Imperia Online International
March 28, 2024, 14:20:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: noob question on medals  (Read 7170 times)
samyoboy
Colonel

I'm a busy man

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 04:21:41 AM »

Well not really 

It is NOT a simple task to get a medal and not to say 5 or 10

SO

Only fools (read noobs) go after players with higher number of medals. Same rational goes for military points.

You see somebody have sky high Mil points and you won't attack (unless you are also damn good player and in war)

So suggestion to Crass.

When you see player with a lot of medals pray you are not interesting to him. DON'T spy and don't take his attention. Trust me on this. In every era i get 5 to 10 medals and i know how i choose my targets.

If you are under my radar stay under my radar or I would come and you wont have much chances. The same goes for every other warrior player.

you could have said this in fewer words. This quote sums it up nicely. Short and sweet.

The only bonus they give is an ego boost   *SPRUSE_UP*

In truth medals show bigger battles. But especially in classic realms the players not to tangle with are 1's with high honor. As this means they are fight on more equal ground.
And if you want to be good fight the best you don't get better by avoiding good players but by taking them on. *wink*
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 04:24:21 AM by samyoboy » Logged

THERE IS METHOD BEHIND MY MADNESS 
redborg
Major

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 11:49:36 AM »

I played in V4 and had 4 medals now..  Perhaps I will not last long, but Im proud that I did not played Farmville in IO.   My enemies around me gave me a month to live.. 2 months has passed, Im still alive and kicking and tormenting them..  If you get a medal in the 1st month of the game, thats a lame medal... but if you gained the medal late in the game, give the guy some credit for having some courage

hey i had a million point medal once.

what i was saying is in v4a early big fights are rarely economically viable.

take ukraina alliance in realm 5 now. lots of medals first 3 months not all dead.

Batista
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 12:54:34 PM »

Medals lost their value on V4A because there are a lot of players which do not make army at the beginning - some just make 200 archers just for defence and keep them in fortress and thats all. If you want to get a medal at start you need to make 1000 archers as soon as possible (it is a secure way because noone will take out 200 archers out from fortress to loose a battle) or 1000 spearmen (but if someone takes out his archers ...  *black_eye*) and just send a field battle or pillage if you can. Last year I played 26th realm just to learn how to play IO ... 16 medals in 6 months and I stayed in TOP 15 all the time which was a good result I think (for a noob  *hihi*). There were no good enemies so I have given my account to someone else. Later on I played on 13th realm because when I was playing they said that it is a more interesting and harder world ... so I played ... finishing TOP1 eco, TOP2 mil, TOP3 honor and i collected 12 medals. After winning 13th realm I had some credits so I started to play again ... 13 medals in less then 4 months and I had to quit something about a month ago because of V5. The second time I started to play 13th realm I could collect about 10 medals in 2 days just at start - I only managed to get 5 because one player took out 20 swordsmen out of his fortress on the second day. If this player had not those swordsmen I would have 18 medals in just 4 months (more than 1 month without premium and bonus production for credits). On V5 collecting medals will be a little bit easier at start I think but it can be harder later on because some players just attack their side provinces for resources now and do not make huge armies. It is always easier to attack a side province - people get more resources and they do not risk at all from such an attack and they do not need to keep quite a huge army. If you attack an active player he can run or just take out some army to defend himself ...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 15:35:07 PM by Batista » Logged
The_Templar
Lieutenant

"Tar Anti Oist heb est"

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 14:54:07 PM »

The second time I started to play 13th realm I could collect 10 medals in 2 days just at start - I only managed to get 5 because one player took out 20 swordsmen out of his fortress on the second day. If this player had not those swordsmen I would have 18 medals in just 4 months

i rest my case

beicumine
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4yrjz_inner-circle-bad-boys_music
Major

just me a simple player!!!

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2010, 18:33:26 PM »

medals are good..encourage peoples to fight or to be respected mroe or less ...also can have reverse to be most hunted *Smiley*))....
Hurricane
Sergeant

Nemo me impune lacessit.

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2010, 15:19:09 PM »

hey i had a million point medal once.

what i was saying is in v4a early big fights are rarely economically viable.

take ukraina alliance in realm 5 now. lots of medals first 3 months not all dead.

Im a little bit confused.   Lots of medals first 3 months...  Is it "not all dead"  or "NOW ALL DEAD"...   *hahaha*  If after 3 months they are DEAD with plenty of medal, as I said those medals means nothing..."   And yes in V4A, early big fights are rarely economically viable because most players chose to reserve the big fights when they have completed there elite troops... But I guess I do not want to play Farmville in the first 2 to 3 months of the game...  *hahaha* *hahaha* *hahaha* *freak*

In the Warrior's Code - There's No Surrender
nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2010, 21:56:32 PM »

Im a little bit confused.   Lots of medals first 3 months...  Is it "not all dead"  or "NOW ALL DEAD"...   *hahaha*  If after 3 months they are DEAD with plenty of medal, as I said those medals means nothing..."   And yes in V4A, early big fights are rarely economically viable because most players chose to reserve the big fights when they have completed there elite troops... But I guess I do not want to play Farmville in the first 2 to 3 months of the game...  *hahaha* *hahaha* *hahaha* *freak*

I ALWAYS have respect for players with medals. As time pass it's harder and harder to win a medal and you need to lose more and more army. More of all it is proof you know how to play.

Mind you i'm not speaking of medals won early in the game or at the end when "farmers" wake up.

So when i see person with 5 or 6 medals i think twice should i attack them or not. Unless we are in war i don't go against player with a lot of medals.

I had 8 medals in last era and very few of players dare to attack me. They all knew it's useless. If i'm stronger it's VERY big chance they would loose army and if i'm not stronger retaliation is guaranteed.

Hurricane
Sergeant

Nemo me impune lacessit.

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2010, 03:40:39 AM »

I ALWAYS have respect for players with medals. As time pass it's harder and harder to win a medal and you need to lose more and more army. More of all it is proof you know how to play.

Mind you i'm not speaking of medals won early in the game or at the end when "farmers" wake up.

So when i see person with 5 or 6 medals i think twice should i attack them or not. Unless we are in war i don't go against player with a lot of medals.

I had 8 medals in last era and very few of players dare to attack me. They all knew it's useless. If i'm stronger it's VERY big chance they would loose army and if i'm not stronger retaliation is guaranteed.

The quote was from redborg and I misquoted myself... Im new on this Forum thing -  A Noob.. *hahaha* *hahaha* *hahaha*  When people see medals, most are intimidated.. And I checked my stats, most of the attacks are indeed from wars and from former acquaintances who wants to have their revenge...  Only one succeed - by employing a Hired Gun *sos* *sos* *sos*..  Cant take my army asked assistance his countrymen.. Damned I lost plenty of soldiers there..  BTW, if you are stronger and someone attacks you, he does not intend to hit your army or if he hit your army, that makes that player a fool.   If someone stronger hits you because of those shining medals,   *bravo* *bravo* *bravo* that's just to boost his ego but and that win  means nothing   *gamer* *gamer* *gamer*

nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2010, 14:02:03 PM »

The quote was from redborg and I misquoted myself... Im new on this Forum thing -  A Noob.. *hahaha* *hahaha* *hahaha*  When people see medals, most are intimidated.. And I checked my stats, most of the attacks are indeed from wars and from former acquaintances who wants to have their revenge...  Only one succeed - by employing a Hired Gun *sos* *sos* *sos*..  Cant take my army asked assistance his countrymen.. Damned I lost plenty of soldiers there..  BTW, if you are stronger and someone attacks you, he does not intend to hit your army or if he hit your army, that makes that player a fool.   If someone stronger hits you because of those shining medals,   *bravo* *bravo* *bravo* that's just to boost his ego but and that win  means nothing   *gamer* *gamer* *gamer*

Well it doesn't go that way.

If i'm stronger means, player X spied me and track my movements for day. He do calculation and confirm that he is stronger and that he can kill (battle simulation) me so he attack.

I always hide some army and always have army in barracks so player X calculation can be also wrong depending on his army size.

So if i'm stronger i defend and kill him and if i'm not i go and retaliate.

Now the reason why somebody would go after you is not because of medals than because you are enemies or you are too close to him and pose a threat to him or because you are too rich . . . . .

Hurricane
Sergeant

Nemo me impune lacessit.

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2010, 13:23:56 PM »

Well it doesn't go that way.

If i'm stronger means, player X spied me and track my movements for day. He do calculation and confirm that he is stronger and that he can kill (battle simulation) me so he attack.

I always hide some army and always have army in barracks so player X calculation can be also wrong depending on his army size.

So if i'm stronger i defend and kill him and if i'm not i go and retaliate.

Now the reason why somebody would go after you is not because of medals than because you are enemies or you are too close to him and pose a threat to him or because you are too rich . . . . .

When I make battle calculations, I always make some allowances in the event that my prey has hidden armies as well as advantage in Military Researches..  So when I say Stronger, I mean Stronger, not only in numbers but also in the quality of Units... So if you only have Phalanxes and your enemies has Protectors, Good Luck... *hahaha* *hahaha*

Defend when you can overcome, if you can not, then counter attack.. Smart Move...

If your filthy rich, your a target.  If you poses a threat, your also a target. Thats logical.  So would you like to be within 1000 radius of a player who has plenty of medals (which only eans he is militarily active)?   If I am that player, I will consider that player a threat and If I could dispose him I will do.  And besides, soon I need 800,000 iron for Armor 14, hiding that in the market would be quite expensive...  *hahaha* *hahaha* *hahaha*

nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2010, 14:00:34 PM »

When I make battle calculations, I always make some allowances in the event that my prey has hidden armies as well as advantage in Military Researches..  So when I say Stronger, I mean Stronger, not only in numbers but also in the quality of Units... So if you only have Phalanxes and your enemies has Protectors, Good Luck... *hahaha* *hahaha*

Defend when you can overcome, if you can not, then counter attack.. Smart Move...

If your filthy rich, your a target.  If you poses a threat, your also a target. Thats logical.  So would you like to be within 1000 radius of a player who has plenty of medals (which only eans he is militarily active)?   If I am that player, I will consider that player a threat and If I could dispose him I will do.  And besides, soon I need 800,000 iron for Armor 14, hiding that in the market would be quite expensive...  *hahaha* *hahaha* *hahaha*

I'm expecting my first medal  *hihi*
Hurricane
Sergeant

Nemo me impune lacessit.

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2010, 14:05:00 PM »

Nice  *hahaha* *hahaha*  The First is Always the Most Difficult..  The Second.. Its Luck.. After that it becomes a Habit evil4
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 14:16:14 PM by Hurricane » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: