Imperia Online International
March 28, 2024, 16:13:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6HOUR OFFLINE RULE  (Read 82841 times)
robyalla2econda
Community Manager

« Reply #120 on: January 15, 2009, 17:20:58 PM »

If u log at 2:18 the entire hour is calculated... If u log at 2:18 or 2:59 it doesnt change...
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #121 on: January 15, 2009, 17:29:02 PM »

The six hour rule is ridiculus.  It is more like the seven hour rule.  I left the game at 2:18 in the morning local time, and loged in at 8:58 in the morning local time.  By my calculations that makes six hours and forty minutes.  But I was banned anyways when i logged in, this morning, why can't they do half hour increments or something.  Rounding up on the hour is ridiculus, because now I am banned for ten hours in the middle of a major alliance war.  How can I complain too, to get this fixed.
 Thanks

You could have waited 2 more minutes before logging in. And whenever you enter, you can see how many offline hours you have *pardon*

I am the one and only!
lame0
Sergeant

« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2009, 16:58:02 PM »

but by the time you are able to see the hour tables, it'll be too late, isn't it. won't that will count as you are online too?
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2009, 17:01:18 PM »

but by the time you are able to see the hour tables, it'll be too late, isn't it. won't that will count as you are online too?
Nope. you need to click login(i agree in older version) and that would count as activity. simply closing that window will not count as activity

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2009, 17:47:46 PM »

Nope. you need to click login(i agree in older version) and that would count as activity. simply closing that window will not count as activity

If you don't want to log in yet, don't refresh the page or it may count as activity ... instead, just close the internet page and restart anohter one *Smiley*

Deus populusque
Hanoverian
Private

« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2009, 20:19:13 PM »

Why bother with the 6 hour offline rule at all, the game rewards players who are online 18hrs a day, as that's the only way you can concentrate forces rapidly enough to defend your capital, whilst keeping the cost of maintaining an army to a manageable level by disbursing them throughout your provinces.

Either, increase the notice time to players that they are being advanced towards, or have an auto function that allows your army to concentrate and fight, I mean would an army standby and watch the province being put to the sword, for lack of instructions to the contrary..

Comments please....?

tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2009, 20:33:38 PM »

Why bother with the 6 hour offline rule at all, the game rewards players who are online 18hrs a day, as that's the only way you can concentrate forces rapidly enough to defend your capital, whilst keeping the cost of maintaining an army to a manageable level by disbursing them throughout your provinces.

Either, increase the notice time to players that they are being advanced towards, or have an auto function that allows your army to concentrate and fight, I mean would an army standby and watch the province being put to the sword, for lack of instructions to the contrary..

Comments please....?

First, 6 h offline rules forces players in R1-r4 + R10 to have 6 h brakes during day and get some rest. In other realms there isnt 6h rule. And this rule is great. atleast 6h per day you are vulnerable. With babysitting and no 6h rule, such acc are online all day, which isnt fair.
In real life, army would fight if attacked. But you cant expect to have everyting automated in IO. Then game would look like this: you create acc, in some checkbox you choose what you wish to win that era and after 4 months you see what hapend. Army is in 1 province. general sleeps and nobody told them to go to other province. How would you hit your stronger neighboor if his army would always move to province you attack. Or how would somebody save army which is undefeatable in main, boxed province but easilly killed in another. Neighboor attack other province, you are not online and system automaticly sends your troops to defeat.
You have retreat and fight options, which is more then enough.

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
maeof
Back in Business.
Translators

« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2009, 20:37:24 PM »

Comments please....?

Well 6hour offline rule, saves your eyes, cus some freaks sit opposite computer about all day.
Well it's just my oppinion.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 20:51:00 PM by maeof » Logged

by Koramae.
Console_Cowboy
e-Condottiero For Hire
Captain

« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2009, 10:53:34 AM »

Maybe I am a little thick  *freak* but what does 6HOUR OFFLINE RULE mean?  What are we talking about?  head_hurts_kr

What is a 6 hour off-line rule?  *sos* I mean in simple language.... *hmm*

1 - Am I punished if I am offline 6 consecutive hours?  (I need to be online everyday for 6 hours - against inactive accounts)

2 - Am I punished if I am online for more than 6 consecutive hours? (I need to be offline for at least 6 consecutive hours - against Bots)

3 - Does this apply always and forever - or just the first time as in the first day when I Agree? (prevent member Spam: inactive accounts/Bots)

And, it seems another related question, which bothers me is:

4 - What version realm am I in (with registration in January 2009)?  (I did not even know there were different versions until I started to see calculations using different versions and I do not know which calculation to use.)   

4 - BONUS:  A nice tie-in answer relates to version upgrades as in: Will my realm's version be upgraded automatically or am I stuck to the current version (which is what version as at today's date)?

This Might be worth a Sticky.

Cheers,
CC
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 11:02:01 AM by Console_Cowboy » Logged

Vote for MORE, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH MORE character space in MESSAGES >> Personal Notes >> Limitation?! Poll
Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2009, 10:59:38 AM »

1 - Am I punished if I am offline 6 consecutive hours?  (I need to be online everyday for 6 hours - against inactive accounts)

you need to be offline at least 6 consecutive hrs every 24 hrs

2 - Am I punished if I am online for more than 6 consecutive hours? (I need to be offline for at least 6 consecutive hours - against Bots)

nope ... as long as you respect 1)

3 - Does this apply always and forever - or just the first time as in the first day when I Agree? (prevent member Spam: inactive accounts/Bots)

all the time in Classic Realms (games using version 1, 2 or 3)
in v4 and v4a Realms, you can play 24/7 if you want

4 - What version realm am I in (with registeration in January 2009)?  (I did not even know there were different versions until I started to see calculations using different versions and I do not know which calculation to use.)   

4 - BONUS:  A nice tie-in answer relates to version upgrades as in: Will my realm's version be upgraded automatically or am I stuck to the current version (which is what version as at today's date)?

Check the News section

Maybe I am a little thick  *freak*

you are a serious candidate for a yes, but rest assured there is a plenty of similar folks around us

« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 11:13:01 AM by Starbuck » Logged

Deus populusque
Console_Cowboy
e-Condottiero For Hire
Captain

« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2009, 11:06:24 AM »

Check the News section

you are a serious candidate for a yes, but rest assured there is a plenty of similar folks around us
Great!  I would hate to be left out from the teeming masses *hahaha*

Thanks for the clarifications, Starbuck.  I didn't read through 8 pages.  I will check out the news section now.

Cheers.
CC

Vote for MORE, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH MORE character space in MESSAGES >> Personal Notes >> Limitation?! Poll
Console_Cowboy
e-Condottiero For Hire
Captain

« Reply #131 on: January 23, 2009, 11:12:27 AM »

Done. Short and Sweet answer.  Thanks again.  Karma +1

CC

mafei
Private

« Reply #132 on: January 26, 2009, 15:04:49 PM »

Oh... I think it is 6 hours off per day only, that's why I got banned yesterday and today. I missed the "consecutive".

Now, I understand.
g_samurai
Private

« Reply #133 on: January 30, 2009, 21:20:34 PM »

I"m still learning this game...

But where is this rule posted?

Are there any other rules like this I should know about?

Thanks
G_S
maeof
Back in Business.
Translators

« Reply #134 on: January 30, 2009, 21:23:13 PM »

This rule is posted at the first page of this topic.

If you wanna know more about rules, read in game manual.

by Koramae.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: