Imperia Online International
April 19, 2024, 22:20:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: army unkeep on while in vacc mod????  (Read 2837 times)
Zydrius
Translators

« on: September 08, 2010, 16:19:43 PM »

I had strange thing recently - I launch very distant attack on enemy and in order not to bankrupt (coz my army is quite big) I moved my account into vaccation mod for 2,5 days. The journey took 16 hours to attack enemy and return and I had more than 1 million soldiers so you can only imagine how costly this trip must have been... So just after the attack launch I moved into vacc mod to save a LOT of money, but after I returned into game guess what did I find? -9,2M gold in my main province!!! how this could have happened coz there should be no army unkeep while on vac mod???
fragmaster
Forum Staff

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 16:28:08 PM »

moving armies are paid under vacation.simple reason is exactly to discourage using vac mode offensively,it would be pretty unfair  play ,to send far attacks and be invulnerable to pillages and actually lose less production than army upkeep gain

Zydrius
Translators

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 19:52:30 PM »

haha, very fair then *Tongue* what's the use then to make huge maps when you can't attack distant enemies *sad* I'm still one of those who think that army ubkeep is a way too big and realm length is a way too long ;\
Zydrius
Translators

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 19:54:38 PM »

moving armies are paid under vacation.simple reason is exactly to discourage using vac mode offensively,it would be pretty unfair  play ,to send far attacks and be invulnerable to pillages and actually lose less production than army upkeep gain

ok i see your point coz I too hate players who perform attacks in such way but you could mention about that somewhere coz near Premium>Vaccation Mod there's nothing mentioned about that :S
The_Templar
Lieutenant

"Tar Anti Oist heb est"

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 21:26:57 PM »

LOL nice try and be a great way to save cash IF it worked, but then we would all do it   *pardon*, regarding the realm length, have you tried realms 1 to 4?, classic version has a lot going for it, including shorter realm length..either way enjoy  *ok*

Zydrius
Translators

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 22:49:15 PM »

LOL nice try and be a great way to save cash IF it worked, but then we would all do it   *pardon*, regarding the realm length, have you tried realms 1 to 4?, classic version has a lot going for it, including shorter realm length..either way enjoy  *ok*

classic realms are stupid one's (people who prefer them please forgive me) - there armies are smaller but, unkeep even higher than in v4a (unless they changed that) *Grin* and wars system is stupid there - too many false/friendly wars who help to cheat in alliance ranking, also there's nothing to do inside alliance - no hierarhy, positions, vault - boring. But the one thing which was good there  simple and understandable strategy map *Grin*
Kopator
Captain

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 06:30:18 AM »

I agree with you Zydr.
We build up alliance with our closest friends. But then enemies are 5000 - 10000 away.... and no way to reach each other in war because of army upkeep....... = total boring!   *tired* *tired* *tired* *hmm* *stop*

I am starting to think that after 6months playing.... two realms should merge... so there would be more active players in same map.

Hail to the Spam King *KING*
steveempire
Lieutenant

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 07:29:45 AM »

hmm, thats an interesting thought...Call it survivor IO... 3 realms merge to fight it out for supremacy.  Start with all inactive players being booted from the realms...goldmines  removed to start again later. 
How would you sort the players on the new map?  Random or merge maps compressed together as is?
Zydrius
Translators

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 14:11:47 PM »

I agree with you Zydr.
We build up alliance with our closest friends. But then enemies are 5000 - 10000 away.... and no way to reach each other in war because of army upkeep....... = total boring!   *tired* *tired* *tired* *hmm* *stop*

I am starting to think that after 6months playing.... two realms should merge... so there would be more active players in same map.

wow, very interesting idea to merge 2 realms in the middle of era or a bit later coz well for me 2nd half of game is boring...
mkdragan
Private

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 22:38:13 PM »

classic realms are stupid one's (people who prefer them please forgive me) - there armies are smaller but, unkeep even higher than in v4a (unless they changed that) *Grin* and wars system is stupid there - too many false/friendly wars who help to cheat in alliance ranking, also there's nothing to do inside alliance - no hierarhy, positions, vault - boring. But the one thing which was good there  simple and understandable strategy map *Grin*

wow, very interesting idea to merge 2 realms in the middle of era or a bit later coz well for me 2nd half of game is boring...

Probably you never try clasic realm!!!

old realm version:
1 month farming and 3 months fighting, ALWAYS in WAR, and war with everyone. Gold mine can be attacked only in your x10 (great solution)
War income always in reserve, no one is unbreakable in your attacking range (x3), you deserve your honor ...

new one:
9 months farming and 3 months fighting (then will be 20 pople that you can attack and half of them at distance more than 4500)
  or if you fight at the begining then you will play no more then 6 months - like you mentioned - TOOO week for farmer who has 20 provincies.
99 % attacking gold mines (what is the point - gold for army upkeeper and pray to be first ?!?),

Someone wrote: clasic realm - hard core
                       new one - mild

reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2010, 01:52:09 AM »

Classic realms are the only IO game that exist. v4a can be anything, but is not IO any more. No action, no hate, no wars... terrific boring and stupidly long eras where the game goal is totally lost.  *pardon*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: