Imperia Online International
April 28, 2024, 08:45:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You need to do something quick  (Read 6182 times)
redborg
Major

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, 21:19:28 PM »

in realm 5 a very competative realm last time i came

2 net worth
3 honour
4 military points.

and i was cheated out of 3 military points by fixed battles.

my point is you still have to army save.

so your fort 7 is unprotected and only has heavy archers in it.

thats beatable.

as is they guy who is saving millions of stone

for a fort 8

mariuscl77
Lieutenant

NOVICE

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2010, 22:10:40 PM »

That was happened few days ago:

But now if you simulate that battle you will see tht you loose only 5-6k swordsman, not 21k.
 I think they fixed that bug with catapults tarrain bonus and garrisoned bonus...
steveempire
Lieutenant

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2010, 07:32:24 AM »

Motivation ... I see it, I want it, I smash to get it.  Guys with big fort will end up being guys with dead army...I will take them in a field, then later on, kill them with a siege... planning, friends and tactics.  I had a farm keep increasing his forts and fortification, so I kept up researching tactics, buying cats and killing my own men (spears) to get honor... Safe is state of mind which I assure you will be temporary. 
As for saving up for a fort 8, that would be a miracle to pull off with the armies I have seen around here.  Good luck staying under the radar.  I find 20 spies belonging to a warrior account all day.  Then i need 40 spies to boot em. 
1 man brings a knife, next man brings a gun. next man brings a bigger gun.
steveempire
Lieutenant

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2010, 07:38:34 AM »

I did 25000 heavy nomad sword and 500 cats vs. fort 7 imperian in mountain with 5000 imperian archers and 20 balistae.  I won on a 46...
redborg
Major

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2010, 10:40:51 AM »

in fairness when i did my calcs i forgot about imperians.

AlexWolf
Lieutenant

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2010, 10:57:49 AM »

in fairness when i did my calcs i forgot about imperians.
Lets kill'em all until they r small *Smiley*  *HUNTER*
numpty
Forum Staff

The real bggest loser!!!!

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2010, 11:02:31 AM »

I did 25000 heavy nomad sword and 500 cats vs. fort 7 imperian in mountain with 5000 imperian archers and 20 balistae.  I won on a 46...

500 cats is quite a large number.  in previous versions of IO would anyone actually even think about 500 cats?

To whom is may concern, to all unhappy, disappointed, permanently complaining people:
You are not obliged to pay, neither you're obliged to play this game at all. You pay, you make your choice.
redborg
Major

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2010, 12:44:37 PM »

but thats the point

things are better now

i never made a cat or ram in realm 5 this time round

few heavy horse and light spears

straight to elites in a few weeks.

and big forts

AlexWolf
Lieutenant

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2010, 13:18:06 PM »

500 cats is quite a large number.  in previous versions of IO would anyone actually even think about 500 cats?
Both time i've had near 300 cats+ 300trebs. But i've played middle point strategy - 300-500k points at the end of era. But close to finishing of every era alot of honor allow me to attack forts even without weapons from time to time.
steveempire
Lieutenant

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2010, 18:26:14 PM »

I usually have about 300 cats by the moment trebs become available...so I guess I will just have more.  However, I think I will have a spread of 100 rams in front of the gates to absorb the arrows.  since they can take damage, its a whole new game.  I run with 24 balistae at the moment with 20 cats, 20 rams and it seems to work with what I am attacking (5 and below), but i am not yet seeing fort 6 in my area (of course I have 1  *bravo* ) ...
If I cant have trebs, then I will just have double cats...maybe have 1000 cats before i make a treb
nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2010, 22:27:02 PM »

I usually have about 300 cats by the moment trebs become available...so I guess I will just have more.  However, I think I will have a spread of 100 rams in front of the gates to absorb the arrows.  since they can take damage, its a whole new game.  I run with 24 balistae at the moment with 20 cats, 20 rams and it seems to work with what I am attacking (5 and below), but i am not yet seeing fort 6 in my area (of course I have 1  *bravo* ) ...
If I cant have trebs, then I will just have double cats...maybe have 1000 cats before i make a treb

*xxx* *xxx* *xxx* *xxx* *xxx*

1000 cats

Do you have ANY idea how much that cost and how long it would take you to build that much Huh?

I'm strong and my economy is good but i have HUGE troubles to do even 50 cats at once. I need some nice target or goldmine to collect enough to make 50 in one day.

Usually to build 50 cats I need around 2 day's. Other players that just start building them would need much, much more.

So lets say you build 50 every two day's. to build 1k you would need 40 days.

And this is under assumption you have damn strong army because building catapults mean no other army you would build for 40 day's, also NO OTHER researches or buildings. Anything that needs wood.
steveempire
Lieutenant

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2010, 05:05:13 AM »

You forget to count the plunder in your calcs.  Today i KILLed a goldmine with 5 province for millions in booty and now I am attacking a player with 1 million stone.  If you depend on your econ, you never grow, but I wake up to make opportunities.  Now, I watch the action... fingers crossed I can make 100 cats by noon!  And I am a no credit player...
If buddy wakes, i will be totally screwed, but if he sleeps... he he he
steveempire
Lieutenant

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2010, 05:07:24 AM »

I'm up to 67 spies for home defense  *freak*, The guy I am attacking has 42  *xxx*
nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2010, 06:23:34 AM »

You forget to count the plunder in your calcs.  Today i KILLed a goldmine with 5 province for millions in booty and now I am attacking a player with 1 million stone.  If you depend on your econ, you never grow, but I wake up to make opportunities.  Now, I watch the action... fingers crossed I can make 100 cats by noon!  And I am a no credit player...
If buddy wakes, i will be totally screwed, but if he sleeps... he he he

I think we don't play the same game

In my game 100 catapults = 3672000 wood and 81600 iron

Maybe in your game it's much cheaper  *xxx*

Also in my game if you want to clean somebody with millions in provinces you have to have a lot of wagons.

Let's say, in my game, your army need to be big so you only need 1000 wagons to take 2 millions of resources. In my game 1000 wagons cost 1800000 wood and 40k iron.
But since we obviously dont play same game it must be less for you.

Finally in my game farmers goldmine like crazy, the would also sell iron and wood, buy stone and build F8 BEFORE we are able to build 25k heavy nomad sword and 500 cats to brake fort 7 imperian in mountain with 5000 imperian archers and 20 balistae. Ahh yes in my game, farmers are not stupid to have ONLY that army.

But your game is totally different.

I suspect, in your game, that all goldmines produce only wood, some small iron and that there is nobody than you to take it. So yes, by tomorrow noon it's possible to take 3.7 millions wood.

I'm not that lucky. In my game its SF to find goldmine that belongs only to you, in my game it's SF to have players with weak army and HUGE resources and in my game it would be almost if not completely impossible to brake F8
numpty
Forum Staff

The real bggest loser!!!!

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2010, 12:28:43 PM »

If you depend on your econ, you never grow, but I wake up to make opportunities.

hey steve, I dont want to get involved in this discussion, however, are you sure about the above statement?  in 3 months time I´m fairly sure you can can have an empire making 300-400k wood per hour, perhaps a whole bunch more every single day.  you can never steal as much as a massive economy can produce, never.  Either that or there are some real smart noobs that grow real high in points making 2 and 3 billion light cavalry with forts 1 and 2 everywhere....lol

I would bet that starblade, ranked number 2 right now, playing premium like I do is producing already way more than you can steal in 2 days in 1 day....

To whom is may concern, to all unhappy, disappointed, permanently complaining people:
You are not obliged to pay, neither you're obliged to play this game at all. You pay, you make your choice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: