Imperia Online International
April 25, 2024, 15:50:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: About cheating!  (Read 24220 times)
stasy
Major

« on: February 11, 2008, 15:17:57 PM »

I know there’s always a lot of questions about cheating… what is cheating? what is allowed? what will be punished? well, to be honest; the answer to these questions isn’t that easy… it took me quite some time to figure out what is against the rules and which features in the game are allowed…. But actually, when you think about it, it’s quite easy… in short the things that are not allowed and are a reason for a ban:

1: multi-accounting
2: babysitting
3: pushing accounts
4: use of certain programs
5: excessively spamming/flooding/discriminating in chat

1: multi-accounting
Easy to explain; when you have 2 or more accounts in the same realm you’re multi-accounting… when you get caught; the account with the lowest points will be deleted and the account with the highest points will get a 48-hr-ban.

2: babysitting
When you login to someone else’s account; you’re babysitting. This is of course not allowed because with the use of babysitters you can stay online all the time which is not fair for others because it gives you a huge advantage over other players.

3: pushing accounts
I think this is the most discussed reason for a ban. To be very clear; it’s not allowed to do organized battles to push your own account! It’s possible to push your account to gain a lot of honor, gold or military points; and none of this is allowed! Set-up battles to gain something are not allowed! There are set-up battles that are allowed; like army-saves and friendly pillages; because the attacker doesn’t gain a lot from it. One more time; it’s not allowed to do a set-up attack with a friend to gain gold and/or honor and/or military points!!!

4: use of certain programs
* It is forbidden to use any type of software that can harm or interfere with the correct functioning of Imperia Online.
* It is forbidden to use any bots or other ways of artificial stay online in the game. The same goes for programs that automates the actions of a player outside the mechanisms provided by the in game menu. Using public proxies to play the game is not allowed.
I think this is pretty clear *Smiley*

5: excessively spamming/flooding/discriminating in chat
If you don’t behave yourself in chat you can be banned ingame. The main chat operators will judge if an ingame ban is necessary *Smiley*

I hope this makes it a little more clear for everyone! And remember: play fair because cheaters sooner or later WILL GET CAUGHT!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: