Imperia Online International
April 27, 2024, 17:18:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: population growth  (Read 3007 times)
_wtf_
Sergeant

« on: November 02, 2010, 12:12:40 PM »

i am so very tired zzz, so maybe the answer to this is simple and i just dont see it, but...

i would think that a province that is Plains with forest = +10% Population growth and has a population of 20k roughly, would have a Greater Population Growth per Hour, than a province that is Mountians = -20% Pop Growth per hr & has 13k population roughly.

at the moment my mountians province is growing more than 20 future slaves per hour more than my plains with forest

how does this compute?  Huh?*xxx*

edit:  if this is a bug, there is no need to rush to fix this one  *Grin*
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 12:13:59 PM by _wtf_ » Logged

"Only The Dead Have Seen The End Of War"   Plato
yovanna
Community Manager

Não vale a pena ser relógio!

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 14:15:57 PM »

Don't forget about farms. If you have more upgraded farms and consequently lower population losses in the mountains so then it's obvious you have higher growth per hour.
AlexWolf
Lieutenant

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 15:06:14 PM »

Don't forget about farms. If you have more upgraded farms and consequently lower population losses in the mountains so then it's obvious you have higher growth per hour.
Do farms really work under 100.000 population in the province? Or their effect applied only after 100K population?
yovanna
Community Manager

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 15:14:02 PM »

This 100k is only your capital bonus. Other provinces don't have it. So when your province reaches this 100k farm limit, you'll be needing farm levels so that you couldn't have negative growth.
AlexWolf
Lieutenant

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 15:28:49 PM »

This 100k is only your capital bonus. Other provinces don't have it. So when your province reaches this 100k farm limit, you'll be needing farm levels so that you couldn't have negative growth.
So we may not worry about farms until our provinces far enough from 100K population limit or not?
yovanna
Community Manager

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 16:50:08 PM »

If you're talking about the capital, than yes, you are trouble free there.
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 17:27:12 PM »

Also, keep in mind that that + 10% pop growth is actually  bonus on farms, not on actual population growth.

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
AlexWolf
Lieutenant

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 18:49:22 PM »

If you're talking about the capital, than yes, you are trouble free there.
Still not can't understand how farms works *sad*
In the game description: "Decrease population losses by 5% per level from the previous one given the bases 5400. So, the 2nd level capacity = 1st level capacity x 1,1 + 5400."
In help description: "Farm construction decreases the population losses due to shortage of food by 5% per level from the previous one, given the basis 5400 people."
Who can explain what kind shortage of food meant? There r no food as resource in the game. How farms affect population growth or death? Formula will be the best explanation *Smiley*
nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 18:59:35 PM »

In the game description: "Decrease population losses by 5% per level from the previous one given the bases 5400. So, the 2nd level capacity = 1st level capacity x 1,1 + 5400."
In help description: "Farm construction decreases the population losses due to shortage of food by 5% per level from the previous one, given the basis 5400 people."
Who can explain what kind shortage of food meant? There r no food as resource in the game. How farms affect population growth or death? Formula will be the best explanation *Smiley*

Don't know the formula but how i understand it is this

Your hour population growth is 100 for example, you lose 5% because of lack of food so your actual hour population would be 95
numpty
Forum Staff

The real bggest loser!!!!

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 19:20:41 PM »

has anyone bothered to see the price of farms in the 1st circle of provinces?  get used to negative growth in thos provs, second farm level in each exceeds 100k wood, i think farm prices are too expensive, ill feed my people weeds before i pay these prices...lol

to give you an idea in my provs i upgraded farms in mountains and in plains.  the penalty in the mountains has still disppeared cause i have no food shortages, but in the plains it lasted 24 hours or so, i again have penalties and need to make a 100k farm.  level 3 has got to cost 200k or so wood, im feeding them expensive eco-friendly foods when they should be eating grass, like cows, get em fat to die....

To whom is may concern, to all unhappy, disappointed, permanently complaining people:
You are not obliged to pay, neither you're obliged to play this game at all. You pay, you make your choice.
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 19:22:11 PM »

Its mistake left in translation, it will be fixed tomorrow.

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
_wtf_
Sergeant

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 00:44:24 AM »

Thank you!  *rose* 

Edit:  The other questions and answers in here were informative also!  thanks to all!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 00:45:41 AM by _wtf_ » Logged

"Only The Dead Have Seen The End Of War"   Plato
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: