Imperia Online International
April 18, 2024, 16:27:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Continuing conversation about amount of arrows!!  (Read 4383 times)
_wtf_
Sergeant

« on: November 04, 2010, 21:23:13 PM »

What i had said:"18 arrows?  has to be a joke.  who would ever go into battle with 18 shots of anything (excluding alchool)?"

From redborg: "have you never seen braveheart. arrows are expensive send in the welsh."

my cheap version of Quoting, since i can't quote a locked topic...

yes i have seen braveheart.  many times since i own it.  great movie.  remember how many times the english archers would shoot during a battle?  in the beggining of the battle, when they would catch someone still mooning them and stick them in the arse with an arrow.  and even during the field battle, killing both their own and the enemy.  in the other thread where i continued this from, someone mentioned the sky being darkned by arrows...that was 300, atleast most recently.  to bad our elite guardians were not as strong as the Spartans, and could just raise their shields and be protected.

point being...archers are like snipers, well elites archers at least.  they don't need atlot of ammo, but i'll be damned if i would send in my snipers with a limited supply of ammo.  hell, if i had to i would send half of my population along with a few cut down trees so they could make arrows as fast as my archers could shoot them!!   i mean dayum, it would be like having horsemen with horses that could only run across the field of battle Once before needing some food and water!?!  or spearmen who could only kill as many enemy troops as they could fit on their spears, then there useless...

"Only The Dead Have Seen The End Of War"   Plato
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 21:30:29 PM »

Archers are very powerfull now, because they die only after there is no units in front of them. So they cant have unlimited amo. 18 is enough, because most battles dont last 18 rounds, but much less.

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
_wtf_
Sergeant

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 21:39:10 PM »

Archers are very powerfull now, because they die only after there is no units in front of them. So they cant have unlimited amo. 18 is enough, because most battles dont last 18 rounds, but much less.

hmmm, good point.  "most battles dont last 18 rounds"  very good point.  with that said, i can agree to 18, but i still wonder, will the battles become as large as some i have seen in R5?  with a lvl 9 fort possible, will they become longer in amount of rounds than those i have seen in R5?  if so...then will archers be useless in the battle against the garrisoned troops (in a large battle vs. a lvl 9 fort)?

"Only The Dead Have Seen The End Of War"   Plato
Koramae
Lieutenant

Everybody lies.

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 21:39:32 PM »

Real archers could pick up arrows and use them too  *hihi*
Tho i wonder if they refill in each battle phase or they have 18 arrows for both field and garrison battle scratch

I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I found MMORPGs *pardon*
crass
Captain

Power corrupts,Absolute power corrupts ABSOLUTELY

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 22:39:53 PM »

and wouldnt a garrison have a stockpile  what no fletcher's  in the fortress employ? wouldnt their be a bunch of dirty little urchin's running resupplies up to the walls?

Koramae
Lieutenant

Everybody lies.

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 22:51:10 PM »

and wouldnt a garrison have a stockpile  what no fletcher's  in the fortress employ? wouldnt their be a bunch of dirty little urchin's running resupplies up to the walls?

Nope, they`d be hiding and crying like little girls  *hihi*

Kopator
Captain

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 23:03:54 PM »

I am selling 180k of arrow.  Anyone interested ?
 *freak*

Hail to the Spam King *KING*
Koramae
Lieutenant

Everybody lies.

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 23:07:59 PM »

Do i get the archers as bonus?  *SIGH*

Kopator
Captain

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 05:04:29 AM »

Do i get the archers as bonus?  *SIGH*

Yes, but only if you give me +1 karma each day  *freak*
 *freak*

Koramae
Lieutenant

Everybody lies.

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 07:17:26 AM »

Yes, but only if you give me +1 karma each day  *freak*
 *freak*

Deal!  [:-} Wait. You`re lying, aren`t you?  *Angry*

Kopator
Captain

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 14:17:51 PM »

Deal!  [:-} Wait. You`re lying, aren`t you?  *Angry*

I almost never lie. The arrows are kept in a castle in Nigeria.
 *freak*

Koramae
Lieutenant

Everybody lies.

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 21:08:55 PM »

I almost never lie. The arrows are kept in a castle in Nigeria.
 *freak*

And who`s paying the upkeep for the travel, huh? U`re trying to trick me, i know it  evil4

Kopator
Captain

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2010, 03:04:08 AM »

And who`s paying the upkeep for the travel, huh? U`re trying to trick me, i know it  evil4

well not me...only dealt about arrows.  *freak*

Well the Nigerian prince living in castle can export the arrows to you but since his grandma died and he doesn´t have any money loose then he offers you to pay and when will has payout he will double your pay.....   *hahaha*
 *freak*

samyoboy
Colonel

I'm a busy man

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2010, 03:40:52 AM »

What i had said:"18 arrows?  has to be a joke.  who would ever go into battle with 18 shots of anything (excluding alchool)?"

From redborg: "have you never seen braveheart. arrows are expensive send in the welsh."

my cheap version of Quoting, since i can't quote a locked topic...

yes i have seen braveheart.  many times since i own it.  great movie.  remember how many times the english archers would shoot during a battle?  in the beggining of the battle, when they would catch someone still mooning them and stick them in the arse with an arrow.  and even during the field battle, killing both their own and the enemy.  in the other thread where i continued this from, someone mentioned the sky being darkned by arrows...that was 300, atleast most recently.  to bad our elite guardians were not as strong as the Spartans, and could just raise their shields and be protected.

point being...archers are like snipers, well elites archers at least.  they don't need atlot of ammo, but i'll be damned if i would send in my snipers with a limited supply of ammo.  hell, if i had to i would send half of my population along with a few cut down trees so they could make arrows as fast as my archers could shoot them!!   i mean dayum, it would be like having horsemen with horses that could only run across the field of battle Once before needing some food and water!?!  or spearmen who could only kill as many enemy troops as they could fit on their spears, then there useless...

The archers where welsh not english. in the time of braveheart. The Irish welsh and scotish where all mercenaries. The english would employ them to fight each other when they started rebelling. Now with the scotish and Irish this was not so easy as they had a habit of getting there then joining forces. Just like in braveheart the welsh though always went with whoever was paying them. *Grin*
This has turned into a spam topic. God damned spamers.  *NOSPAM*  *NOSPAM*
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 03:43:18 AM by samyoboy » Logged

THERE IS METHOD BEHIND MY MADNESS 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: