Imperia Online International
April 25, 2024, 07:07:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: counter vacation trick  (Read 4747 times)
Dastro7
Private

« on: May 22, 2010, 17:05:09 PM »

Hello, i'm playing as JimBeam in realm 31.
about a weak ago, the alliance that i am part of called GLADIO, declared war against an alliance called TheKings.
it was a very intense war, we were falling behind, but two days before it was over, we were able to tie the score, then they got a small advantage. now come the problematic part: a day before the war was over, when they had an advantage of about 50 points, the leader of the kings performed an act, a "trick" , that i would define as plain cheating: he kicked almost everyone in his alliance, and he and the other two that were
left activated vacation mode
, so that we were unable to attack and gain anymore points in the war.  rant In my opinion, this is cheating. it is unthinkable that an alliance would win a war that way, which dishonorable is a huge understatement to describe. i would urge you to find a solution to such incident, and i'm not talking about our war, that is over and i'm not asking to change it, but i would like to suggest the following rule: if during war time all members of your alliance activate vacation mode, it will count as a technical loose -   your alliance will automatically loose the war. please implement this rule or any other that will stop this from happening again.

thanks,
Dastro
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 17:10:08 PM by Dastro7 » Logged
Foxrider
Yeah
Lieutenant

Find Your Flow

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 17:21:39 PM »

Good point of view...but there are real people ... And if a person busy (work, etc) he can't leave his account without supervision  *Smiley* or its allies must look for him?
if during war time all members of your alliance activate vacation mode, it will count as a technical loose -   your alliance will automatically loose the war.
Yap but ther is alliances 3-4 members...and great celebrations...... *drunk*
My Advice.....Think Well or Fight Better.....

tinodunks
FORUM PILLAGER
Captain

Death and hell is coming

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 17:21:55 PM »

i understand your point .. some see this strategy as cheating while some see it as tactics.......  anyway you take its a bad tactic  *kissgirl* but pillaging is a bad tactic also..but many players dont see it that way  lol   *kissgirl*

Behold the Pale Horse cometh, with death riding and hell following. Rev.6;7-8
Dastro7
Private

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 17:45:06 PM »

Foxrider: of course some people are busy and really have to go on vacation, but in the case i described, its obviously just to win a war.
tinodunks: in that case, strategy and cheating are one and the same. imagine this hypothetical scenario: you are in the strongest alliance in the realm, and the weakest alliance in the realm declares war on you. they attack once, get a few points so that the score is lets say 5-0, then they all go on vacation, so there's no way for you to make points. do you consider this as valid strategy?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 17:46:14 PM by Dastro7 » Logged
fragmaster
Forum Staff

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 17:53:12 PM »

dastro , he cant kick them ,and then go to vac,there is MAX% of alliance nw that can be on vacation during war ,50% if it wasnt changed.So this means "fat" players first went to vac ,and rest who couldnt left on their own.There is solution to this : always lead in war .If u dont ,dont assume u can always catch up either,exactly coz of this situation. There are other dirty strategies,for example u manage to make attack 1-2 sec after enemy returns home ,and he just leave alliance and no war points for u .

Moonshadow
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 18:31:47 PM »

dastro , he cant kick them ,and then go to vac,there is MAX% of alliance nw that can be on vacation during war ,50% if it wasnt changed.So this means "fat" players first went to vac ,and rest who couldnt left on their own.There is solution to this : always lead in war .If u dont ,dont assume u can always catch up either,exactly coz of this situation. There are other dirty strategies,for example u manage to make attack 1-2 sec after enemy returns home ,and he just leave alliance and no war points for u .

can you give me more detail about this please? it should be less than 2 seconds?
Foxrider
Yeah
Lieutenant

Find Your Flow

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 18:36:22 PM »

can you give me more detail about this please? it should be less than 2 seconds?
its may be 0.01 second to attack...But remember u cna't back more than 2 times... *HAHA*

fragmaster
Forum Staff

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 18:41:00 PM »

yes .3+ seconds are dodged easily .Just use premium button for field army relocation in right moment .U dont need synchronized refreshed page with army arrived in province.Ur request to move all goes direct to server,u dont have to "see" ur army in ur province to move it.Its enaugh to request it when u are that certain army has arrived .And if u see u cant pull it ,leave alliance ,possibly enter any friendly alliance to have at least some team military medicine,and that battle is not counted in war.I talk this from perspective of player being attacked
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 18:42:56 PM by fragmaster » Logged

Dastro7
Private

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 20:18:07 PM »

dastro , he cant kick them ,and then go to vac,there is MAX% of alliance nw that can be on vacation during war ,50% if it wasnt changed.So this means "fat" players first went to vac ,and rest who couldnt left on their own

fragmaster, ty for the response. the 50% rule was applied, its true that the fat players went on vacation first, but i find it hard to believe that 15(!) players left the alliance between 6:00-6:15 am, set aside the fact that 2 (none fat) were already on vacation, so there's no way they could have logged on to leave. also, it doesn't make sense: you can only leave the alliance 2 times after which you cant rejoin. why would they do such a thing? therefore i'm 99.9% certain he kicked them out.

There is solution to this : always lead in war .If u dont ,dont assume u can always catch up either,exactly coz of this situation. There are other dirty strategies,for example u manage to make attack 1-2 sec after enemy returns home ,and he just leave alliance and no war points for u .

then tell me plz, what happens in a case like i described earlier: a war has been declared, one attack was made, score is 5-0, allaince goes on vacation. you see, there is no chance to lead, so that's no solution. i have experienced that dirty startegy that you speak of, but an alliance can still recover after being played like that. that is the case for other dirty tricks: it hurts, its unfair maybe, but you can still recover from it. the trick that i'm talking about- that's one you cant recover from.
fragmaster
Forum Staff

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 20:43:57 PM »

leave or being kicked - same thing from aspect of rejoining alliance.If leader kicks them first he himself cannot go to vacation mod,because if he stays last he cant vac,thats why i think its voluntary leave.I think its more probable that someone there shared passwords ,vacationed first ,then entered other accounts and left.So u have enaugh to send me names in PM for check .

About 5-0 part ... well what u can :dont allow they earn lead ,why dont u make 5-0 first ,and let them disband freely after that.If u cant ,ur alliance is weaker ,and is it fair to expect win against stronger?There is always a way
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 20:47:04 PM by fragmaster » Logged

PsYchOtiChiKen
Lieutenant

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 01:24:54 AM »

There is a simple solution already in place.  Brutalize the enemy on the first day.  Do not let them catch up.  Do not fail attacks and do not leave armies at home where they can be killed. 
_rico
Lieutenant

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 20:04:37 PM »

Guys... it is a little bit different... Attacked alliance can go into v-mode in 75% (yes 75%) of their netpoints. So your way of thinking is invalid. If the leader kicked them out he wouldn't be able to go into v-mode. They left on their own. After leader and the rest gone into v-mode. Attacker alliance can go into v-mode only in 50%.

Hope it clarifies *Smiley*
last_
Sergeant

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 20:14:51 PM »

yeah the same think happened to me in realm 38 they can do it _rico just kick everymember and leader goes to vacation 
The_Templar
Lieutenant

"Tar Anti Oist heb est"

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 20:56:33 PM »

here's a scenario for you regarding kicking players or leaving the alliance, hmm, trying to get all those people to voluntary leave an alliance etc etc or being able to kick them whilst already being the leader in vac mode, hmmm, just a scenario and no proof but just a thoiught, what if 'some' if not all the other accounts in the alliance were babysat (if not owned) by the leader of the alliance, wouldnt be hard to enter those accounts one after the other and leave the alliance then, pretty sure a dedicated admin would be able to check that simply enough owing to IP address used at time of leaving the alliance....just a thought ;-)

on the other hand, i would take it as a compliment anyway, letthem mess up their eco for a couple of day while in vac, and those that left can only re-join a couple of times too, I would get my alliance to use the time to grow faster than them while they were on vac and when i saw they were back id declare to them, and kick their ass!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: