Imperia Online International
April 19, 2024, 11:16:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Border Outpost & Spy lvls...  (Read 1266 times)
_wtf_
Sergeant

« on: July 25, 2010, 02:23:06 AM »

this is what is says in-game for the defination/info on what spying does (in the research area)

When the levels are equal the chance for success is 50%.
*When there is 1 level difference the chance of success is 75%.
*When there are 2 levels difference the chance of success is 100%. Furthermore spies do not reveal their sender.
*When there are 5 levels difference the spies are not being revealed at all

my questions is that if i have only 1 lvl difference in my BO level to my enemies Spy lvl, than why is it showing them to be "unknown" spies??   

"Only The Dead Have Seen The End Of War"   Plato
steveempire
Lieutenant

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 06:03:14 AM »

alliance research plays into it.  You can only see the player's spy research level, not the alliance research plus player research.  When you get into higher spy levels, players with low border outposts cant even see the spy.  Thats why there is a "check for spies button".

Hope that helps
iCeeLuSh
Forum Staff

Give them nothing! But take from them everything!

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 15:32:47 PM »

steve was right .. How did you know that your enemy has only 1 spy advance against you ? (Maybe he upgraded his spy tech) *gamer*
_wtf_
Sergeant

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 19:37:48 PM »

i dont agree....alliance research plays a part yes, but i know who it is that is spying on me, and they have way more than a +1 alliance research for spying....alliance research plays its part when you are spying yes, but when you are looking at your enemies spies in your provinces, alliance research does not affect what you see and what you dont....unless that is a new change for this era

tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 20:55:21 PM »

Yes, it effects what you see and what you dont see. Alliance researches are counted both enemy spying and your alliance border outpost. Its just not shown near spy name. But you have + lvls from your alliance borders and spy have from his alliance spying.

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
_wtf_
Sergeant

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 01:55:46 AM »

really?!?!  i swear thats not how it was...thought we tested it too, maybe i am wrong. 

Thank you though for the info!!!   that is veryveryveryveryvery cool to know, for sure *Smiley*

steveempire
Lieutenant

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 05:08:13 AM »

Tiger will not lie about the game...but perhaps the gentleman you "tested" your theory on did!~  I would hard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: