Imperia Online International
April 28, 2024, 00:17:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: happiness again  (Read 5823 times)
Decimus
« on: October 31, 2010, 00:48:33 AM »

there was no day without expected happines to be maximum possible (120 in main province), and there was no day whitout loosing population when recruted armies or whatever. festivals, temple bonus, fortress, etc..no help.enlight me pls???

« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 00:52:52 AM by Decimus » Logged
nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 01:04:12 AM »

there was no day without expected happines to be maximum possible (120 in main province), and there was no day whitout loosing population when recruted armies or whatever. festivals, temple bonus, fortress, etc..no help.enlight me pls???

Expected happiness is just that. EXPECTED. If you build army you lose 1 point for every time you build army so you build army 5 times you lose 5 happiness

So expected moral would be STILL 120 but REAL moral at that moment would be 115.

And now as they explained to me you need to worry more of overall moral.

When you click on that smiley face you would get a lot of data and at the bottom you would see this

"Empire's average Happiness    xxx" That number actually determine if you would lose or gain population.

More population you have less average happiness is (even if 120, 106 and 104 happiness is in your provinces)
Decimus
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 01:14:40 AM »

Expected happiness is just that. EXPECTED. If you build army you lose 1 point for every time you build army so you build army 5 times you lose 5 happiness

So expected moral would be STILL 120 but REAL moral at that moment would be 115.

And now as they explained to me you need to worry more of overall moral.

When you click on that smiley face you would get a lot of data and at the bottom you would see this

"Empire's average Happiness    xxx" That number actually determine if you would lose or gain population.

More population you have less average happiness is (even if 120, 106 and 104 happiness is in your provinces)
cool
so, at -2 happines, 2 armies slots., iv made festival, +2 happines. help , or not?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 01:15:46 AM by Decimus » Logged
redborg
Major

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 01:31:23 AM »

let me try this

you start the day with a certain happiness. say 100

you have max happy of 120

you have bonuses in that day of 20 so tomorrow it will go to 120

take of 2 minuses for army build it will go to 118.

its that expected happiness figure that is used for calculating population drift.

Decimus
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 01:33:10 AM »

let me try this

you start the day with a certain happiness. say 100

you have max happy of 120

you have bonuses in that day of 20 so tomorrow it will go to 120

take of 2 minuses for army build it will go to 118.

its that expected happiness figure that is used for calculating population drift.
ok, so you say that festival is useless.
nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 03:10:27 AM »

ok, so you say that festival is useless.

NO

Festival is good to fix happiness.

BUT

read my post. What is important is overall happiness NOT only happiness in one province (unless you don't have only one province)
Decimus
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 03:13:35 AM »

NO

Festival is good to fix happiness.

BUT

read my post. What is important is overall happiness NOT only happiness in one province (unless you don't have only one province)
so, i dont get it, if i recrut from prov 1, -2 hapinnes, how do I fix it?
nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 03:20:59 AM »

wall

When you recruit and if you want to fix happiness start festival. It WILL fix happiness BUT what is important is your overall happiness.

I mark it with red box.

It works this way, game compare average happiness with one player that have similar points like you do, if your is lower you lose population, if your is higher you get. Simple

Now why your average happiness could be lower is because in other provinces you dont have maximum happiness OR because you have bigger population.

If all provinces have maximum happiness you cant do much to improve average happiness

Pfff i just realized i have to build some lumber mill or my population would decrease.
Decimus
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 03:22:00 AM »

wall

When you recruit and if you want to fix happiness start festival. It WILL fix happiness BUT what is important is your overall happiness.

I mark it with red box.

It works this way, game compare average happiness with one player that have similar points like you do, if your is lower you lose population, if your is higher you get. Simple

Now why your average happiness could be lower is because in other provinces you dont have maximum happiness OR because you have bigger population.

If all provinces have maximum happiness you cant do much to improve average happiness

Pfff i just realized i have to build some lumber mill or my population would decrease.
DO YOU READ TE POST QUESTION?Huh?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 03:23:11 AM by Decimus » Logged
crass
Captain

Power corrupts,Absolute power corrupts ABSOLUTELY

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 03:22:47 AM »

festivals can help to supplement happiness if u dont gain enough per day to cover all of the negatives uve had for that day in preperation for the next day exsample  ure happiness is 115 lets say due to what ever reasons and with bonus's and tax taken into account  u gain +3 happiness a day so ure expected happiness for next cycle would show 118  so your still 2 short of 120(single province exsample) well by using a festival u can jump your current happiness from 115 to 117 with a +2 festival so then at the next recalc  u stiill gain the +3 at calc so now your at 117 u get +3 and ure at 120

Decimus
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2010, 03:25:48 AM »

festivals can help to supplement happiness if u dont gain enough per day to cover all of the negatives uve had for that day in preperation for the next day exsample  ure happiness is 115 lets say due to what ever reasons and with bonus's and tax taken into account  u gain +3 happiness a day so ure expected happiness for next cycle would show 118  so your still 2 short of 120(single province exsample) well by using a festival u can jump your current happiness from 115 to 117 with a +2 festival so then at the next recalc  u stiill gain the +3 at calc so now your at 117 u get +3 and ure at 120
know that....do you rad the entire question? stop telling me that festials do the job, when im telling  that with festivals etc etc...
Koramae
Lieutenant

Everybody lies.

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2010, 03:30:15 AM »

Start a festival  *hihi*

DO YOU READ TE POST QUESTION?Huh?

It`s hard to understand tbh...you`re saying you lost pop even if you had max happiness?  What neko is trying to say is that if you annexed, the other provinces happiness might lower the empire`s average. Also, the expected happiness only refers to the current province, not to the entire empire.

I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I found MMORPGs *pardon*
Decimus
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2010, 03:36:47 AM »

Start a festival  *hihi*

It`s hard to understand tbh...you`re saying you lost pop even if you had max happiness?  What neko is trying to say is that if you annexed, the other provinces happiness might lower the empire`s average. Also, the expected happiness only refers to the current province, not to the entire empire.
i know, the problem is that with festivals , fortress upgrade, vassals at 0 tax, etc, etc, as soon as I have  a minus(one slot ) , i loose workers. is like the hapiness that i add with festivals and other ways do not count.
nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2010, 03:37:09 AM »

Start a festival  *hihi*

Thanks man. I gave up explaining. I even gave him screenshoot and he still don't understand

wall wall wall wall wall
nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2010, 03:39:14 AM »

i know, the problem is that with festivals , fortress upgrade, vassals at 0 tax, etc, etc, as soon as I have  a minus(one slot ) , i loose workers. is like the hapiness that i add with festivals and other ways do not count.

they count but you need to choose time carefully when you would build the army. I don't know when server does calculation so if you build army at that exact moment your happiness would affect server decision.

But one more time. average happiness is what counts. AVERAGE is determining if you are getting or losing happiness.

How many provinces you have???
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: