Imperia Online International
April 28, 2024, 06:23:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Archers Arrows, once again...  (Read 2911 times)
_wtf_
Sergeant

« on: November 10, 2010, 01:05:21 AM »

yup, i'm posting on this issue again.  Can i please have the explanation on why our Elite Snipers of the midevil times only go into battle with 18 shots?  I mean, it can't be because my population doesn't produce enough.  I would force them to produce a surplus of them. 
Am i the only one who thinks this is foolish?  I mean really, would you really go into ANY battle with only 18 rounds of ammo?  A great military mind once said, "Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death."  Would you send your own son into battle with 18 rounds of ammo??  EVEN against an enemy that i knew for FACT i would only need 10 rounds of ammo, i would send them with at least 20 every time!

Quote:  yovanna:  In conclusion, because topic is going to General talk style, fortress 9 can be smashed in  less than 18 rounds with just the right choice of army.

well, i only wish that i could have "just the right choice of army" in every battle i ever fight, but it doesn't always work out how you would like it to.  "Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?"

"Only The Dead Have Seen The End Of War"   Plato
crass
Captain

Power corrupts,Absolute power corrupts ABSOLUTELY

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 01:08:30 AM »

glad u re-opened the topic and not me lol just kidding my question is if archers only have 18 arrows shouldnt trebuchets and catapults also only have 18 rounds? i just got attacked and won on defence but it went 22 rounds  and whole time catapults are hittin my wall but im not able to shoot back

numpty
Forum Staff

The real bggest loser!!!!

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 01:14:46 AM »

yup, i'm posting on this issue again.  Can i please have the explanation on why our Elite Snipers of the midevil times only go into battle with 18 shots?  I mean, it can't be because my population doesn't produce enough.  I would force them to produce a surplus of them. 
Am i the only one who thinks this is foolish?  I mean really, would you really go into ANY battle with only 18 rounds of ammo?  A great military mind once said, "Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death."  Would you send your own son into battle with 18 rounds of ammo??  EVEN against an enemy that i knew for FACT i would only need 10 rounds of ammo, i would send them with at least 20 every time!

Quote:  yovanna:  In conclusion, because topic is going to General talk style, fortress 9 can be smashed in  less than 18 rounds with just the right choice of army.

well, i only wish that i could have "just the right choice of army" in every battle i ever fight, but it doesn't always work out how you would like it to.  "Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?"

18 rounds is a big battle.  i would suggest you supply your archers with toilet paper and buckets of urine, this way they can wipe their asses, stick the dirty toilet paper in the bucket of piss, light a match and from rounds 19 to 3 billion, 232 million and one fling dirty, flaming crap, piss soaked toilet papar at guardians, phalanx and cavalry, can you imagine the stench inside their 100 kg metal dressings?  they´d die from foul smell....

glad u re-opened the topic and not me lol just kidding my question is if archers only have 18 arrows shouldnt trebuchets and catapults also only have 18 rounds? i just got attacked and won on defence but it went 22 rounds  and whole time catapults are hittin my wall but im not able to shoot back

imagine on defense the pyschological effect of hurling dirty, flaming crap, piss soaked toilet papar at guardians, phalanx and cavalry?  no fortress wall would ever fall again and everything would STINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just a thought....
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 01:30:13 AM by numpty » Logged

To whom is may concern, to all unhappy, disappointed, permanently complaining people:
You are not obliged to pay, neither you're obliged to play this game at all. You pay, you make your choice.
The_Templar
Lieutenant

"Tar Anti Oist heb est"

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 01:18:39 AM »

surely the battle refers to 18 rounds of fire as opposed to 18 single shots??, look at as each archer fires 100 individual arrows per round if it makes you feel happier...granted then they are incredibly crap shots but then you can see why it would be hard to carry 1800 arrows each  *rose*

_wtf_
Sergeant

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 01:28:49 AM »

well, here is a early, i'm guessing fairly small, battle that went 22 rounds.  now what if he had lost?  imagine how mad a player might get in the fact they they would have had a Chance to win, if their archers could still shoot.  AND HIS archers were at home!!  Who runs out of ammo inside there own fort???

numpty...i'm not quoting all of what you said, but it was flipping hilarious!!

surely the battle refers to 18 rounds of fire as opposed to 18 single shots??, look at as each archer fires 100 individual arrows per round if it makes you feel happier...granted then they are incredibly crap shots but then you can see why it would be hard to carry 1800 arrows each  *rose*

if each archers fired 100 shots each round, everyone would train nothing but archers. 100 archers(1 hitpoint per arrow) = 10,000 hit points...

"Only The Dead Have Seen The End Of War"   Plato
crass
Captain

Power corrupts,Absolute power corrupts ABSOLUTELY

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 01:59:15 AM »

yeah numpty had me rollin on the floor lol

nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 03:21:53 AM »

well, here is a early, i'm guessing fairly small, battle that went 22 rounds.  now what if he had lost?  imagine how mad a player might get in the fact they they would have had a Chance to win, if their archers could still shoot.  AND HIS archers were at home!!  Who runs out of ammo inside there own fort???

Not really. So far i had at least 10 battles with over 18 rounds. I also think that it's damn stupid to have your archers in fort out of ammo.

yovanna
Community Manager

Não vale a pena ser relógio!

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 11:41:09 AM »

I think you all are trying to convince me, yourselves or whoever might be that archers shouldn't be just archers but superheros. I should be completely honest with you - I find this complaining quite groundless. Let me ask you something - how many trebuchets would you send to a Fortress 8 in version4? Because, as far as I remember my battles there I need quite a lot of trebuchets to smash an 8, so proportionally you need even more to smash an 9, right? I wrote "with the correct army" because how do you want to smash a 9 in less than 18 rounds with a poor investment in siege engines? If you're defender and you're attacked and the attacker extends the battle to more than 18 rounds, your archers stop fighting after the 18th round, yes, but, the attackers keeps shooting and killing himself to smash that damn wall with minimal results -  normally these attacks finish with a fleeing army due to low Morale, so no drama here, all fair.

Let's have a realistic look over the case (Numpty is totally right even in that hilarious way of expressing it) - imagine the size and weight of a medieval arrow, then imagine that multiplied 18 times. Do you still think archers can carry 100 arrows each? Then you need 5 more guys per archer just to carry his baggage. This is not the royal family, these are soldiers, they use what they can carry.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 11:43:17 AM by yovanna » Logged
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 12:39:12 PM »

Just to add to yovanna post. Also fortress didnt have unlimited suplies of arrows. Especially if they have a lot of garisoned archers. And in middle of battle, when enemies are on walls, i doubt archers will go and get new arrows from storage further away, they just draw swords or knives and fought  there.

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: