Imperia Online International
April 27, 2024, 21:42:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You need to do something quick  (Read 6180 times)
nekodrugi
Major

« on: November 24, 2010, 12:55:29 PM »

I came to conclusion that fine balance between defense and attack is broken. IO team need to do something very fast or V5 would become very boring place.

As it is now,

1) you cant have elite units (namely trebs) but you can have fort lvl 8 or 9

2) if you want to colonize you HAVE TO HAVE centralization 10  *xxx* *xxx*

1) Person with F7 and relatively strong army would be almost unbreakable and if you don't introduce some changes soon nobody would fight. In about 1 max 2 months i would be able to build F8 and than NOBODY would be able to brake my fort. I don't need army, all i need is 5k archers.

I suggest you think over how and when Trebs could be built.

Since you can regain balance with trebs PLEASE remove centralizatoin 10 requirement for Trebs.

Also for Trebs decrease other requirements like from range attack 16 to range attack 14 or 15 max.
Drill the same from 9 to 7 or maximally 8.
Other units are not so critical.

2. I see no reason why colonization would be so hard to reach. Well i know 1 reason. Its still not ready

evil4 faster you slave programmers  evil4

*hihi*
redborg
Major

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 12:59:21 PM »

i think your right to a point.

though cats in the right numbers can destroy anything and now you can garrison them the cost needent be excessive.

your thinking like v4 but in this game heavy army can be more used.

nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 14:32:35 PM »

i think your right to a point.

though cats in the right numbers can destroy anything and now you can garrison them the cost needent be excessive.

your thinking like v4 but in this game heavy army can be more used.

Cats in the right numbers  *SHOUT*

Do the battle simulation. Put f7 or even better f8 with minimum fortification (lvl 12 i think) and ONLY 5k archers inside.

Hit it with what ever you want.

Now add some "modest army" to defend province. You would need HUGE number of catapults to brake those forts and NOBODY would be willing to spend that much of resources.
redborg
Major

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 14:42:22 PM »

why not if its the only option

i bet if they did that person could get really rich.

all those turtling farmers saving resources.

maeof
Back in Business.
Translators

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 14:44:25 PM »

Don`t. Just don`t pull everything on programmers.
That`s all what I didn't like here >.<

Anyway, I must agree with nekodrugi?
I started to slow down my attacks, because of high fortress lvls near me.
It forces me to build more army, which scares other neighboors to attack me too.

So, it`s like locked circle
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 14:46:58 PM by maeof » Logged

by Koramae.
redborg
Major

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 15:04:05 PM »

killing people isnt supposed to be easy.

i did some calcs and i dont think its all that crazy either. are we suggesting 200 cats is impossible or something i dont think it is.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 15:10:27 PM by redborg » Logged

nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 17:30:34 PM »

killing people isnt supposed to be easy.

i did some calcs and i dont think its all that crazy either. are we suggesting 200 cats is impossible or something i dont think it is.

With 200 catapults you can just look at me. With 300 cats you can just look at me.

By the time you build 400 cats (that would have a chance (very SLIM) of braking my fort) i would have HUMONGOUS army that you won't be able to kill. So those catapults won't even reach my fort.

By the time you build enough army and enough catapults to kill a farmer, any good farmer would already have f8 building or already built.

Catapults are VERY expensive and you have to build them on expense of other army. Basically you have to choose.

1. build army or
2. Build catapults

Anyway i hope our discussion on catapults would end here. Simply they are not the solution to brake f8. You do your calculations as much as you want but this is the ugly fact that they need to fix.
AlexWolf
Lieutenant

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 18:19:09 PM »

You rn't right. 1treb~2cat (very close). so trebs rn't required so much. And even 400 cats costs near 15M wood - it's income from 1-2 wars only.
steveempire
Lieutenant

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 18:25:44 PM »

Not a big deal, use your tactics and get the army going.  soldiers are supposed to die, so its not a big deal if you lose a bunch...thats what mil medicine is for.  I like players to think they are indestructable...then I bring the thunder and get rich from the millions they thought was safe inside.
AlexWolf
Lieutenant

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 18:28:45 PM »

Not a big deal, use your tactics and get the army going.  soldiers are supposed to die, so its not a big deal if you lose a bunch...thats what mil medicine is for.  I like players to think they are indestructable...then I bring the thunder and get rich from the millions they thought was safe inside.
Absolutely agree! (In addition with my above post)
numpty
Forum Staff

The real bggest loser!!!!

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 19:23:09 PM »

Absolutely agree! (In addition with my above post)

i was attacked the other day and as any decent iO player my army is rarely at home, killing innocent people and mining for change.  i left 200k stone and 50 or 60k wood in my boxed fort 6 with a relatively high fortification.  i was attacked by 20k heavy swords, 7k of other troops, 50 cats and 96 balistae.  defending i had 650 archers and 550 fat horses and i lost, but attacker had 41 morale.  had i the rest of my army at home (not too big of an army), it would have been a nice defense.  with more than 40k troops and those sieges on a fort 6 boxed with only 650 arches, the morale ended at 41.  im fairly certain that at this point in R82 a fort 8 is totally inequivocally unbreakable with level 12 fortification with i dont care how many cats you have so long as there is some army in front.....

nothing is unstoppable but by the time someone had the necessary army to run over a modest sized army defending a fort 8 i think id have fort 9 or maybe just too much army....

To whom is may concern, to all unhappy, disappointed, permanently complaining people:
You are not obliged to pay, neither you're obliged to play this game at all. You pay, you make your choice.
redborg
Major

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2010, 19:39:00 PM »

i am equaly sure noone has a level 8 fort.

nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2010, 20:43:33 PM »

i am equaly sure noone has a level 8 fort.

Dont be so sure.

IF i'm REALLY focused in 15 to 20 day's i would have fort lvl 8 (start building it).

Mind you, I'M NOT farmer so I DON'T sell iron and wood to buy stone.

IMAGINE a farmer that have ONLY one goal and that is to build f8. He would put all of his efforts in doing just that and trust me he would do it faster than 15 or 20 day's.

Now something not directly related to your previous post.

I really don't understand why some people make so easily nonsense statements. They speak of how BIG warriors they are but in essence they don't read or don't understand the trouble.

If they read carefully they would see that

"Numphy had F6 and attacker barely won the battle against ALMOST empty fort." I have boxed F7 in mountain and all you can do is crush your army over and over and over again on my walls.

Do ANY of you BIG strong and wise warriors that say F7 pffffffff i can brake it with my dick, know how much hit points F7 with good fortification have?Huh?

Did any of you tried to do ONE battle simulation.

If you did please POST HERE your simulated battle report or stop speaking bull****
redborg
Major

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2010, 20:55:42 PM »

can you retreatyour army?

or can it be killed in field battle.

i am not saying you can be killed only that their are great rewards for those whoul would build a big enough army.

imagine that guy with his fort 8 almost saved up.

very little hidden on market

very little army.

how much can you steal.

i couldnt crack a fort 6 . i dont claim otherwise but i am fairly small.

nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2010, 21:11:22 PM »

can you retreatyour army?

or can it be killed in field battle.

i am not saying you can be killed only that their are great rewards for those whoul would build a big enough army.

imagine that guy with his fort 8 almost saved up.

very little hidden on market

very little army.

how much can you steal.

i couldnt crack a fort 6 . i dont claim otherwise but i am fairly small.

My friend, one goes with another.

You can't have big army if you have weak defense. Strong defense means fewer players would dare to attack and that lead to you having BIG army.

If you fight (or if you are under attack) every day, no way you can build army big enough.

That is why farmers at the end always come up in top by net points. They don't fight so they don't lose army so they don't need to spend resources on rebuilding. If under attack they usually have STRONG fort and more than enough army to defend or to make your attack/losses not worth an effort.

I never, ever managed to get into top 50 by net points but i always manage to be in top by military points  *hihi*

By the way to answer your question.

You can't retreat your army. In field battle or pillage you can be killed and i'm LOVING IT. 

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: