Imperia Online International
April 23, 2024, 22:08:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Army save tips  (Read 12611 times)
k_mihai
« on: November 17, 2007, 16:48:29 PM »

- change army launching time with 1, 2 mins

- make sure that the army arrives with 30 mins after the log in

- sent the army to more farms

- keep some unspent war income

- take an expediency loan

- sell some trebs

- have unmobilized reserves

- pray

btw it's better to have separated topic for army save tips *Tongue* I'll add some *Tongue*

done *Smiley*
stud
proud leader of PREDATORS
Colonel

yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaawww

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 16:53:25 PM »

this looks familiar, but i don't know why?  *freak* *freak* *freak*  *Grin* *Grin* *Grin*

*bear*

Some say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full, I say are you going to drink that? *beer*
Leila
Wicked Fairy
Lieutenant

Fire & Blood!

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 17:00:32 PM »

- keep bonus resources for the minutes right after you're logged and always take them as soon as possible so their appearance does not change too much
- separate army to 6-7-8 parts and send each of then form different province (of course dismiss enough workers to produce gold for upkeep)
- send each attack at different time/different distance (2000 is far easily tracked than 1847 since everyone assumes your trip is 2000 miles)
- send "false" attacks - instead of sending your army away move it to another province and send it from there instantly (to make it harder for enemies to calculate exact time for each army for every province)
- send the armies with "pillage" command if needed
- do not be greedy - distant gold coins with more than 200k gold (for some realms even 50k are enough) gold are very likely to be robbed before your army reach them, better attack provinces with 200k population which were recently robbed, so they can accomulate resources
- pay for better internet connection so that you can move your army for 2-3 seconds
- smoke weed every day (also drink beer sometimes *bear* )

Cheers k_mihai  *bear*
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 17:02:49 PM by Leila » Logged

I am the storm I am the wonder
And the flashlights nightmares
And sudden explosions...

I don't know what more to ask for
I was given just one wish
kingjohn
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 17:01:13 PM »

My personal tips, make a army so huge that you don't need army saves.  *bear*
Leila
Wicked Fairy
Lieutenant

Fire & Blood!

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 17:03:24 PM »

My personal tips, make a army so huge that you don't need army saves.  *bear*

*hahaha* *hahaha* *hahaha* *hahaha* *hahaha* *hahaha*

Do you know what means kamikadze attack?  Huh?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 17:04:45 PM by Leila » Logged

And sudden explosions...

stud
Colonel

yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaawww

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 17:08:39 PM »

this advices i'll try to follow  *freak*

Do you know what means kamikadze attack?  Huh?

no  *Embarrassed*

Some say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full, I say are you going to drink that? *beer*
Leila
Wicked Fairy
Lieutenant

Fire & Blood!

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 18:08:04 PM »

It's a funny way to surprise players with huge armies (most frequently farmers) - they tend to keep them at home during their block (the 6 online hours each day) because they think (or know) that there aren't enough bigger armies to destroy theirs (the KingJohn sydrome?). Such players usually attract unhealthy attention from warriors in the same realm and eventually, when volunteer/s is/are found, something really interesting happens. Usually there are one or two (rarely more than 3) attacks which are sent with the sole intention to destroy a portion of the farmer's army (so that the following armies can later destroy it fully) at the cost of offensive defeat (the army composition is often set in such way as to destroy mainly one type of the enemy's army so that it will become disbalanced; for example sending huge amounts of archers to kill phalanx; needless to say they don't need siege weapons for it's unnecessary loss). These are the kamikadze attacks. After them are coming 3-4-5 or more fully equiped armies which are meant to destroy the weakened defender and lower the values of his soldiers to 0 (or considerably small numbers). In most cases the defender is rewarded with medal for losing his army *Tongue*
All this happens in few minutes, usually right before the end of the victim's block.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 18:09:40 PM by Leila » Logged

And sudden explosions...

stud
Colonel

yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaawww

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 18:16:30 PM »

tnx 4 d explanation..  *rose*
i was using this strategy with my neighbor in realm 10, but i didn't it has a name..  *pardon*

Leila
Wicked Fairy
Lieutenant

Fire & Blood!

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2007, 18:25:01 PM »

I forgot to write that all attacks are from different players *Smiley* but I think it's kinda understandable  *hmm*
It's a good way of dealing with farmers, but unfortunately some people develop second account just to use it as kamikadze at certain moment...  *stop*

And sudden explosions...

stud
Colonel

yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaawww

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2007, 18:29:35 PM »

I forgot to write that all attacks are from different players *Smiley* but I think it's kinda understandable  *hmm*
It's a good way of dealing with farmers, but unfortunately some people develop second account just to use it as kamikadze at certain moment...  *stop*

i already play in 4 realms, so multiaccounting would really took 2 much time and nerves.. *xxx*

and besides, i'm sticking to FIFA's moto : “fair play”  *cool*

*bear* *bear* *bear*

UberNoob
Sergeant

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2007, 01:38:41 AM »

- keep bonus resources for the minutes right after you're logged and always take them as soon as possible so their appearance does not change too much
- separate army to 6-7-8 parts and send each of then form different province (of course dismiss enough workers to produce gold for upkeep)
- send each attack at different time/different distance (2000 is far easily tracked than 1847 since everyone assumes your trip is 2000 miles)
- send "false" attacks - instead of sending your army away move it to another province and send it from there instantly (to make it harder for enemies to calculate exact time for each army for every province)
- send the armies with "pillage" command if needed
- do not be greedy - distant gold coins with more than 200k gold (for some realms even 50k are enough) gold are very likely to be robbed before your army reach them, better attack provinces with 200k population which were recently robbed, so they can accomulate resources
- pay for better internet connection so that you can move your army for 2-3 seconds

you're not the noob we trained in R2 a long time ago anymore! *Shocked* :-\ *bravo* *bravo* *bravo*
kingjohn
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2007, 03:49:07 AM »

It's a funny way to surprise players with huge armies (most frequently farmers) - they tend to keep them at home during their block (the 6 online hours each day) because they think (or know) that there aren't enough bigger armies to destroy theirs (the KingJohn sydrome?). Such players usually attract unhealthy attention from warriors in the same realm and eventually, when volunteer/s is/are found, something really interesting happens. Usually there are one or two (rarely more than 3) attacks which are sent with the sole intention to destroy a portion of the farmer's army (so that the following armies can later destroy it fully) at the cost of offensive defeat (the army composition is often set in such way as to destroy mainly one type of the enemy's army so that it will become disbalanced; for example sending huge amounts of archers to kill phalanx; needless to say they don't need siege weapons for it's unnecessary loss). These are the kamikadze attacks. After them are coming 3-4-5 or more fully equiped armies which are meant to destroy the weakened defender and lower the values of his soldiers to 0 (or considerably small numbers). In most cases the defender is rewarded with medal for losing his army *Tongue*
All this happens in few minutes, usually right before the end of the victim's block.

If they really really want to give me free military points by doing multiple kamikaze's I will be delighted :-) Save my gold to travel and find targets. When I was at r2 last era, I try to kill everything in sight for mili points, my 720k elites, people threaten me kamikaze from BG_ARMS, I just told the guy, "don't talk so much, just come". I need da military points from kamikaze if they love to kamikaze me :-)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 03:51:02 AM by kingjohn » Logged
Leila
Wicked Fairy
Lieutenant

Fire & Blood!

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2007, 10:04:48 AM »

- use as few siege weapons as possible; for pillages you can have just a single battering ram to slow down your army

UberNoob do I know you?  Huh?

And sudden explosions...

kingjohn
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 16:17:50 PM »

I simply don't do army saves with realm with no online status. I don't kill enemies spies ever and I leave tons of resources piling up at all times to make people guess if I am offline or online and them ambush. I don't talk to enemies and I shall not allow them to guess my offline time. Sometimes my offline time I attack them so they didn't know it's my offline time and they think it's my online time. I just do it once and make them think I am online. Also if I do army saves, I send it to their province and hopefully it's their offline time and I send my entire bulk army at them and make them think I am online. I play all kind of funny tricks. But generally I never do army saves, if they can crush my 730k elites, be my guest. I prefer it that way then I waste gold travelling. If I travel, they will run away. If they kamikaze, they need 3-4 huge army to kamikaze me as I got defender's bonus. My 730k elites at home is the equivalent of 900k elites fighting. So if I lose my entire army, I'd be marshall and lots of mili points.
Leila
Wicked Fairy
Lieutenant

Fire & Blood!

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2007, 16:26:57 PM »

Army saves are not for those with huge armies but for those who does not want to have visit by a huge army  *crazy*

And sudden explosions...

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: