Imperia Online International
April 16, 2024, 07:46:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: noob question on medals  (Read 7192 times)
crass
Captain

Power corrupts,Absolute power corrupts ABSOLUTELY

« on: October 30, 2010, 22:49:26 PM »

what are the medals next to some peoples names, how do u get them, and do they do anything i.e. give  u bonus or anything?

Koramae
Lieutenant

Everybody lies.

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 23:11:50 PM »

You get those medals for winning the bloodiest battle of the day(most losses on both sides). The only bonus they give is an ego boost   *SPRUSE_UP*

I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I found MMORPGs *pardon*
crass
Captain

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 23:17:41 PM »

cool thx

nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 23:32:02 PM »

The only bonus they give is an ego boost   *SPRUSE_UP*

Well not really 

It is NOT a simple task to get a medal and not to say 5 or 10

SO

Only fools (read noobs) go after players with higher number of medals. Same rational goes for military points.

You see somebody have sky high Mil points and you won't attack (unless you are also damn good player and in war)

So suggestion to Crass.

When you see player with a lot of medals pray you are not interesting to him. DON'T spy and don't take his attention. Trust me on this. In every era i get 5 to 10 medals and i know how i choose my targets.

If you are under my radar stay under my radar or I would come and you wont have much chances. The same goes for every other warrior player.
Koramae
Lieutenant

Everybody lies.

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 23:40:41 PM »

So they`re a "don`t bother me" sign?  *hihi*  Ego boost it is *Tongue* I never said that the people who have medals are bad players, i just said they give no bonus *Smiley*

redborg
Major

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 23:53:57 PM »

people with lots of medals at the start in v4 rarely last.

v5 may be different.

nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 00:04:47 AM »

v5 may be different.

That's truth for V4 because if you start fighting early in the game you lose economic battle. In V4 i don't remember i saw big battles or wars with heavy units (not to mention light). Everybody rush to Elite and THAN you can see some fights. Wars only later in the era.

But in V5 i want to fight more from beginning. I want to attack active players PACKED with resources. I collect MORE than what i lose so i can rebuild army AND do some other things.

I must say, so far i like V5
crass
Captain

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 02:56:49 AM »

thx for answers  wasnt even thinkin of hittin one lol just see them on peoples names and was wondering what they were

The_Templar
Lieutenant

"Tar Anti Oist heb est"

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 03:03:55 AM »

the medals have lost their status to most players, I mean a player can earn for example 5 medals in a day!! sometimes and often more, AND/OR several players can earn several medals each on the same day...

for example early in the game players tend to pillage with 1000 troops as soon as they can, 1000 troops attacking a province with no army does the same damage regardless of what troops type sent, so if 5 or 6 players send 5 or 6 1000 troop pillages on the same day (AND there IS NOT a battle resulting in higher points occurring on that day) then ALL the players with earn a medal for each attack because they have all TIED the highest battle of the day

playes with medals early in the game are pussies, do not fear them, however if your going economy to start capitulate to them, then take them out later  *Angry*

crass
Captain

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 03:09:23 AM »

love the idea thx  *ok*

sheridon
Captain

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2010, 03:14:26 AM »

i saw a blue medal in v5 whats up with that?
Hurricane
Sergeant

Nemo me impune lacessit.

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2010, 03:17:04 AM »

v5 may be different.

I played in V4 and had 4 medals now..  Perhaps I will not last long, but Im proud that I did not played Farmville in IO.   My enemies around me gave me a month to live.. 2 months has passed, Im still alive and kicking and tormenting them..  If you get a medal in the 1st month of the game, thats a lame medal... but if you gained the medal late in the game, give the guy some credit for having some courage

In the Warrior's Code - There's No Surrender
Koramae
Lieutenant

Everybody lies.

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2010, 03:18:42 AM »

i saw a blue medal in v5 whats up with that?
the tooltip said 5 medals  hmmm

The_Templar
Lieutenant

"Tar Anti Oist heb est"

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2010, 03:21:06 AM »

Absolutely Hurricane, agree totally, medals early on dont really mean much but later in the game they become very hard to get with all the battles and larger armies participating, respect to players who 'earn' their medals the hard way!

Hurricane
Sergeant

Nemo me impune lacessit.

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2010, 03:21:51 AM »

the medals have lost their status to most players, I mean a player can earn for example 5 medals in a day!! sometimes and often more, AND/OR several players can earn several medals each on the same day...

for example early in the game players tend to pillage with 1000 troops as soon as they can, 1000 troops attacking a province with no army does the same damage regardless of what troops type sent, so if 5 or 6 players send 5 or 6 1000 troop pillages on the same day (AND there IS NOT a battle resulting in higher points occurring on that day) then ALL the players with earn a medal for each attack because they have all TIED the highest battle of the day

playes with medals early in the game are pussies, do not fear them, however if your going economy to start capitulate to them, then take them out later  *Angry*

I agree with you that people who have medals early in the game are pussies... However, capitulation has been the most abused tool in IO.. The white flags indicating capitulation should bear a number which signify the number of times a player has capitulated.. Damn I have seen players who has capitulated for more than 1 month..  

In the Warrior's Code - There's No Surrender
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: