Imperia Online International
April 27, 2024, 15:45:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question?  (Read 7473 times)
_wtf_
Sergeant

« on: October 25, 2010, 00:00:34 AM »

Overall i like the new version.  If it is still in testing(which with all of the bugs, big or small, it seems to be), i dont think we should be paying for credits, but thats not my main question here...

Is it just me, or are there to many things for purchase with diamonds??  isn't this tiping the scale just a little to far to make it balanced between someone who pay's and someone who doesn't??

"Only The Dead Have Seen The End Of War"   Plato
samyoboy
Colonel

I'm a busy man

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 00:10:14 AM »

well other than paying for instant research you would buy same things in v4a. And in v4a you collect research time and can buy additional time. So there is not really that much difference. You can't buy offensive or defensive wins. So I don't see what the problem is. *Smiley*
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 00:11:02 AM by samyoboy » Logged

THERE IS METHOD BEHIND MY MADNESS 
steveempire
Lieutenant

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 00:30:36 AM »

*sos* ok, the problem is that in realm 82 some players have over 3000 networth and some players have under 1000.  I will suggest (humbly) that all players under 1000 are non-credit players and no player over 1000 is able to do so without buying credits.
10 hour production is like extra time, in 1 week, a player can buy 70 hours of production or almost 3 extra days.  In 1 month, thats an extra 12 days.  buying credits for this is big advantage.  But big deal, all realms have this option.  The idea you can buy completion of a project is interesting as you can spend your 10 hour (plus inventory) production and get results immediately, no waiting.  So this will speed up development again, for some players.  We will all learn if this extra will mean something or nothing in time.  Credits cant make you smart  *freak*   
If IO wants to earn some more money, maybe create some conveniences like 24 hour virtual servants preprogrammed to complete certain tasks.  How about diamonds for better spying.  How about diamonds for finding specials on the world map.  How about a resend button for armies returning while players sleep.  Make my life easier in the game  *bravo*   
BUsy players need some conveniences, so work on that will ya?   
samyoboy
Colonel

I'm a busy man

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 00:37:07 AM »

19 of the top 20 players are also nomads have you taken this into account? Basically army = more net points nomads build army's quicker. Then later in the game the imperians due to better ecco catch up and take over nomads.  *wink*

_wtf_
Sergeant

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 00:45:37 AM »

well other than paying for instant research you would buy same things in v4a. And in v4a you collect research time and can buy additional time. So there is not really that much difference. You can't buy offensive or defensive wins. So I don't see what the problem is. *Smiley*

actually something that made me have this question, was the fact that because i could have "Payed" 1 diamond for instant contruction, i could have "Bought" a defensive win.  How?  By buying myself a lvl 3 castle.  I was under attack, and i will blame it on the Alchol for not figuring it before the attack arrived, BUT had i disbaned a portion of my army (siege machines) for the wood, bought a little stone that i did have the money for and built my level 3 castle, i would have won the battle.  so, yes, it does allow you to BUY a win.

Also, the only way to have a Big Festival is by BUYing it.  With -1 point Happiness each time you put 1 group of troops in training, that Big festival could be a bigger factor later on with larger armies, and only someone who PAYS can have a Big Festival.

thats one way to BUY a win and a better empire...

samyoboy
Colonel

I'm a busy man

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 00:58:30 AM »

Actually once game progesses small festival should be at a higher lvl so not that small. Also temple should be higher lvl so should balance itself out. I see your point if could have payed to complete fort whilst under attack. So maybe suggestion could be that instant construction be disabled whilst under attack giving a simple solution. *wink*

_wtf_
Sergeant

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 01:06:28 AM »

So maybe suggestion could be that instant construction be disabled whilst under attack giving a simple solution. *wink*

hmmm, sounds like a good idea! *bravo*    that would also disable a player to get ride of resources by simply buying buildings so the attack doesnt get anything also. 

Edit: maybe i was wrong about instant castle construction.  i am not sure if you Can build a castle "instantly".  but it would still be a good idea to disable that while under attack.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 01:15:59 AM by _wtf_ » Logged

_wtf_
Sergeant

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 01:10:37 AM »

If IO wants to earn some more money, maybe create some conveniences like 24 hour virtual servants preprogrammed to complete certain tasks.

24 hour servants!! *bravo* *bravo*  I would pay good $$ for that, as long as she had a good sense of humor, and was beautiful!!  o, wait, you ment "virtual" servant...bummer

crass
Captain

Power corrupts,Absolute power corrupts ABSOLUTELY

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 01:17:40 AM »

what are the parameters of the free construction is it anything under 10 min  u get free construction? i noticed a building i was building was not free construction to begin with  but later it twards the end of construction i could finish it early with a free construction useage.  i agree with the idea of not being able to do free construction whilst under attack but u cant limit how much people can go ahead and spend if there able too whilst under attack if u can empty ure treasury without free construction while someone knockin on your door oh'well bad luck for them no different than someone hitting a goldmine before u can , wow and only 1 imperian out of the top 50,  2 out of the top 60 players. also i do like how the whole look of ure town changes not just a couple of the buildings as in v4
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 01:35:15 AM by crass » Logged

_wtf_
Sergeant

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 02:04:33 AM »

i agree with the idea of not being able to do free construction whilst under attack but u cant limit how much people can go ahead and spend if there able too whilst under attack if u can empty ure treasury without free construction while someone knockin on your door oh'well bad luck for them no different than someone hitting a goldmine before u can , wow and only 1 imperian out of the top 50,  2 out of the top 60 players. also i do like how the whole look of ure town changes not just a couple of the buildings as in v4

agreed, you should be able to spend as much as you can/want while under attack.  just not be able to do so by Buying the completion of buildings with diamonds.

nomads are definatly dominant early on.  something else to notice is that only 1 of the top 20 have Positive honor(4 have 0), and a total of 5 people have positve honor out of the top 40(didnt count how many have 0)

crass
Captain

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 02:08:24 AM »

believe me i know about the honor lol  i have 2 players in the top 50 real close to me  both with -honor lol  have caught thier spies a couple times each now lol-  "without honor even victory is defeat"

steveempire
Lieutenant

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 02:18:25 AM »

19 of the top 20 players are also nomads have you taken this into account? Basically army = more net points nomads build army's quicker. Then later in the game the imperians due to better ecco catch up and take over nomads.  *wink*
*tired* lol, you miss the point.  I can only spend what I produce.  I am saying that no one can produce over 1000 networth worth of stuff in the time since realm 82 started without credits.   I am a smart econ player, but thats impossible  *freak* I dont think it matters nomad or imperian...you are limited by what you produce.

yeah 24 hour servant would be the bomb  *ok*
crass
Captain

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2010, 02:27:36 AM »

i also think i read that  soldiers add 1.5x the net worth to ure points  if i read this correctly if not well lol shame on me lol  but that would mean  that  even if they hadnt produced that much more it would show as more points

redborg
Major

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2010, 11:05:00 AM »

yes the advantage for premium players is too big now.

yovanna
Community Manager

Não vale a pena ser relógio!

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2010, 12:16:35 PM »

hmmm, sounds like a good idea! *bravo*    that would also disable a player to get ride of resources by simply buying buildings so the attack doesnt get anything also. 

Edit: maybe i was wrong about instant castle construction.  i am not sure if you Can build a castle "instantly".  but it would still be a good idea to disable that while under attack.

Instant construction is actually disabled while under attack. You can never build fortress or fortress facilities instantly
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: