Imperia Online International
April 28, 2024, 13:00:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Imperians vs Nomads ...  (Read 7376 times)
Batista
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 20:24:11 PM »

You are speaking about an advantage of imperians so tell me one thing: in which point of game imperians gain advantage? It should be an easy question if you are so sure that such point exists.

Such point could be after anexing 13 or 14 provinces (of 19) but I wouldn't be so sure. Maybe an imperian could have 250.000 population in first and second anexed province because of higher max population, 200.000 in third, 170.000 in 4th and so on ... nomads on the other hand would have 200.000 people in at least 7 or 8 provinces because of higher population bonus. Untill a nomad has 19 anexed provinces nothing will change - he will still have an advantage over an imperian. Next thing ... I do not belive that an imperian will have as many provinces as a nomad because if you have more populaton you gain more resources for reserches faster. If you want to wait until few players have 19 provinces just to prove that you are right I wish you a lot of luck. 19 provinces = sth. about 6 months? More? Less? I hope that you know what you are writting here and in some point an imperian will have the advantage over a nomad but if I'm right ... let me think ... 6 months of testing will turn into a lost time?

fragmaster
Forum Staff

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 20:46:08 PM »

i know what i am talking : a)there is no profit from attacks forever , b) u cant slow down my build order enaugh to hurt research queue after certain point,which is 75 days maybe tops.Other than that ,i am adept guerrilla player ,i make splits on ppl with light soldiers on high forts when they dont expect me ,and any theory of "fake offlines" just isnt working well in general,coz i smell no-lifers and avoid them,and even if u are waiting for me ,i will know u are waiting.and even it sometimes fails,damage is minimal,chances are very rare ( i would say i lose attack in splits once in 200-400 attacks) .advantage in guerilla play is that it doesnt require any army supremacy over enemy to cripple him ,and make profit.maintaining research queue ,and feeding on always present non-veterans ,is surely enaugh to fulfill every plan i make.anyway 6 months isnt deadline for what i claimed ,and problem with u requesting me concrete days and numbers is that its unsolvable equation with dozens of players around.best heuristic u make can fail,but i know i wouldnt fail in eventual overgrowing all nomads

crass
Captain

Power corrupts,Absolute power corrupts ABSOLUTELY

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 21:25:28 PM »

there is no 6 hour offline time in v5 is there i dont remember reading there was

fragmaster
Forum Staff

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 21:47:35 PM »

yes there is as soon as u fill 1000 nw ,clock will tick

crass
Captain

Power corrupts,Absolute power corrupts ABSOLUTELY

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 22:53:40 PM »

i thought the babysitting option thing was in place of the 6 hour off time.  maybe eliminating the centralization requirement off of farms  for imperians could help balance it a bit              p.s.
yes there is as soon as u fill 1000 nw ,clock will tick
whats  nw?                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 23:14:52 PM by crass » Logged

Koramae
Lieutenant

Everybody lies.

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2010, 23:57:31 PM »

net worth points

I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I found MMORPGs *pardon*
steveempire
Lieutenant

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2010, 07:01:12 AM »

Nomad advantage pt 2

2:1 advatage in numbers starts to really mean trouble once defense and attack research starts to kick in.  if you have 100 hps for 1 imperian against 2 nomads 50 hp and 5 defense research each, The nomads end up with 10 extra defense and the imperian gets only 5... for the same money.  Guess who is going to win the battle???

I cant see how imperian would have fun after 6 months...you would spend all your time on your back after getting worked... no disrespect to my confident friend  *hmm*

fragmaster
Forum Staff

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2010, 08:32:15 AM »

armor doesnt add hit points,it reduces enemy attack ,so as long as researches are same,its like u have 0 0 0  ,not counting wall damage and garnison archers modifiers

shurman
Sergeant

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2010, 09:30:09 AM »

what about lass elites for nomads and more for imperians, spearman and swordsman elites are not available for nomads , isn't it advantage for imperians?
sheridon
Captain

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2010, 15:05:33 PM »

i think v5 failed....... i quit.
steveempire
Lieutenant

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2010, 17:37:24 PM »

Sheridon you quitter!  Participate, make the game great.

armor doesnt add hit points,it reduces enemy attack ,so as long as researches are same,its like u have 0 0 0  ,not counting wall damage and garnison archers modifiers

Sorry fragmaster you are correct in the language.  My point was 3,3,3 would, under the old system make nomad attack 16 (2X (5+3) and imperian attack 13 (10 +3), so imperian attack reduction would have been 3, taking 13 (16-3) damage on attack from 2 nomads and the nomad attack reduction would be 6, taking 7 (13-6) attack damage.  I see that has been changed to %, so that should increase fairness.  As long as you can buy 2 nomads for same price, the researches favored the nomads, but now it will be fair.
Batista
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2010, 19:35:41 PM »

There were some changes ingame and as I see I was correct about few things (check my first post here  *pardon*). Programists changed: the costs of imperian fortress by 20%, the attack of imperian archers, the bonuses of armor and attack, the cargo and the unkeep of transport wagons ... nice  *bravo*

Tiger said that imperians will have an advantage over nomads later on ... I was correct about things I wrote above and I do not think I will make a mistake when I write that besides those changes that were made today the nomads still have an advantage in economy. Why I think so? When you do not have the advantage for 6 months or maybe more you won't be able to fix things in 1 month or two. Things need time and the world lasts only 8 months (The Lord of the Realm Tournament).

tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2010, 19:48:39 PM »

Realms will last atleast 10 months, when we will open end realm conditions, so its 10 months + time needed to win realm. Maximum 12 months. So there will be plenty time. Yes you pointed out good stuff, most of them were pointed also before, so as more people are smarter then one, some stuff are changed.

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
redborg
Major

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2010, 21:11:46 PM »

balance will be found i am sure it will take time to get the game correct.

my guys is imperians will be the ones with loads of credits which will be big help.

nomads will give a chance for non premium to be competative for a while

nekodrugi
Major

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2010, 22:00:05 PM »

balance will be found i am sure it will take time to get the game correct.

my guys is imperians will be the ones with loads of credits which will be big help.

nomads will give a chance for non premium to be competative for a while

Not just that.

Playing as nomad i must say it have some advantage but already at this stage strength of Imperial forts and power of their archers start to become major trouble for me.

Strategy that i usually had just don't work when you play with nomads so i'm changing it as i play. So far so good.

I'm still worried how nomads would fight against Imperials once elite units are built not to speak of fort lvl 9. And trust me that would happen rather soon. Most of the players run trough researches till they can build elite.

Lack of guardians shouldn't be that big deal (except when you want to goldmine only with guardians) but lack of phalanx would show very fast and i doubt, given the power of imperials archers, heavy spearmen could be solution even in horde.

Imagine solution. 1 million phalanx, 400k elite archers, 500k guardians and 500k paladins goes against nomad (in my old era that army is very possible)

What a hell you can put against that. Cavalry?Huh?Huh?? Elite archers  *black_eye*
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: