Imperia Online International
April 26, 2024, 15:38:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: insulting racist emails  (Read 3086 times)
maxentius
« on: March 12, 2010, 20:43:48 PM »

I tried to send a message to the staff member "admin". Unfortunately he has blocked incoming emails from me. Therefore I publish the content of the email I wanted to send him in the forum:

Dear staff member

Yesterday I reported a very insulting email message which was sent by MAALIK in R6 International. Unfortunately there was no intervention from the game admins at all. Could you please do the necessary that the sender of that email will get his punishment for his racist email?

Because game admins didn't react when I reported similiar mails I made a print screen for proof:

The text is written in german: The very insulting words are "huere Deutscher" and "verdammt Schweizer". English translation for this words is "fucking damn German" and "damn Swiss".

I don't think that such expressions are according the game rules. I had nothing to do with Maalik before but Maalik is member of the alliance "Fleurdelis". I already blocked many members of that alliance because of insulting messages. Now they maybe told Maalik to send me this email because they cannot sent emails to me anymore.

Please do the necessary according your game rules. There is no reason to allow certain people such messages!!!! If you punish than don't make exceptions! Don't be partial!

PS: I couldn't sent him an email before because my mail is already blocked for months...I once made the mistake to reply such emails. For this I had been punished...but the guys who started to send such mails can still send such mails. Thats not fair at all.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 20:57:49 PM by maxentius » Logged
PsYchOtiChiKen
Lieutenant

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 22:56:29 PM »

The text is written in german: The very insulting words are "huere Deutscher" and "verdammt Schweizer". English translation for this words is "fucking damn German" and "damn Swiss".

If a British author wrote about the "damn yankees" at the battle of New Orleans people from the northern USA would not be offended.  Some from the South USA would be offended but only because they would claim the battle was won in the south and by the south and therefore the damn yankees should not get credit for it.  I believe the Swiss take great pride in the battle of morgarten.  We can probably find a Swiss player to confirm that the Swiss people are nice people but become damn Swiss as soon as an army tries to march over the border.

In world war one a German general made a remark about "those devil dogs" "teufel hunden" at the battle of Belleau Wood.  The U.S. Marine corp was not offended.   They use it as a logo in recruiting posters and some marines get cartoon pit bulls tattooed on their arms. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heer is the German land army.  Heere is plural.  "Kampf gegen die hueere Deutscher" word for word "Fight against the Huh?? of Gemans".  Given that the battle of morgarten was fought between a Germanic (Austrian, Hapsburg) and a Swiss army it is pretty safe to correct hueere to heere: "fight against the army of Germans".  Hueere does not show up in online German to English translators.  How did you come up with "fucking damn"?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Swiss, Germans, and Austrians are mostly Germanic, white people.  If they pass around insults it could not be a race issue.  Might be nationalist.

The children of Tibetan immigrants living is Switzerland probably take just as much pride in their heritage and plan to also become "Verdammt Schweizer" if an army from the east (or any other direction) tries to storm into their homeland.
antoniusb
Private

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 16:03:24 PM »

Sorry, but neither Germans nor Swiss could be considered a "race" so the terminology "racist" does not apply. I do agree that the email is entirely inappropriate and should receive a warning from the game admin. I did notice that the name of the person sending the email indicates the person is very likely of middle-eastern (or African) descent and that he could be using the anti-Swiss and anti-German comments as a proxy for insulting all people of European descent (i.e. white people). If determined to be the case, I think it there could be racial overtones in the message that deserve stronger actions.

I would also note that maxentius is using an image for his avatar that is well known throughout the web as mocking a certain religion (that I will not mention) and that this could be inviting the insulting comments he has received.
PsYchOtiChiKen
Lieutenant

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 00:28:01 AM »

I did notice that the name of the person sending the email indicates the person is very likely of middle-eastern (or African) descent and that he could be using the anti-Swiss and anti-German comments as a proxy for insulting all people of European descent (i.e. white people).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maalik

That is the first link that pops up on google.  Maalik "denotes an angel who guards the Hellfire, assisted by 19 zabaniya or guardians".  A player from either Lawrence Kansas or Shibuya Japan could have pulled the name from a list of demons.  You could guess my ethnicity based on the assumption that I like chicken and your guess would probably be wrong. 

Malik is also a word for king or leader in various places.    Imperiaonline requires six digits.  Most of the typical English titles have already been taken.  Maalik is a good username IMO. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: