Imperia Online International
March 29, 2024, 09:47:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travel time increased alot!  (Read 3374 times)
AlexWolf
Lieutenant

« on: October 28, 2010, 12:08:40 PM »

What happened? Is it a bug or new rules? Why the same or near distance this morning have required 1h in one way and now twice as minimun? There still no time calculator in the game. How we can estimate the time required for the mission?
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 12:09:59 PM »

There are news in game.
Travelling time is adjusted to fit the unit descriptions and description in How to play. Till now travelling time from alfa test realm was used.

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
AlexWolf
Lieutenant

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 12:33:34 PM »

There are news in game.
Travelling time is adjusted to fit the unit descriptions and description in How to play. Till now travelling time from alfa test realm was used.
Damned! It change gameplay from head to tail. Now we lost most of our targets and era of farmers started. We unable to attack even in 100-200 range for hiring resources becuse it takes away near 2h in one way. So will forced to farm our independent provinces and gold coins when they'll appear. Btw how we can find them? I was the first who voted for excluding coins from the game because it is another kind of farming. But u pull as back to farmering again and again. Why we can erasing the enemy alliance castle upto zero but not the same with the other player? Because most Bulgarians playing some or another kind of farmer strategy and it is not approapriate for them. Every changes in rules of this game (till last 3 year) was changed in direction of farming!!! I was hope for better in this new rules, but all still the same: stupid farming and army saves. Noone can't catch noone active enough. Just because we haven't any possibility for this now again *sad* Travian looks better and better on this screen!
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 12:38:22 PM »

Why you cant kill anybody?? Its much easier now if you wish. You have 6 h off, if he leaves army, he is dead. If he make army sava and you attack his main province, he dont have anymore gold. So his army is trapped for long time, unless he dont bring enough gold with his army. But its easier to trap him now then in V4. If you wish to have big army, you need economy. In all games its like that. You must have economy.

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
AlexWolf
Lieutenant

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 13:12:26 PM »

Why you cant kill anybody?? Its much easier now if you wish. You have 6 h off, if he leaves army, he is dead. If he make army sava and you attack his main province, he dont have anymore gold. So his army is trapped for long time, unless he dont bring enough gold with his army. But its easier to trap him now then in V4. If you wish to have big army, you need economy. In all games its like that. You must have economy.
There r tales for noobs. Now all farmers able again to send their armies away over 6h offline time. Now we forced again do it every time before 6h offline time have started. Entering into the game 1h before your army return was always enough to correct your gold balance. Who played before that know it.  We clear all provinces from gold at alot of enemy players. But we have only several succeeded story entire the realm time (I mean 1 year relms) and mostly because of opponent's problems. 5-10 hours lag kill all in this game. U really unable gather resources from real players on that time distances. Only gold coins are available for us. Is farming of gold coins the way of warrior? But it is common point for most players because gold coins present in the game and gave the oppotunity for farmers' growth. Alot time ago was x5 or x10 rule that prohibit attack too small coins. But the best way - take out that coins at all. And make a conditions to attack real players (fast time of moving was a good reason for attacking real players). It was risky but interesting. Not like now when we will spend alot of time for nothing when farmers will harvest and harvest defendless goldmines!
mariuscl77
Lieutenant

NOVICE

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 14:02:54 PM »

In v4, 1IM has been cross in 4.5 sec with speed coefficient 1
Now, according to unit description,
80IM are crossed in 60 seconds with speed coefficient 1 (havy spearmen nomads)
(1IM are crossed in 0,75 seconds with speed coefficient 1)
That means, for the same distance that nomad are 6times faster...
Can you detailed, please, how it's calculated?
yovanna
Community Manager

Não vale a pena ser relógio!

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 14:20:12 PM »

Speed is the same. Logic is the same. It's just that map is 10 times smaller and so is the speed. In v4 max distance can be 20 000, here it's 2000. So traveling is practically the same - smaller distance, lower speed, proportionally.
mariuscl77
Lieutenant

NOVICE

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 14:45:01 PM »

Speed is the same. It's just that map is 10 times smaller and so is the speed. In v4 max distance can be 20 000, here it's 2000. So traveling is practically the same - smaller distance, lower speed, proportionally.

That means 1 IM in v5 is 10 times longer then 1 IM from v4 normal? Or what?
nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 15:00:39 PM »

I must agree with alexwolf

You killed FUN factor in this game by making units MUCH slower.

I enjoyed A LOT in this game till now mainly because i was not limited with distance too much. I see target in 300 distance or 400 distance and i go after him. Also I could defend my members and revenge for any attack on my members (and i did it with pleasure) and now that's impossible. As always (that's my luck) most of members of my alliance are over 300 distance.

By the way, i must say that unless you don't fix few things in game now you gave TOO MUCH power to farmers.

The fact that EVERY time we attack we risk much more than in old realm need to be fixed. In old realm i could assess if defending player is setting trap to me, i had all info i needed to make good assessment and now things went upside down.

Now i spy but NO WAY i can know if player have ANY army if i don't see it. I cant monitor gold drop, i can't assess army size from how fast he burn gold.

We don't have rumors so we can't track down player and record when he hit his target and how many times he hit some target. We don't have info on player honor to monitor if he retreat (well unless we don't open multiple screens)

Also you made Imperians archers and forts damn strong. I did simulation today and with 8 rams and 1010 swords (plus other army) against 220 archers i lost over 400 swords !!!!!

If i go against nomads i lose maximum 200 against MUCH bigger army.

yovanna
Community Manager

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 16:14:02 PM »

That means 1 IM in v5 is 10 times longer then 1 IM from v4 normal? Or what?

Yes.
ninke
Forum Staff

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 16:59:02 PM »

I  can understand both reactions about new armyspeed ..yes I like the short attack times very much but am smart enough to understand  that will be hard to play . But now traveltimes become really long .

Is it not possible to find solution that farmes and fighters like ??

P.e. :   make  1 miles in version 5 = 5 miles in old version . This way all still can do armysave but game stay more challenging for fighters .
redborg
Major

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 17:23:02 PM »

i agree the stupid sized realms in v4 is one of the main issues with it.

halfing the realm size would make it far better i feel.

AlexWolf
Lieutenant

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 20:34:46 PM »

Short time of challenges makes some problems with armysaves, but without goldmines it is too costly kill everyone without real reasons. Essentially if nobody can be in safe during the offline time. I was hope that diplomacy will born in it real sence - all will pointed to find balance between friends and enemies. But now with overnight armysave the only strategy will used - I wil do all that I want and nobody can take me down because my army not at home AND(!) nobody can't do nothing with my defendless empire. The only antifarmer method - pillaging- have so many restrictions that not really in use (pending in honor, long time between next allowed etc) So farming, farming and farming again, again and forever! Where is the fun now?
redborg
Major

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 21:13:44 PM »

Short time of challenges makes some problems with armysaves, but without goldmines it is too costly kill everyone without real reasons. Essentially if nobody can be in safe during the offline time. I was hope that diplomacy will born in it real sence - all will pointed to find balance between friends and enemies. But now with overnight armysave the only strategy will used - I wil do all that I want and nobody can take me down because my army not at home AND(!) nobody can't do nothing with my defendless empire. The only antifarmer method - pillaging- have so many restrictions that not really in use (pending in honor, long time between next allowed etc) So farming, farming and farming again, again and forever! Where is the fun now?

this i sort of agree with i though we were going to have a proper war game here but we are moving to a farming game to much i think.

but its to early to be sure.

yovanna
Community Manager

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 09:57:25 AM »

i agree the stupid sized realms in v4 is one of the main issues with it.

halfing the realm size would make it far better i feel.

When you are at one side of the barrier is one thing, but when you're at the other everything changes. When the game doesn't allow you to travel 20 minutes to loot the neighbor, it's a drama, but  when it doesn't allow your enemy to attack you without previous announce, it's ok. Nothing is a one way street. Please think in a globally. Speed and distance is not such a disaster.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: