Imperia Online International
April 27, 2024, 18:30:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You made a game TOO SLOW  (Read 8557 times)
maeof
Back in Business.
Translators

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2010, 20:42:54 PM »

If I have opposite opinion, everyone always starts to call each other farmers (not active players), that's first reason why I hate to discuss game with others. *Smiley*
Second you need to give some more interesting arguments if you want that speed upgraded.

Anyway, the game will be updating, so maybe the speed will be increased.

by Koramae.
ninke
Forum Staff

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2010, 20:49:10 PM »

ok , can be 649 in v4  also but that is not point here ....point is that 2h travel for distance  64   is toooo long .

If you make some calc 

V4 armysave 6-7h was target at  distance  3000
v5 armysave for 6-7 h is a target at distance 150

(Somewhere on forum one of admins told that 1miles in v5 = 10 miles in v4)

150 >< 3000 is not 1/10 so something is wrong here.

And yes I know carto can make difference but not soo much
nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2010, 21:22:36 PM »

If I have opposite opinion, everyone always starts to call each other farmers (not active players), that's first reason why I hate to discuss game with others. *Smiley*
Second you need to give some more interesting arguments if you want that speed upgraded.

Anyway, the game will be updating, so maybe the speed will be increased.

Sorry if i insult you. But if you ARE attacking you would IMMEDIATELY see that your army take A LONG time to reach even very close target.

What nadiaa just wrote. If you want to do army save now you send army to 150 distance (still need to check that). FORGET about targets above 200 distance. Or to be precise, you can have 1 attack per day on player that is 300 or more distant. Of course your provinces would be open for anybody to feed from it.

So at the end (when your very close targets dry out) all you would do is goldmine.

I just finished playing V4a and will never play again BECAUSE of goldmining. 99% of time in my realm i had to spend on goldmining. that's BORING. And trust me in my era i'm no noob (to be modest about my self). Era last for 360 day's so 10 or 20 damn good fights is just too little.

And reason why i didn't have more good fights is because of speed. Hours and hours and HOURS one way to get 5 gold or just miss the army.

Plain and simple.

And if i'm forced to only goldmine in this realm too i would quit. There is no fun in goldmining.

maeof
Back in Business.
Translators

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2010, 21:54:59 PM »

Well you should know that I had never played V4 or V4a, because I just hate.
I prefer 2i or v1 (Classic realms) or v5.

by Koramae.
nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2010, 23:42:25 PM »

Well you should know that I had never played V4 or V4a, because I just hate.
I prefer 2i or v1 (Classic realms) or v5.

Ahhh ok. Than we have different perspectives.

I never play v1 or 2i and have no clue how this game compare with that.
numpty
Forum Staff

The real bggest loser!!!!

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2010, 23:47:29 PM »

Ahhh ok. Than we have different perspectives.

I never play v1 or 2i and have no clue how this game compare with that.

v1 is for men, online status and 18 hours a day online, only for the dedicated... *hahaha*

To whom is may concern, to all unhappy, disappointed, permanently complaining people:
You are not obliged to pay, neither you're obliged to play this game at all. You pay, you make your choice.
nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2010, 00:10:11 AM »

v1 is for men, online status and 18 hours a day online, only for the dedicated... *hahaha*

If i'm not dedicated i don' t know who is.

My middle name is always online  *hihi*
maeof
Back in Business.
Translators

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2010, 13:35:32 PM »

The v1 or 2i  exists now just in realms 1;2;3;4 and with same design just other rules at r10x. *Smiley*

by Koramae.
Xaoc
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2010, 15:21:21 PM »

The army speeds are exactly the same as before!!! Actually the Imperians are with the speeds from before, the Nomads are a bit faster. On top of that exactly to move things a bit faster we have removed the 40 min. delay for the return trip, so now we save 40 min. per attack less than before..

What everyone is confusing here is that you are trying to compare the v4a IMs with the v5 IMs... they just have been scaled down for easier use! Just as the units have become more expensive, but everything has scaled with them as well, so the end result is just having less units to work with rather than balance change.

So, if the map was 40 000 by 40 000 before, now it is 2 000 by 2 000... so accordingly the each of the v5 miles equals 20 of the v4a miles.. (1=20) So.. whatever distances you have been calculating you have multiply them by 20 to get to the v4a distances....

On top of that, now we have the concept of Colonies outside the empires.. which effectively means you can build military bases close to your enemies from which to attack them much, much faster. Please, read the changes and concepts before start criticizing. The new version has been planned to give more opportunities for the active players to attack and play, while giving other goals for the less actives.
AlexWolf
Lieutenant

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2010, 15:24:33 PM »

Can someone from moders start a voting about the gamespeed? Not for make a decision but just for know players thought. For example "What do u think about the units' speed in r82?" with available options: 1. It's OK 2. I want 2-3 times faster. 3. I want 4-7 times faster. 4. I want 8+ times faster.
The other way as mentioned above is increasing the influence of carthography in sufficient ratio (not like now when 10 levels only doubles your speed) - i found this method cool enougр. Players should work to recieve that speed bonus. And not restrict it by strange lvl 13 wich have no any reasons.
nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2010, 15:39:05 PM »

Can someone from moders start a voting about the gamespeed? Not for make a decision but just for know players thought. For example "What do u think about the units' speed in r82?" with available options: 1. It's OK 2. I want 2-3 times faster. 3. I want 4-7 times faster. 4. I want 8+ times faster.
The other way as mentioned above is increasing the influence of carthography in sufficient ratio (not like now when 10 levels only doubles your speed) - i found this method cool enougр. Players should work to recieve that speed bonus. And not restrict it by strange lvl 13 wich have no any reasons.

I totally agree with you
nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2010, 15:48:40 PM »

The army speeds are exactly the same as before!!! Actually the Imperians are with the speeds from before, the Nomads are a bit faster. On top of that exactly to move things a bit faster we have removed the 40 min. delay for the return trip, so now we save 40 min. per attack less than before..

What everyone is confusing here is that you are trying to compare the v4a IMs with the v5 IMs... they just have been scaled down for easier use! Just as the units have become more expensive, but everything has scaled with them as well, so the end result is just having less units to work with rather than balance change.

So, if the map was 40 000 by 40 000 before, now it is 2 000 by 2 000... so accordingly the each of the v5 miles equals 20 of the v4a miles.. (1=20) So.. whatever distances you have been calculating you have multiply them by 20 to get to the v4a distances....

On top of that, now we have the concept of Colonies outside the empires.. which effectively means you can build military bases close to your enemies from which to attack them much, much faster. Please, read the changes and concepts before start criticizing. The new version has been planned to give more opportunities for the active players to attack and play, while giving other goals for the less actives.

Well i don't understand you put that as "good" thing. v4a was/is S L O W

I play IO for looong time and I KNOW how BORING this game can be. In month or two i would kill ALL i could within my reach. Actually even right now i have no more targets to attack.

Only alive players left would be good players. And that would put us in tie position.

I won't be able to attack them, they wont be able to attack me. If he move army i attack and if i move army he attack so basically our armies are at home with small parts goldmining

THATS BORING.

So what we would have is goldmining 24/7. For you maybe that's fun but for me most definitely is not.

And with regards to Colonization

Well nice idea that i'm afraid would turn to disaster.

Imagine this theoretical (read most likely) scenario. In my map i have 10 good players. We cant attack eachother so ONE of us decide to make colony far, far away.

He sent his army there and we pillage and rob him to death.

DO YOU REALLY think that would happen. Do you really think colonization would be key for better game play or we would end up having players doing colonization close enough (read VERY CLOSE) so they can defend main provinces.
yovanna
Community Manager

Não vale a pena ser relógio!

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2010, 16:53:18 PM »

http://forum.imperiaonline.org/int/index.php?topic=21623.0
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: