Imperia Online International
March 29, 2024, 11:21:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New changes in game  (Read 2686 times)
nekodrugi
Major

« on: November 19, 2010, 15:30:12 PM »

I dont know what you think about this new changes with regard what's needed for Elite units but

I'm loving it

In old realms almost NOBODY fought with heavy units. All of use were running trough heavy to get elite and now we would see A LOT of fights with heavy units.

This improvement i fully support.

I must say i understand Sheridon frustration but by my opinion improvement in gameplay is HUGE.

P.S. Nice touch to give 100 credits to those that built elite units. Can i have 50 for wanting to build them  *hihi*
sheridon
Captain

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 16:23:49 PM »

i thing the same should be done for heavy units not just elites. heavies should be disbanded and 100 credits given to their owners. its fair game that way. 200 for elites so why not 100 or 50 for heavies, the game is still unbalanced evil3
Star Blade
Captain

Master of Disaster :P

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 16:27:15 PM »

I agree with this change as well - but from different persepctive.

Nomads don't have elite swords and pikes - so this favours their style. When Imperians get elite troops - Nomads are going to have bad time. Now it is postponed a lot into future so I think it is good change.

Btw - my poor trebs were lost - but my acc was put into vacation so nobody was able to atack me - thanks for that as well (I got a lot of resources even if I have quite big army as well).  *rose*

Edit:
i thing the same should be done for heavy units not just elites. heavies should be disbanded and 100 credits given to their owners. its fair game that way. 200 for elites so why not 100 or 50 for heavies, the game is still unbalanced evil3
*xxx* Yeah - like You will disband 75% of all armies in the Realm... (because I estimate that in whole realm 75% or more troops are heavy by now) if You propose sth please think it over before You propose sth... *sos*

I am who I am and I do what I can *bear*

R4E2 --> top1 mil; top3 net worth; 5 medals;
R5E3 --> top35 mil; top4 net worth; 3 meda
sheridon
Captain

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 16:52:59 PM »

you benefited dude, if you didnt benefit youldnt look at it like that, anyways who cares, little by little.........
Krum
Community Manager

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 17:13:45 PM »

Heavies are far far more common than elites to be removed. Like in thousands of players more common while the elites were available to really a handful of people(20-30 or so). I.e. its more probable for people with heavies to encounter other people that have heavies as well. Not the same with elites - people with elites would have encountered pretty much only people with heavies and the picture was gonna get ugly.
Star Blade
Captain

Master of Disaster :P

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 17:21:09 PM »

you benefited dude, if you didnt benefit youldnt look at it like that, anyways who cares, little by little.........

I didn't benefit. Firstly I lost 32 trebs and only got half resources back (pop was killed since it was in province with max pop). Secondly credits for army don't give me back resources I lost for disbanding because from my point of view - because Forum Stuff gets credits either way. *pardon*

The only way I benefited is the way all Nomads do (because I am Nomad) - now Imperians will have to wait longer for elite troops which makes me as a Nomad - longer stronger. So in this way - Yes - I benefited. But around 60% of other players who play Nomads benefited as well... *pardon* In comparison to You I can judge changes from the balance of the game and increasing the level of centralisation for elite troops made it possible to avoid fast switch to elite troops by Imperians and overpowering Nomads even before the middle of the era.

So from my perspective this change improved balance of the game *rose* *rose* *rose*

But how this all rules will influence Nomads-Imperians balance only future will tell... *pardon*

I am who I am and I do what I can *bear*

R4E2 --> top1 mil; top3 net worth; 5 medals;
R5E3 --> top35 mil; top4 net worth; 3 meda
nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 18:34:15 PM »

I was just about to start doing elite. Few more researches (about 1 more week) and i would have them. With this  change I have A TON more of researches to do.

BUT I LIKE IT.

Now FINALLY we would have battles and WARS with heavy units. Heavy units were the most ignored in old realms. You build just enough to defend and  RUN after elite.

Only thing that worries me are fort levels. I did all calculations and it would be DAMN hard to brake F7 with 6400 elite archers in our provinces.

With my current army that is BIG i just cant do it. And here we are speaking of provinces with NO fortification and NO researches.

Think of the dude that build F7 and have fortification 10. Who would be able to kill him with heavy units???

Most definitely i won't be able for very VERY long.
steveempire
Lieutenant

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 00:29:12 AM »

The change does look good, but its a mistake to remove cats at cent 4.  You let a player get boxed capital, but then no weapon to match...  I think if you allow the box bonus, then you need cats.  I can build fort 6 at cent 4, so you really need the cats to attack that.
sheridon
Captain

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 03:28:12 AM »

im actually stuck in the game right now. i was planning a gameplay and just like that it got blown away. my plan was to wall my mountain province and not the independent one. to do that i have to break a fortress 5 in the plains and a fortress 6 in the mountains with forest. both are loaded with heavy army including heavy cavalry. i cant do cats unless i sell my soul to the devil because i wont buy credits, so now i see no hope of colonizing until next year maybe. imagine that i have centralisation done and i cant move because because of these changes i cant break the lousy stinking forts of my own independent provinces. so i guess i`ll just build a fortress 6 cause its cheaper than catapults and wait until i get conquered and give someone my account so that they can cheat with it. evil3
crass
Captain

Power corrupts,Absolute power corrupts ABSOLUTELY

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 06:37:29 AM »

if u look battering rams actually do more damage than catapults  catapults just get to hit earlier

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: