Imperia Online International
April 23, 2024, 14:45:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happiness  (Read 3381 times)
steveempire
Lieutenant

« on: November 22, 2010, 23:42:10 PM »

I am really starting to feel the pinch of low happiness in the 2nd circle satillite provinces!  It is a game changer if I lose population all the time because 2nd rowers cant be happier than 94!  *crazy*
So, I am trying to grow the pop in my inner circle provinces asap to give more weight to their higher happiness  *tired*

2 questions to help me understand
1) am I only compared to players in my 2X when it comes to happiness and resulting immigration?
2) what affect does a happy goldmine or 0 networth player have me?

thanks
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 23:44:20 PM »

You are only compared to player with similar networth as you have and which created acc in similar time as you.
Goldmines are not compared and 0 point player are also goldmines, just cant be attacked.

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
steveempire
Lieutenant

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 08:32:53 AM »

Tiger, thanks!

Can you answer if Cataphract archers can shoot over fort wall in siege, or in defense?  *rose*

Kopator
Captain

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 09:36:21 AM »

Tiger, thanks!

Can you answer if Cataphract archers can shoot over fort wall in siege, or in defense?  *rose*

nope, they shoot their arrows throughthe fort wall  *freak*

Hail to the Spam King *KING*
steveempire
Lieutenant

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 18:47:21 PM »

Na, I ran the simulations and they just stand around...dont even shoot till they hit the field.  No arrows in attack or defense...I guess they have small bows.

I would send some cataphracts to you and show you how they "don't" work, but we are in the same alliance.

Anyone know why horse archers and cataphracts cannot shoot arrows over walls
Sheremetev
Private

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 21:22:48 PM »

Because they are cavalry. By default, cavalry units DO NOT fight in siege battles. So, you must crush the wall first. Only after will your cavalrymen engage the enemy.

steveempire
Lieutenant

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 22:34:58 PM »

*black_eye*  too bad, has some really impressive defense possibilities and of course the attack as well.  Fill the fort with horse archers and really make the enemy work for the win  *ok*
nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 00:23:41 AM »

*black_eye*  too bad, has some really impressive defense possibilities and of course the attack as well.  Fill the fort with horse archers and really make the enemy work for the win  *ok*

One trouble with that plan

Horses generally don't like to climb to high walls ;o)

But hey here is an idea. We should get pegasus units so we can finally have true air support  *hahaha*
HerrSchultze
I have come for you all
Major

yes! McD is all about kidz and burguers *freak*

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 00:48:14 AM »

nope, they shoot their arrows throughthe fort wall  *freak*

this wall needs repairs *freak*

steveempire
Lieutenant

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 01:03:26 AM »

One trouble with that plan

Horses generally don't like to climb to high walls ;o)

But hey here is an idea. We should get pegasus units so we can finally have true air support  *hahaha*
Favorite strategy is send horse plus cats to a battle...see very few dead in version 4 and archers have huge disadvantage vs horse in V4, but horse kills everything in fort just fine... In V5, horse get 1/2 hps in siege and cant use bows in defense!!!   rant I mean get off your horse you lazy overpaid barbarians and climb a wall rant  Barbarians are not known for their discipline and if the horse guys are like me, they would be at least chucking rocks at the bad guys from the tower...  *freak* or empty beer cans  *freak* 

hard I am now learning to use rams to absorb damage, even though in V4 they were useless.  In V5, they seem to attract archer fire and thats always good.  They have lots of hps, so survive where heavy swords perish  *black_eye*
HerrSchultze
I have come for you all
Major

yes! McD is all about kidz and burguers *freak*

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 01:08:31 AM »

Favorite strategy is send horse plus cats to a battle...see very few dead in version 4 and archers have huge disadvantage vs horse in V4, but horse kills everything in fort just fine... In V5, horse get 1/2 hps in siege and cant use bows in defense!!!   rant I mean get off your horse you lazy overpaid barbarians and climb a wall rant  Barbarians are not known for their discipline and if the horse guys are like me, they would be at least chucking rocks at the bad guys from the tower...  *freak* or empty beer cans  *freak* 

hard I am now learning to use rams to absorb damage, even though in V4 they were useless.  In V5, they seem to attract archer fire and thats always good.  They have lots of hps, so survive where heavy swords perish  *black_eye*
in v4 sending catas and cav only is mistake *freak* its just wrong *freak*

nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2010, 04:29:18 AM »

I am now learning to use rams to absorb damage, even though in V4 they were useless.  In V5, they seem to attract archer fire and thats always good.  They have lots of hps, so survive where heavy swords perish  *black_eye*

I'm doing that for some time now. You are right they do attract some fire from archers so swords live another day. But again that's not a solution. Losses are still HUGE comparing V4.

Another thing. I really think that centralization 10 is a bit too high requirementfor elite units (plus other researches). I think that i'm rather good (top 50) and still it would take months and MONTHS for me to reach elite units.

That would be no trouble if there are no forts stronger than lvl7. By the time we get to lvl 10 centralization and do ALL other researches for elite a lot of players would have fort lvl 8 or even 9.

It's highly possible that we all would transform to farmers simply because we just can't brake those forts.

steveempire
Lieutenant

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2010, 06:36:12 AM »

It's highly possible that we all would transform to farmers simply because we just can't brake those forts.
Hmm, yeah, I dont mind elites being delayed as you can army kill without having to fort siege.  this means the game is tailored to team tactics...1 man kills army, next man kills fort. ideally in a war, so 1st guy gets compensated.  I never minded the heavy units, you just need more of them.  I have watched many players use 100,000 spears in V4 to spread horse to flank and decrease cohort size of defender...I suspect that I will have 1,000,000 heavy sword perhaps instead.  Thats alot of defense bonus and attack bonus in the size. 
A fort 9 can fall from 6000 cats with an army kill 2 seconds prior to your attack  *bravo*.

I used to share my battle calculator links...but there are none in V5.  Tactics are way harder to develop in this realm because no one really knows how it all works.  *pardon*

As for farmers???  the loot in the unannexed province is pretty enticing...you need some cats and army to get that $$$$.  Maybe that will encourage people to kill each other *Smiley*.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: