Imperia Online International
April 19, 2024, 17:03:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6HOUR OFFLINE RULE  (Read 84026 times)
Easy007
Private

« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2008, 18:02:31 PM »

So my account has just been locked by the most ridiculous rule i have ever heard of..... "The 6h Rule"

I logged out of my account at 1.03 in the morning and logged back in at 7.50ish the following morning now apparently there is no 6h period in that time  *hmm* i can see a 6h period from 1.03 to 7.03  *crazy*

In the period i was offline i was able to have enough sleep to last my body for the whole of the next day but this isn't enough time for this game  rant

I think the rule needs amending to count minutes in a row not hours ie you need 360 minutes consecutive not 6 hours.

I shall expect my several weeks of hard saving, training and attacking to be completely undone by this daft rule. I was going to see this realm out and then with my next realm i was going to purchase credits and play the game properly.......... now if my provinces are in ruins when this stupid ban is over i may just walk away and keep my hard earned money in my own pocket and not use it to fund further progression of the game or to pay for the servers, which i note keep failing.

I hope a mod reads this and takes not as it seems i am not the only person who has these views!

Easy007, a VERY disgruntled Imperia player (for now).
Polymeron
Captain

Be the Storm

« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2008, 00:06:08 AM »

If a single 10 hour ban is enough to break your spirit, you must not like this game very much... I got it twice during my first era and once during my second, and I saw both of them through with decent achievements *Smiley*

Respect GW, or we'll see how good your AA is.
KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2008, 00:45:34 AM »

If a single 10 hour ban is enough to break your spirit, you must not like this game very much... I got it twice during my first era and once during my second, and I saw both of them through with decent achievements *Smiley*
i never got any kind of in-game ban *Smiley* (note:public chat doesn't count)  *freak*

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer. *bear*
Easy007
Private

« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2008, 13:04:29 PM »

It's more a point of principle.... i was off for 6h 50mins!!!!!!!!!!!

Upon my return i have lost 70000 troops, all my fortresses and 35000 points! all because i was offline for 50mins over the 6hours.

The ingame clock can count minutes why can't the offline rule thing?Huh?Huh?
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2008, 15:40:34 PM »

an hour offline means an hour with no activity *pardon*

I am the one and only!
SirCyan
Private

« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2008, 00:25:53 AM »

I used to play this game, just started getting into it and was 2x in a row caught by teh 6 hour thing and quit as too anoying.

Came back and had a look around, saw no mention of the 6 hour thing and went Whoopeee...

Now I find this thread. Glad I did so before I spent money this time!

I fully understand why you want accounts to have their 6 hour break, makes sense and adds to game play.

BUT... would it really really be soooo hard to instead of having a ban just hard code it so you CAN NOT LOG IN IF IT BREAKS THE RULE Surely easy to code, would save yo a lot of grief and not lose you nice money paying members.

Anyaways I'm off again. Come back in another year and see if its changed or not. Real shame as apart form this one thing you have a really good game.
raito
Lieutenant

« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2008, 01:28:21 AM »

I used to play this game, just started getting into it and was 2x in a row caught by teh 6 hour thing and quit as too anoying.

Came back and had a look around, saw no mention of the 6 hour thing and went Whoopeee...

Now I find this thread. Glad I did so before I spent money this time!

I fully understand why you want accounts to have their 6 hour break, makes sense and adds to game play.

BUT... would it really really be soooo hard to instead of having a ban just hard code it so you CAN NOT LOG IN IF IT BREAKS THE RULE Surely easy to code, would save yo a lot of grief and not lose you nice money paying members.

Anyaways I'm off again. Come back in another year and see if its changed or not. Real shame as apart form this one thing you have a really good game.

It's clear that you haven't read enough. some realms don't have the 6 hour rule.

AlexWolf
Lieutenant

« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2008, 01:30:24 AM »

It's clear that you haven't read enough. some realms don't have the 6 hour rule.
Can u post a list of realms where 6h rule don't work? R25 interest me essentially.
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2008, 01:34:32 AM »

in all v4 realms, the 6h rule doesn`t work. in r25, i tested it in the beginning

olsi
Lieutenant

« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2008, 01:46:37 AM »

So my account has just been locked by the most ridiculous rule i have ever heard of..... "The 6h Rule"

I logged out of my account at 1.03 in the morning and logged back in at 7.50ish the following morning now apparently there is no 6h period in that time  *hmm* i can see a 6h period from 1.03 to 7.03  *crazy*

In the period i was offline i was able to have enough sleep to last my body for the whole of the next day but this isn't enough time for this game  rant

I think the rule needs amending to count minutes in a row not hours ie you need 360 minutes consecutive not 6 hours.

I shall expect my several weeks of hard saving, training and attacking to be completely undone by this daft rule. I was going to see this realm out and then with my next realm i was going to purchase credits and play the game properly.......... now if my provinces are in ruins when this stupid ban is over i may just walk away and keep my hard earned money in my own pocket and not use it to fund further progression of the game or to pay for the servers, which i note keep failing.

I hope a mod reads this and takes not as it seems i am not the only person who has these views!

Easy007, a VERY disgruntled Imperia player (for now).

This rule is the best Man. I heard rumours that it will be taken away. And it's going to be very hard for non cheaters if this rule goes away. After you understand this game a little bit more, you will realize that taking away this rule, is gonna be babysitters paradise.
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2008, 01:49:30 AM »

yes, but unfortunately, admins disagree. it was removed from now in v4 realms, but one can never know how many realms will remain without those rules.

olsi
Lieutenant

« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2008, 01:54:37 AM »

yes, but unfortunately, admins disagree. it was removed from now in v4 realms, but one can never know how many realms will remain without those rules.

Mihai. Just a Curiosity. In R4 for example, If I observe someone and he is online 48 consecutive hours a day. Also print screen every hour his status. Will admins realize that this is babysitting. Cause the player is not crazy to stay 48 hours online.
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2008, 02:05:27 AM »

Mihai. Just a Curiosity. In R4 for example, If I observe someone and he is online 48 consecutive hours a day. Also print screen every hour his status. Will admins realize that this is babysitting. Cause the player is not crazy to stay 48 hours online.

well, r4 is with a 6h rule. but in general, they will reject that, already happened in GIO. we were in a war with an alliance who`s members were on 24/24 (they did smth every hour), who went in vacation all after the 3rd day or smth to keep the score. no one did anything. at that moment, i quit playing GIO (and i was one of the romanian translators of that game). ofc we made a zillion topics about the consequences of the removal of the rules, there, and here, but since no one listened, why playing under those rules, especially in alliances.... and is one of the reasons why i dislike that much v4 rules, who are copied from GIO, they can be abused with so much ease, and it seems almost everyone sees that, except the designers.

is also difficult to make screens, cause those are realms with no online stats.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 02:07:33 AM by k_mihai » Logged

olsi
Lieutenant

« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2008, 02:14:02 AM »

well, r4 is with a 6h rule. but in general, they will reject that, already happened in GIO. we were in a war with an alliance who`s members were on 24/24 (they did smth every hour), who went in vacation all after the 3rd day or smth to keep the score. no one did anything. at that moment, i quit playing GIO (and i was one of the romanian translators of that game). ofc we made a zillion topics about the consequences of the removal of the rules, there, and here, but since no one listened, why playing under those rules, especially in alliances.... and is one of the reasons why i dislike that much v4 rules, who are copied from GIO, they can be abused with so much ease, and it seems almost everyone sees that, except the designers.

is also difficult to make screens, cause those are realms with no online stats.

Thanks!
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2008, 02:51:27 AM »

Thanks!

6h rule is important cause admins here will never, or almost have enough proofs to ban someone for babysitting (which is devastating in v4, where wars tend to be based on pillages on 84 h). at least, it set some limits to that practice

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: