot population in first circle and not in 2nd one where max. happiness is low. The rest of damage would be done by other players who might have (but do not have to) avarage happiness at 105.1 or more. For each 5 points players loose 1% of population ... in such case when the difference is more than 5 points you would loose 2%. You have more than 1 mln. population overall so each day you would loose 2% of 1mln which is about 20.000 people daily when the difference would be 5 points or more or 10.000 people when it would be less then 5 points. Imperians population recovery time is rather low so you would loose population each day and not gaining it from other players for over a week or more. In case of difference of 5 points or more your total loss would be 40.000 people, in case of 5 points or less - 20.000 daily actually. If you do not count population which you gain from other players the numbers are not so high but ... you wrote that you have 100ppl/h in each province so it makes about 1000 ppl overall ... after pillage it would be 2000 maybe (but really I do not think that you would have so much) so such loss - even 10.000 people daily (1%) longers your recovery time after pillage to sth about 4h-5h more per day.

P.S. Such thing does not work on nomads because they have high people growth and they recover faster after pillage.

Conclusions? Imperians have too small people growth or can be pillaged on too high percentage. Choose option which you like - both are good.

You have made an example of some imperians which are in TOP 10 on 84th realm I think. Ok - they are there now but they have not got a lot of population now (pillage on a small amount of population is not so deadly). When they reach 1mln and someone will pilage them once or twice in 1st circle provinces (with capital) they will start to fall down in ranking.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 13:41:30 PM by Batista » Logged
numpty
Forum Staff

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2010, 14:11:33 PM »

100/h in all provs is not a good idea. You have not been pillaged as I think. As an imperian you should have farms, sanctuaries and forts as high as possible in first circle. I wouldn't care about 2nd circle provinces so much ... maybe forts yes - for production bonus. Why? If I were a nomad and we had war I wouldn't pillage you in all provinces ... only those from first circle twice on max damage. Why? Just to lower your avarage happiness to 100 or lower. You would loose a lot population in first circle and not in 2nd one where max. happiness is low. The rest of damage would be done by other players who might have (but do not have to) avarage happiness at 105.1 or more. For each 5 points players loose 1% of population ... in such case when the difference is more than 5 points you would loose 2%. You have more than 1 mln. population overall so each day you would loose 2% of 1mln which is about 20.000 people daily when the difference would be 5 points or more or 10.000 people when it would be less then 5 points. Imperians population recovery time is rather low so you would loose population each day and not gaining it from other players for over a week or more. In case of difference of 5 points or more your total loss would be 40.000 people, in case of 5 points or less - 20.000 daily actually. If you do not count population which you gain from other players the numbers are not so high but ... you wrote that you have 100ppl/h in each province so it makes about 1000 ppl overall ... after pillage it would be 2000 maybe (but really I do not think that you would have so much) so such loss - even 10.000 people daily (1%) longers your recovery time after pillage to sth about 4h-5h more per day.

P.S. Such thing does not work on nomads because they have high people growth and they recover faster after pillage.

Conclusions? Imperians have too small people growth or can be pillaged on too high percentage. Choose option which you like - both are good.

You have made an example of some imperians which are in TOP 10 on 84th realm I think. Ok - they are there now but they have not got a lot of population now (pillage on a small amount of population is not so deadly). When they reach 1mln and someone will pilage them once or twice in 1st circle provinces (with capital) they will start to fall down in ranking.

yes i was pillaged and loss 47k population, however i learned my lesson and increase medicine....the problem is in wars nomads can pillage twice so that will destroy imperians....

numpty
Forum Staff

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2010, 14:17:42 PM »

the real unfairness comes from the fact that nomads can have 200k pop quicker than imperians and recover faster.  im fairly certain i need to develp something like leve 30 medicine to recover pop as quick as nomads.  for an imperian to have 200k pop in all provs wqill take a long time and not get pillaged cause 1st level provs to get to 200k need at least level 8, 9 or 10 farms and level 8 costs 1M wood alone....

dont think this is balanced but we will see....

nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2010, 15:18:15 PM »

the real unfairness comes from the fact that nomads can have 200k pop quicker than imperians and recover faster.  im fairly certain i need to develp something like leve 30 medicine to recover pop as quick as nomads.  for an imperian to have 200k pop in all provs wqill take a long time and not get pillaged cause 1st level provs to get to 200k need at least level 8, 9 or 10 farms and level 8 costs 1M wood alone....

dont think this is balanced but we will see....

Numphy,

I can't say i don't understand some of your frustration but i'm a little bit confused why you complain that much.

As i can see you are VERY high ranked and you did it rather fast. I remember when you had less points than i did and that was something like 20 day's ago. 20 day's ago both of us were in lower 60 position.

So from your growth it's obvious that imperians are not in that much of disadvantage.

You know i play nomads and i'm rather aggressive, i take all i need from other players and i believe i grow nicely.

Sure i don't use credits and i don't know if you are using it (i suspect you do because you grow damn fast) so part of your growth can be explained by that. As nomad that is not using credits i just cant match your speed of growth.

Anyway if IO makes your life even easier imagine where you would end. Nobody and nothing would be able to stop Imperians to rule the realm with no troubles.

As i see it now maybe IO already did too much of "leverage" to imperians because if i can't match you now there is no way i would be able to match you in 2 or 3 months period.
numpty
Forum Staff

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2010, 16:35:14 PM »

Numphy,

I can't say i don't understand some of your frustration but i'm a little bit confused why you complain that much.

As i can see you are VERY high ranked and you did it rather fast. I remember when you had less points than i did and that was something like 20 day's ago. 20 day's ago both of us were in lower 60 position.

So from your growth it's obvious that imperians are not in that much of disadvantage.

You know i play nomads and i'm rather aggressive, i take all i need from other players and i believe i grow nicely.

Sure i don't use credits and i don't know if you are using it (i suspect you do because you grow damn fast) so part of your growth can be explained by that. As nomad that is not using credits i just cant match your speed of growth.

Anyway if IO makes your life even easier imagine where you would end. Nobody and nothing would be able to stop Imperians to rule the realm with no troubles.

As i see it now maybe IO already did too much of "leverage" to imperians because if i can't match you now there is no way i would be able to match you in 2 or 3 months period.

yes i use credits, that has ALOT to do with my growth.  more importantly is the alliance researches, my alliances researches are likely much higher than yours, makes everything go faster.  most of the speed and difference between you and me is directly related to these two facts and add to that 1600 attacks are farms and better production of resources and it explains the 48k difference in our points.

what i complain about is the equality in growth rates.  it is a fact nomads grow quickly to 200k.  there is an ally of mine with 60k less points, he has 2100 growth rate and higher pop in all his 1st circle provs except 1.  he told me he made no farms.  i built yesterday in all my 1st circle provs 1 level of farm at 500k wood, 57k iron and 200k stone.  my current growth rate slightly over 1600k/hour.  i have only 1 prov over 200k, all the rest are under 150k and to get to 200k i will need at least 2 more levels of farms to do it quickly. the argument that imperians can get over 200k population therefore have an advantage is incorrect becasue for me to get to 200k i have to spend an incredible amount of resources on farms and houses.  my next house in province 1 cost me 1M wood, 70k iron and 500k stone.  curiously my 2nd circle provinces are beginning to catch up to my 1st circle provinces.  oh and i have level 17 medicine, therefore my growth rate is absurd, but still less than my ally that doesnt have level 17 medicine.  i see inactive farms with 1000 points and 200k pop.  find me an imperian farm with 1000 points and 100k pop, you wont find one.

this is not complaining, like yovanna said, it is stating a point of view utilizing in-game experience.  the only problem i see thus far is the 1st circle provinces, they are too slow to grow and expensive if i plan to keep up with nomads population-wise.  like i said, ill be around to see if it is correctly balanced, i think not, there needs to be an upward revision of imperian 1st circle growth rates and/or a reduction in farm/house prices.....

i am not the ideal player to compare yourself with cause of the diamonds and cause i will start fighting shortly = losing points/troops...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 16:55:30 PM by numpty » Logged

fragmaster
Forum Staff

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2010, 16:43:10 PM »

ill just say that expensive progress is better than capped progress.When stage where researches run all the time is reached,every place where u can invest (high houses and farms) has great importance.What about fort 9? banking potential of it?

numpty
Forum Staff

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2010, 16:47:54 PM »

ill just say that expensive progress is better than capped progress.When stage where researches run all the time is reached,every place where u can invest (high houses and farms) has great importance.What about fort 9? banking potential of it?

i agree 100%, you are correct fragmaster!  i am not stating i am correct about anything at all, i might very well be wrong about everything.  if you ask my wife and mother, they will tell you i am always wrong about things:-) 

i get the feeling that these high costs at an early stage of houses and farms will skew final results, if im wrong i will come here and state i was wrong, at this point i dont think so, but i think this realm will go longer than expected therefore over the next 9 months im sure we will have all the right answers....

HerrSchultze
I have come for you all
Major

yes! McD is all about kidz and burguers *freak*

« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2010, 06:50:11 AM »

errr xcuse me, but have you thought that nomads need to grow like hell since their soldiers fall like dominoes? *freak*

numpty
Forum Staff

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2010, 15:55:11 PM »

to illustrate the difficulty, my pop growth has dropped 171/hour since yesterday afternoon.  here I go again making more farms, actually no i wont cause, i dont have enough friggin wood!!!!!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: