Imperia Online International
March 29, 2024, 09:33:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hiske attack me when I was in vacation mode  (Read 7185 times)
milone
Private

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2007, 04:01:42 AM »

There are zillions of topics about online and offline times, there is pretty clear explanation why one can stay for more than 18 hours without having 6 hour break (so that one can adjust his 6 hour break to later hour than previous day - if you don't understand how important this thing is it's pointless to comment on this subject).

Think about it - if you could stay max 18 hour then you'll be forced to always have the same offline times, or to have offline time earlier - for example from 0:00 to 6:00 off /6:00 to 23:59 on ...because you'd be unable to stay more than 18 hours you'll be forced to log off at 23:59 and have the same time, or you could stay less than 18 and swithc block to earlier hours...but the next day you'll be forced to do the earlier block again, or to move it even earlier. The third possibility is to have 2 6 hour breaks for one day, just to be able to have your offline time from 1:00 to 7:00 ... For me all three options are unnecessary difficult, especially for non-zombified players. It's so so so so so much better to have the possibility to stay few hours more in order to adjust your offline time...it's good mostly for one's real life...not so much for IO gameplay, because to have constantly 23/6/23/6...is extremely hard to handle even if you're not working or going to school. You won't know when it's day and when it's night...trust me ;o I did it... it's not worth the efforts and it does not gives any superiority than having less online hours, surpising breaks...etc. It only exhaust human and leads to mistakes in army saves, forcing to have break at most active times when you'll get attacked for sure...etc ;p

and a bit more - not understaning something does not make it wrong. not putting to understand the rules of a game does not make the game defective. being kicked by players, who spent some time to read detailed explanations on specific subjects does not make them cheaters.

leila, sorry, but you are off topics
Leila
Wicked Fairy
Lieutenant

Fire & Blood!

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2007, 04:26:43 AM »

Yes, but since the entire topic is offtopic I think it's okay.
The vacation mode rule is known for ages. It's been discussed and surely will be again, because people are lazy and don't read boring forum topics about in-game stuff...instead they pay attention to useless spam threads. Or they don't open forum at all.
Of course manuals and explanations have many mistakes/are misleading/are outdated.... that's why one is even more obliged to look for changes in IO forum ;o it's likely that more informed players will take advantage from their knowledge, however this has nothing to do with cheating.  *stop*

btw think about something - how did Hiske know that you're going to activate vacation mode, so that she can decide to "abuse" this "bug"? Maybe you told her and she sent her troops, because she knew the bug. Or she sent her troops without knowing anything about your intention and it was her lucky time? I bet it was the latter...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 04:27:19 AM by Leila » Logged

I am the storm I am the wonder
And the flashlights nightmares
And sudden explosions...

I don't know what more to ask for
I was given just one wish
Hiske
Trusted Member

I want a personalized magnet! :D

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2007, 08:47:05 AM »

Because I had a nice sleep I'm actually willing to explain what happened... ok... here we go... Milone is more than 2k away from me so it takes me a lot more than 2 hours to get to him (not so high carto...I like to sleep at night *pardon*)... I send the attack and some hours later Milone went into vacation mode... I was at work so didn't even notice it so I got a message on the forum from neb saying that Milone had gone into mode... my reply to neb: 'damn...' Because I seriously thought that when a player went into vacation mode all attacks to that player would be send home immediately (hey... don't blame me... I'm still a noob *pardon*)... so anyway; neb explained to me that the attack would be continued... and it did *Smiley*

now I'd like to say 2 things about this... first of all; I'll make sure the ingame vacation mode explanation will be changed because I agree that this is not very clear... Just know that it's impossible to tell when someone goes into vacation mode so it's impossible to 'use' this; so your accusations are entirely based on nothing... the ingame vacation mode explanation should be like this: The vacation mod forbids all attacks towards your empire. If there is an attack that is already seeable from sent to your empire, even if you activate the vacation mode the attack will be completed.

second of all... I find it really strange that now you guys lost the war and some of your members got banned you start to come to the forum to accuse others... The attack on Milone was last week... if you thought this was a bug or cheating; why didn't you report it last week? It's kinda strange that there are all kinds of weird accusations right now... I thought the war we fought was awesome; a very very hard war till the last hours and one of the nicest I fought this era... why spoil it with these kind of stupid accusations? I seriously don't get it!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 09:04:05 AM by Hiske » Logged
SanQuetsal
Private

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2007, 09:13:51 AM »

wow, long argument.

IMO you both are right, The description of vacation mode is like a rule. So in the description he is right no attacks should have been completed, but since the description is wrong it was completed. I find it hard to believe that a MOD didn't know it was wrong, but you will claim ignorance is bliss, which is wrong since you are a MOD and SHOULD know this.

Nothing can really be done about it, other than changing the description and announcing it to everyone, so it's a level playing field.

Join the Armada of Ares

What enables us to go to war secures our peace
k_mihai
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2007, 09:40:23 AM »

IMO you both are right, The description of vacation mode is like a rule. So in the description he is right no attacks should have been completed, but since the description is wrong it was completed. I find it hard to believe that a MOD didn't know it was wrong, but you will claim ignorance is bliss, which is wrong since you are a MOD and SHOULD know this.

when someone enters the vac mode, it can`t be attacked, that`s automatical. the problem was that he entered vac during an ongoing attack...
Nebthe
Forum Staff

I have an attitude and I'm not afraid to use it!

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2007, 10:02:08 AM »

Oh, so you wanted what, Milone?? When Hiske found out that you're on vacation mode she should have came online and recall her attack?? She sent her attack before you entered the vacation mode so you should have sent her a message saying: "hey dear Hiske! I am planning to go on vacation mode 30 minutes from now on so there is no point in launching your attack to me!" Did you do that, my friend?? I don't think so, so you are the who did wrong here!! Now tell me: why didn't you announce Hiske about this?? Huh? Why??  *crazy*

I need a new signature, no one knows who that spanish dude is....  *Undecided*
stasy
Major

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2007, 10:30:44 AM »

It is fixed now in english version. Now It is written properly. Sorry for inconvenience

milone
Private

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2007, 11:05:55 AM »

I was at work so didn't even notice it so I got a message on the forum from neb saying that Milone had gone into mode... my reply to neb: 'damn...' Because I seriously thought that when a player went into vacation mode all attacks to that player would be send home immediately (hey... don't blame me... I'm still a noob *pardon*)... so anyway; neb explained to me that the attack would be continued... and it did *Smiley*
For everibody: Hiske and nebthe are in same alliance, and hiske and nebthe decided to continue the attack becouse they are moderators and know the wrong of vacation mode becouse read every forums, me not, it is a cheat for me and for everibody are honest people.

the ingame vacation mode explanation should be like this: The vacation mod forbids all attacks towards your empire. If there is an attack that is already seeable to your empire, even if you activate the vacation mode the attack will be completed.
this is the right description and for me it is a rule and I, also, pay for this service.

second of all... I find it really strange that now you guys lost the war and some of your members got banned you start to come to the forum to accuse others... The attack on Milone was last week... if you thought this was a bug or cheating; why didn't you report it last week? It's kinda strange that there are all kinds of weird accusations right now... I thought the war we fought was awesome; a very very hard war till the last hours and one of the nicest I fought this era... why spoil it with these kind of stupid accusations? I seriously don't get it!
easy, if you control, you can know that I joined this forum only iesterday.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 11:08:18 AM by milone » Logged
milone
Private

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2007, 11:19:35 AM »

Oh, so you wanted what, Milone?? When Hiske found out that you're on vacation mode she should have came online and recall her attack?? She sent her attack before you entered the vacation mode so you should have sent her a message saying: "hey dear Hiske! I am planning to go on vacation mode 30 minutes from now on so there is no point in launching your attack to me!" Did you do that, my friend?? I don't think so, so you are the who did wrong here!! Now tell me: why didn't you announce Hiske about this?? Huh? Why??  *crazy*

Nebthe you have to be honest, please, Hiske said that sent you a message and you replay her to continue the attack becouse you know the wrong message of the vacation mode.
You prefer to win easy, you are a cheater
Hiske
Trusted Member

I want a personalized magnet! :D

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2007, 11:25:52 AM »

Nebthe you have to be honest, please, Hiske said that sent you a message and you replay her to continue the attack becouse you know the wrong message of the vacation mode.

don't twist my words... and don't accuse people of cheating cause in this case that's really ridiculous.
Nebthe
Forum Staff

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2007, 11:29:33 AM »

Yes, Hiske sent me a message on the forum to keep an eye on you since she couldn't log in the game to watch her attack. I replied that you were on vacation mode and then she replied back that "Duck! My attack will be automatically recalled!" (not exactly with these words and yeah, i know that she used a bad word and she will be grounded for this; she will not go to a party this evening, I promise  *hihi*). Then I explained her that no attack on progress is automatically recalled when the target sets himself on vacation mode and I was even amazed about this since I have never heard anything like this before.

Now you be honest to me: did you want Hiske to log in the game and recall her attack because you set yourself on vacation mode??

PS: the description of vacation mode was wrong and it seems that no one noticed it; now it is corrected.

milone
Private

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2007, 11:30:33 AM »

Yes, but since the entire topic is offtopic I think it's okay.
The vacation mode rule is known for ages. It's been discussed and surely will be again, because people are lazy and don't read boring forum topics about in-game stuff...instead they pay attention to useless spam threads. Or they don't open forum at all.
Of course manuals and explanations have many mistakes/are misleading/are outdated.... that's why one is even more obliged to look for changes in IO forum ;o it's likely that more informed players will take advantage from their knowledge, however this has nothing to do with cheating.  *stop*

btw think about something - how did Hiske know that you're going to activate vacation mode, so that she can decide to "abuse" this "bug"? Maybe you told her and she sent her troops, because she knew the bug. Or she sent her troops without knowing anything about your intention and it was her lucky time? I bet it was the latter...

you are partizan, ofc.
It is non necessary to join the forum, I can play imperiaonline only after I readed the rule.
The forum is an area where the peopele speack about an argoment, it is not an area where the people decide the rules.
I repeat the rules are the rules for everibody, for me and for moderators ( hiske adn nebthe ).
Who decide to play and know the maleware of a action is a cheater, they win easy a war but they are cheaters, simply.
Why nobody proponed to reset that war and repeat it?
Becouse Uruk_hai ( Hiske, nebthe, desmestos and co. ) prefer to win easy and not to combact lealy
k_mihai
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2007, 11:31:01 AM »

For everibody: Hiske and nebthe are in same alliance, and hiske and nebthe decided to continue the attack becouse they are moderators and know the wrong of vacation mode becouse read every forums, me not, it is a cheat for me and for everibody are honest people.

actually, is not a cheat, since that wasn`t a rule, only a bad description. reading forums would have been a wise decision...
and, btw, vacation mode wasn`t made so that people can cowardly hide during wars...

Who decide to play and know the maleware of a action is a cheater, they win easy a war but they are cheaters, simply.
Why nobody proponed to reset that war and repeat it?
Becouse Uruk_hai ( Hiske, nebthe, desmestos and co. ) prefer to win easy and not to combact lealy

that`s hypocritical, because ur alliance had 3 members caught cheating, probably they also babysitted during that war
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 11:32:37 AM by k_mihai » Logged
milone
Private

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2007, 11:56:59 AM »

It is fixed now in english version. Now It is written properly. Sorry for inconvenience

this is the prove that I saied right.
This answere is expecially for hiske and nebthe, from now you cannot win easy more.
Nebthe
Forum Staff

« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2007, 11:58:39 AM »

Please answer to my question Milone, I answered yours.

Now you be honest to me: did you want Hiske to log in the game and recall her attack because you set yourself on vacation mode??

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: