Imperia Online International
April 20, 2024, 07:26:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: About farmers  (Read 3944 times)
olsi
Lieutenant

« on: April 04, 2010, 12:34:49 PM »

There is a problem with farmer players. Every time a warrior fights a battle he automatically becomes vulnerable to any farmers attack. These kind of players always collect army and never use it. They never fight and by the third month they have such a big army that it's impossible to compete with them. Is this a collecting game or a military ranking game. What does  warrior have to do against them. Ok there's is always the army save option, but it's very expensive, and it's not very good for active players because you may discover a target and your army is far away in army save.

My suggestion somthing similar to networth range obstacle, meaning: If you cannot attack someone out of 3x networth, you can not attack someone out of 3x military point range either! If you attack out of your 2x, you suffer morale penalty and also honor loss.
Foxrider
Yeah
Lieutenant

Find Your Flow

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 12:49:22 PM »

Hmm ... You can evolve not only in the army but also in farming..Not many players collect big light army heavy too...main military task for 2-2/5 month is elite army..about ur x3 it gives complete freedom of farmer.. ;D

reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 14:57:16 PM »

Hmm ... You can evolve not only in the army but also in farming..Not many players collect big light army heavy too...main military task for 2-2/5 month is elite army..about ur x3 it gives complete freedom of farmer.. ;D

Who cares if the farmer is free to farm?  *freak* At least he can't attack anybody in the end with his huge army...
Foxrider
Yeah
Lieutenant

Find Your Flow

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 15:13:11 PM »

Who cares if the farmer is free to farm?  *freak* At least he can't attack anybody in the end with his huge army...
*hahaha* *crazy* maybe players in top 70-500 and more dont care...Then all will be farming...no fun *SARCASTIC*

reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 17:09:38 PM »

*hahaha* *crazy* maybe players in top 70-500 and more dont care...Then all will be farming...no fun *SARCASTIC*

Why? I think in this mode will be less farmers. And even if there are some, they will be insignificant in the game...
PsYchOtiChiKen
Lieutenant

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 20:51:44 PM »

I do not think there is a problem the game.  You will always be more vulnerable to attacks from attackers than farmers.  Restricting who you can hit would ruin the game.  You would run out of targets except gold mines. 

If you are getting your army slaughtered by farms and you cannot recover the problem is you not the program.

If you wanted to decrease the time it takes to recover from large battles then a solution would be increased salaries for troops.  Reducing the cost to recruit troops is a second option.  The programmer did the exact opposite, version 2 soldiers are cheaper than version 3 and 4.  Another option would be to make the maximum population of an empire include the army.  Farmers with huge armies would be less common.  If you pick your battles well and have a decent setup you will not need much time to recover. 

I think it is good to have farms with armies.  That way we can get military points by destroying the armies in the farms.  Hitting gold mines and empty provinces gets boring.  I also like it when farms call there farm friends for help.  That sets up defensive wins.
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 18:06:41 PM »

I think it is good to have farms with armies.  That way we can get military points by destroying the armies in the farms. 

*hahaha* *hahaha* *hahaha* *hahaha*

I'm sure you don't know what are you talking about. Generally farmers army is 2-3 times larger than yours. Attacking their main fort doesn't exist as option. The only thing is using constant army save to defend yourself.

P.S.
Keep in mind that olsi is speaking about classic realms, not v4a!
PsYchOtiChiKen
Lieutenant

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 17:13:40 PM »

*hahaha* *hahaha* *hahaha* *hahaha*

I'm sure you don't know what are you talking about. Generally farmers army is 2-3 times larger than yours. Attacking their main fort doesn't exist as option. The only thing is using constant army save to defend yourself.

P.S.
Keep in mind that olsi is speaking about classic realms, not v4a!

In classic realms any type of player with 3X networth cannot attack you at all.  The large farms are easy to ignore.  An empire is a "farm empire" because it has lots of centralization, bureaucracy, forts, depot stations and of course farms.  All that baggage drives up networth. 

In realm 2 Olsi has 943,000 villagers, 8 provinces, 153 military points and has not made an attack in April.  Olsi is a farmer.

Edit:  I have played other games where the term "farm" was used for players that are called "gold mines" in Imperia and any players who are inactive enough to be easy targets for resources or points.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 17:53:02 PM by PsYchOtiChiKen » Logged
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 12:02:59 PM »

In classic realms any type of player with 3X networth cannot attack you at all.  The large farms are easy to ignore.  An empire is a "farm empire" because it has lots of centralization, bureaucracy, forts, depot stations and of course farms.  All that baggage drives up networth. 

In realm 2 Olsi has 943,000 villagers, 8 provinces, 153 military points and has not made an attack in April.  Olsi is a farmer.

Edit:  I have played other games where the term "farm" was used for players that are called "gold mines" in Imperia and any players who are inactive enough to be easy targets for resources or points.

He has 1 medal and fought well during first month. After that he developed (for 1 month) and now is ready to fight again. The term "fighter" is not refereed to players who play horribly. If olsi was able to fight during 3/4 of the era (3 months out of 4) it means he is a fighter. If you, as a fighter (in your definition), are able to fight only 1 month, because after that all good players are out of your range, you are not a fighter, but a noob...

Don't confuse definitions without reason. Farmer is the one who plays for networth ranking. Fighter plays for military ranking... That's all. I have never played to win networth race, but this doesn't mean that i don't have a decent networth in the middle of the era.

P.S.
And when olsi spoke about farmers he was refering to players that are used as strategic weapons. It means, players who never fought any battle till the end of the era and stay with their huge army there, just forcing you to use constant army save...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: